Re:Autumn's Treasures: The Jade Coin comments and reviews

[Post New]by dresnut on Aug 21, 09 7:12 AM
kath70 wrote:I have downloaded the trial version, it picks up the hammer at the start but wont allow me to go any further, it points to the door but nothing happens when i try to proceed, I think i will have to delete it and try re-installing it!.

Did you ever get to play this one? I am running into the same prob.

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Aug 22, 09 8:08 AM
I loved the concept of this game. I love finding the bits and putting them together, the journal with the goals was also good. But at the end of the trial period I just found the game tedious.
1) the dialog panels took too long.
2) nothing was hidden very well.
I really thought I was going to be buying this at the beginning, but now I don't think so. Please don't think I'm just bashing here, I really think the makers are on the right track and I will certainly take a look at any future games they produce. This one just didn't work for me.

[Post New]by ANNAV51 on Aug 22, 09 4:45 PM
same problem , stuck with hammer smacking at the door. can't pass thru door or anything!!!!!!! downloaded and re-downloaded 4 four times....same results... help!!! i'm losing it!!!!!!

[Post New]by swarnachandra on Aug 22, 09 6:52 PM
I have tried the trial version. After clicking on the hammer, next thing the arrow points towards the door and then wherever I click, nothing happens. I clicked on the door everywhere and in all other places, nothing happens. Three days I tried with and without internet connection. But of no use. I just removed the downloaded trial version. When so many are facing this problem, there must be some problem with it. When I am able to play all the other games, why this game alone, I am not able to play? I request BFG to kindly rectify the trial version.

elcbee1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by elcbee1 on Aug 23, 09 1:03 AM
Grrrrrr. Look, just take this stupid thing off until you really, really get it fixed. And, for heaven's sake, why is it listed under "Felix's Favorites" when it doesn't work for most people? Am glad I downloaded for a trial this morn instead of buying it. Disappointed.

twentz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by twentz on Aug 23, 09 7:02 AM
I hope "Autumn's Treasures 2" is on the way!!!!

rome72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rome72 on Aug 23, 09 7:30 AM
I really like this game! I've only played the trial version so far, but it has me hooked. (Matter of fact, it has my 6 y/o daughter asking if she can watch or play the game too! LOL) Thank you BFG for putting out another fun one for us to play! And my daughter is standing right here saying "thank-you" too!
I think I've got her "hooked" on HOGs and Adventure games. Not sure if thats a good thing or not yet. LOL Too bad my husband doesn't quite like the amount of $$ I spend buying all of these games, yet he'll be the first one to snag one of my new BFG discs & run upstairs and play it on the laptop we share! (And I use that laptop for nursing school, which starts back up tomorrow) So I wonder how much room I'll have on it after he's been playing these games too??

[Post New]by mewhyme on Aug 23, 09 8:41 AM
the game gets stuck on the part where the hammer is the first part

BlueLena
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by BlueLena on Aug 23, 09 6:10 PM
Sorry that my 1st ever post has to be a complaint, but I downloaded the trial of this game 4 times and still have the door problem. The trial is only 60 minutes long and I've wasted 20 of them.I did use customer support but received the "how did we do" email before any response to the problem. I wont waste time trying it again, shame as I love these games.
Blue Lena

[Post New]by gill288 on Aug 26, 09 9:44 AM
I am stuck at the door , the first thing it told me to pick up the hammer then the arrow showing me to go through the door, well i picked up the hammer and in went in the bar underneath where your items goes, but thats it, cant go through the door and cant pick up the hammer, i have loads of BFG games and it is the first time i have`nt been able to play, pleased i did`nt buy it.

sarra73
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by sarra73 on Aug 26, 09 2:36 PM
This was an okay game but only lasted about 20 minutes after I bought the full version. VERY big disappointment in my opinion. I'm going to be wary on using my credits from now on because of this. I would expect a game to go on for a long time after you do the trial and decide to buy it. There were really only a few rooms to search after buying it.

Bad. The game play was very awesome and it led me to believe there was going to be a LOT more to do after you find the coin, but holy moses; ONE extra scene and that's it?

Don't buy this. Just play the trial. Huge waste of money and happiness here.

Every game I have bought after trials have given me long days of playtime. This one, however, just did not stack up at all.

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Aug 26, 09 6:23 PM
I LOVED this game. I bought it yesterday and finished it in one day. I could not help it. I love HOG where you sort of have to work at getting to the next level! I hope Autumn has a part 2 game coming soon! I'll buy it from BF right away!

It's good to see some quality HOG on BF. I've played so many crappy ones of late (sloppy graphics, cheezy and too short).

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Aug 27, 09 6:00 PM
I just finished this game and I thought overall it was pretty enjoyable. I definitely apprecited the notebook that kept record of all your goals. The items were not too difficult to find so I never had to worry about getting frustrated. Most of these puzzles were pretty easy and I was able to finish the game within a couple hours. I did enjoy the story line and I will most likely buy the next in the series when it comes out as well.

badmommy64
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by badmommy64 on Aug 28, 09 10:06 PM
I will definately be adding this game to my collection Not too annoying, the graphics are top rate, the game play is engrossing. The solves are just difficult enough, help is just enough and I like the fact that you can check your goals easily. Great game..a keeper for sure.

redw00d
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by redw00d on Aug 29, 09 7:28 PM
Downloaded Autumn Treasures for the first time today - two weeks after the first report of the same issue I saw - I've had no bad install/reinstall, but I still see the same bug with the first "room" (can't pass in the demo first few clicks "Do not pass Go/no$200" syndrome).

I suggest that Big Fish Games would do well to adopt the same approach as Java. There is a .jar for each release, where there are java defined files that check the user os/patches/hardware/firmware. Or BFG hire out compatibility issues to a 3rd party vendor or test organization.

I've not been a consumer of Big Fish Games software long, but I find that in the last 2-3 weeks, more games are incompatible with my XP not large home CPU disks.

I like, I enjoy, I am satisfied with the price point and the general features of the games I do successfully install. But I'm less sure I'm going to have a qualified, well tested download as I proceed to try the games "Felix recommends" as I hit my 6th or 7th uninstall.

It's a corporate positioning issue. Is Big Fish swimming with the latest, high-end geeks who still have cash to spend on endless hw/sw upgrades, or are aiming for the mid-range kinda newish hw/os, or areinclusive of many lower-end hw/sw systems. When I was working at Netscape, our test lab had 93 test runs for various combos of hw/sw/os versions.

Or ... don't put games into "Felix recommends" until there is a week or two of successful installs/walkthroughs.....

I'm uninstalling yet another game. Luckily, this time just a trial.

cheers...BFGians!

redw00d
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by redw00d on Aug 30, 09 5:20 AM
Downloaded Autumn Treasures for the first time today - two weeks after the first report of the same issue I saw - I've had no bad install/reinstall, but I still see the same bug with the first "room" (can't pass in the demo first few clicks "Do not pass Go/no$200" syndrome).

I suggest that Big Fish Games would do well to adopt the same approach as Java. There is a .jar for each release, where there are java defined files that check the user os/patches/hardware/firmware. Or BFG hire out compatibility issues to a 3rd party vendor or test organization.

I've not been a consumer of Big Fish Games software long, but I find that in the last 2-3 weeks, more games are incompatible with my XP not large home CPU disks.

I like, I enjoy, I am satisfied with the price point and the general features of the games I do successfully install. But I'm less sure I'm going to have a qualified, well tested download as I proceed to try the games "Felix recommends" as I hit my 6th or 7th uninstall.

It's a corporate positioning issue. Is Big Fish swimming with the latest, high-end geeks who still have cash to spend on endless hw/sw upgrades, or are aiming for the mid-range kinda newish hw/os, or areinclusive of many lower-end hw/sw systems. When I was working at Netscape, our test lab had 93 test runs for various combos of hw/sw/os versions.

Or ... don't put games into "Felix recommends" until there is a week or two of successful installs/walkthroughs.....

I'm uninstalling yet another game. Luckily, this time just a trial.

cheers...BFGians!

M0627
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by M0627 on Aug 30, 09 1:50 PM
borntoplayitnow wrote:
kath70 wrote:I have downloaded the trial version, it picks up the hammer at the start but wont allow me to go any further, it points to the door but nothing happens when i try to proceed, I think i will have to delete it and try re-installing it!.

Just a suggestion, have you tried:
1 - go to main menu
2 - click on the profiles link, where is says "click here to select players"
3 - delete your profile, and create a new one.
4 - start a new game

[Post New]by nikakh77 on Sep 1, 09 10:54 AM
I liked this game. It had a cool plot and was user friendly. It's a must have for people who like hidden object games.

[Post New]by juju510 on Sep 4, 09 5:27 AM
I loved this game. I downloaded the trial then got the full version and could not stop playing till i had completed it so was a long night for me hurry up with part 2 lol

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Sep 4, 09 5:42 AM
loved the game wish there was more like it.

Go to: