madragone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff comments and reviews

[Post New]by madragone on Aug 26, 09 12:32 PM
This is my first post in the forums so please excuse any mistakes! This game was brilliant - great graphics, good puzzles and just the right level of difficulty for me. As others have said very like ME, definitely worth buying.
I was also able to complete it without using a walkthrough or looking in the forum posts - speaking of which - many thanks to all of you who create the walkthroughs and answer questions in the forums - there are loads of games I've played that I would never have been able to finish without your help.

lucaluna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lucaluna on Aug 26, 09 12:48 PM
well, really, this game it's my 2º favorite game

lucaluna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lucaluna on Aug 26, 09 12:51 PM
my really favorite game it's "build-a-lot : power source

[Post New]by dalouska5 on Aug 26, 09 5:49 PM
paulmiss wrote:seems like a great game but needs more help info as what to do like with the moving hand when it,s in the cursor and how to gather the fireflies to put in the lamp as i assume that,s what to be done but no where does it tell me

[Post New]by dalouska5 on Aug 26, 09 5:55 PM
I love the game,at the trial part I moved on fine till it was over,then when I bought the game I can't find the way to the 2nd part of the paper bag & how to catch the fire flies it's killing me I've tried & tried but couldn't get myself to remember how I did it in the trial part can anyone help ?
Dalouska5

gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by gemangus on Aug 28, 09 2:07 AM
johnandi5 wrote:did anyone else have problems with the game freezing at the start up page...i.e. asks you your name and then it just freezes....I have no trouble playing any other games....really disappointed as I wanted to play this game really badly...

yeah it did that to me too.

notonce
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by notonce on Aug 28, 09 7:12 AM
I loved the game ,could actually go thru the whole game without any help. Have played it twice and it just gets better each time I have played it.

gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Aug 28, 09 8:03 AM
dalouska5 wrote:
paulmiss wrote:seems like a great game but needs more help info as what to do like with the moving hand when it,s in the cursor and how to gather the fireflies to put in the lamp as i assume that,s what to be done but no where does it tell me

I love the puzzle elements of the game without too much help so I had to figure it out.

what a wonderful game and so beautifully drawn too,

many thanks to all who made a comment as it pointed me in the direction of this game and have been very pleased by it.

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Aug 28, 09 9:14 AM
After several days of going back to this game, in between chores, appointments etc., I finally finished. I have to say that this is really a good game. I enjoyed it so much and if you have to stop and start over several days like I did, the story is engaging enough that you can pick right back up.

This will go up there as one of my favorites. It was not to hard and not to easy...juuuuuust right for good entertainment. I recommend this to anyone looking for an enjoyable, relaxing game that also makes you think a bit. Now, do I start on Isabella or Sprill? I love having this dilemna. And of course there is also Nancy Drew Dossier.

Final word: Get this game and enjoy yourself. I give it and out of 5. Did wonders for me on a rainy day

Corie

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Aug 28, 09 11:00 AM
Corie60 wrote:After several days of going back to this game, in between chores, appointments etc., I finally finished. I have to say that this is really a good game. I enjoyed it so much and if you have to stop and start over several days like I did, the story is engaging enough that you can pick right back up.

This will go up there as one of my favorites. It was not to hard and not to easy...juuuuuust right for good entertainment. I recommend this to anyone looking for an enjoyable, relaxing game that also makes you think a bit. Now, do I start on Isabella or Sprill? I love having this dilemna. And of course there is also Nancy Drew Dossier.

Final word: Get this game and enjoy yourself. I give it and out of 5. Did wonders for me on a rainy day

Corie

Totally agree. This is an absolutely beautiful and engaging game.

elcbee1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by elcbee1 on Aug 31, 09 10:29 PM
I am soooooo glad I bought this game. It is beautifully illustrated, the colors are lush and inviting, and the objects fun to find. I really enjoyed it. Thanks BigFish!

[Post New]by pooky5354 on Sep 3, 09 8:27 PM
the graphics gave up--I still had pieces to find and the scene went--now I cannot retrieve the missing pieces--therefore the game is not very good---

kissthis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kissthis on Sep 6, 09 7:18 AM
I really enjoyed this game and was sorry when the trial was over. It is a must buy for me. The graphics were good. It had the right level of difficulty to it. Not to easy and not too hard. Was a nice way to relax.

[Post New]by joytoy71 on Sep 7, 09 4:17 PM
B.F. keep these games a 'coming!!!

[Post New]by ponder_ndm on Sep 10, 09 12:38 PM
This is one of the better games i find. it has the right mix, find the hidden objects AND use them to solve problems. The mini games are fun also.

Need more like this please. )

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Oct 22, 09 11:58 PM
BIG FAT PANDA GAME REVIEW
7 Bamboo sticks out of 10
It's not as polished as a Ravenhearst or Joyville but it's a lot of fun. It has enough variation to keep the story moving and I am finding it enjoyable and relaxing. If there were voices rather than text, it would be a few notches up.
This is definitely worth trying for an hour, and you will likely buy it as I did. Have fun!

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Mar 2, 10 12:47 PM
A very enjoyable game! Interactive in moving from scene to scene to figure out where items should be placed. Mini-games easy -- that's what I like! Game somewhat repetitious; format didn't change. Unusual story line! A good buy!

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on May 24, 10 12:48 AM
Lovely art, enchanting tale. Well worth buying.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 13, 10 4:09 AM
I played the demo when this game came first out, but for whatever reasons (some bad reviews most likely), I didn't buy this game.

However, today I bought "Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff", and loved the graphics and gameplay.
Then someone mentioned in the 'reviews' thread that this game (Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff) was from the same developers.
So I downloaded the game again, played the demo, and loved it this time enough to buy it.

[Post New]by oldlady1935 on Sep 4, 10 1:11 PM
Just finished the hour demo. I got about half way through chapter #5 (The Wizard) I skipped most puzzles which I normally do on demos. (I am stingy and don't want to waste my hour); so this should be about a four hour game if I give all the puzzles a good try. ( I may be slower than you all. The music is tolerable for the hour. The graphics are bright and colorful. You must jump from scene to scene to complete some objects...but this made the game more interesting. It was fun to look around and figure out where to use the completed objects. I thought the hint filled up a little slow. I may not have used a hint if I had not been playing the demo. (Stingy Again!) This game is great for a "play along" with a young child partner. Nothing offensive and very charming. Good game. And what a bargain. It's a daily deal today.

Go to: