Re:Hide & Secret 3: Pharaoh's Quest comments and reviews

[Post New]by SR97355 on Sep 5, 11 12:11 PM
I am new to this kind game. I like hidden objects, puzzles, cryptograms, etc, but this one uses some forms of objects that I find difficult to identify. That's okay. I just got in the habit of verbally identifying objects in a scene even when I didn't need to find them (so I could recognize them later). I didn't mind doing the to-ing & fro-ing...I'm a bit "A-R" so I just kept going back and forth. Didn't use pencil and paper (could have), just would logically travel from place to place using things. Those "hint" pyramids can be elusive...I ended up with 38 when I finished the game. Don't know how many are possible. The only item that gave me trouble was figuring out where to put the canopic jars. I just got in the habit of trying everything everywhere--until I found out the correct place for it. I bought the game on sale, so for me it was well worth the price. I did find it difficult to stop playing the game...I kept wanting to know what the next puzzle was going to be (rather than a "gripping" story). Will play again...just to see if I can get more hints acrued! Probably a good game for a newbie to start with...no penalties for guessing wrong object on hidden object screens.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Sep 14, 11 5:49 PM
I got this game as a DD because I liked the 4th one in the series. This is not as nice graphically, but it was a bit more unique.

Pros:
- Some locations double as hidden object scenes, and the protagonists are painted into the scenes, which I liked. Haven't seen that before in other games.
- Jigsaw puzzles and dragging rows and columns to form a picture! I like those a lot.
- Pretty good background music, especially the Egyptian themes and the South American one.
- Sparkles go away when there's nothing left to do in an area, so you know you're all done.

Cons:
- Hidden object scenes aren't just junkpiles, they're also full of nonsensical stuff that wouldn't appear in that location and in impossible positions, etc. Which didn't bug me in and of itself, but I thought it made the scenes look ugly.
- Almost no story to speak of.

The Bottom Line:
This is pretty clearly an older game in terms of graphics and game design (to some extent), but still some nice, mindless fun.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 12:10 PM
For some reason I enjoyed this game a lot, l like the scenes the mini games and the story was OK.

I think it was quite interesting to play.

Go to: