shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ - Walkthrough and Deluxe Strategy Guide available now

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 12, 09 7:17 PM
therealmrfrench wrote:Ok, I was going through the demo and was very intrigued. I was all set to buy the full product when I saw that I was nearly out of time on the demo. So, I spent the last minute or two looking for a "save" function. Couldn't find any.

So, does the real, full game have a "save" and "load" functionality? Or do I have to start from the beginning each and every time I play?

The game saves your progress automatically when you exit/quit. There is no save button. Hope you get to enjoy this awesome game!!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ - Walkthrough and Deluxe Strategy Guide available now

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 12, 09 7:42 PM
bfgErie wrote:We have a free walkthrough available on the blog that will help you with every puzzle in the game. On top of that, Big Fish Games has a Deluxe Strategy Guide that will also help you on your journey and is also packed with extra goodies.

<a href=http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/drawn-the-painted-tower-walkthrough/>Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ Walkthrough</a>

<a href=http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/6103/drawn-the-painted-tower-strategy-guide/index.html>Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ Deluxe Strategy Guide</a>

The Deluxe strategy guide includes wallpapers and screensavers for your computer as well as the soundtrack from the game. Happy Gaming!

Hello bfgErie,

These features are listed on the Drawn page -- Mac version:
* A cinematic adventure
* Explore enchanted worlds
* Solve elaborate and cunning puzzles!
* Get the Deluxe Strategy Guide plus extras
* Check out our blog walkthrough

But clicking the link "Get the Deluxe Strategy Guide plus extras" brings up the PC only version of the guide et al. If there will be a Guide for Mac, may I suggest ammending the feature to read "Get the Deluxe Strategy Guide plus extras (coming soon)". If no guide is forthcoming, may I suggest removing that feature from the list.

Thanks for your attention.
Shorenuf

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ - Walkthrough and Deluxe Strategy Guide available now

[Post New]by regster on Nov 14, 09 5:48 AM
I don't quite understand the end.

it is just finished? can anyone explain how that is matching in the story?

Or is there coming a part 2 ?

[Post New]by rmharman on Nov 16, 09 7:10 PM
According to the announcement of the game, yes, it's going to be issued in episodes:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/drawn-the-painted-tower-release-date-announced/

"We are extremely excited to release Drawn: The Painted Tower. In this first installment of the Drawn story, we have focused on creating a richly painted world with differentiated game play and fantastic puzzles."

I have a different question about the ending, though -- I glanced at the walkthrough after I was done, out of curiosity, and I noticed that down at the very end, it shows a scene of a room that I don't think I ever got to see, and I can't figure out how to get at.

See the walkthrough here:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/drawn-the-painted-tower-walkthrough/

Let it load and scroll all the way to the bottom.

It looks to me like that's the bell, having collapsed down through the floor back in the Foyer. But I never saw that -- I got the sketches, put them in the book, and hauled it up to Iris, and then the game goes out of my control. I can see the cracked foyer floor in the cutscene, but I never get a chance to look into it. And my game state is on the Roof, and I can't seem to back out of there to go see if the floor is cracked -- there aren't any navigation arrows from the roof, as far as I can tell.

Anyways, if anyone can tell me what the deal with that is, I'd appreciate it. Maybe a difference in the Mac version, relative to the PC?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 16, 09 11:08 PM
rmharman wrote:
Anyways, if anyone can tell me what the deal with that is, I'd appreciate it. Maybe a difference in the Mac version, relative to the PC?

I'm on a Mac. The picture with the bell at the end of the walk through actually is accessible earlier in the game -- maybe sooner, but at least when you go back to the lobby to get the picture pieces for the book.

At the end of my game, after Iris disappears with the book at the front door, the game ends showing a different view of the bell and what could be some light in the basement. In my game at least, after the credits ran, it actually repeated the entire scene from Iris on the roof, getting the book, racing back to the lobby, standing at the open door where she draws in the book, disappears and you see the bell level again. That was cool!

Edited on 11/16/2009 at 11:10:58 PM PST

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Nov 18, 09 11:57 AM
Thanks for the great walkthrough, Margie B. I'd given up this game after being stalled hopelessly, but just started from the beginning. Not to be niggling, but I've found a few small errors (typos) in the walkthrough, but have figured out the correct combinations by trial and error.

I've made it all the way through the Metal Rod Puzzle and Chest Puzzle and picked up the 3 Red Gems and Gear of Flame in Chapter 6. However, after going back to the Ice Castle, I find that I need *4* red gems for the elephants' eyes. Where did I miss the other red gem?

I'm totally addicted to Big Fish Games, but in some of them, such as Painted Tower, the navigation gets pretty complex once you're far into the game. Some of the games actually have maps where you can find your way back when lost.

Anyway, thanks for the walkthrough. I wouldn't have made it this far without it.

MargieB wrote:
cajunbtrfly wrote:I read that you have a free blog walkthrough for Drawn. If so how do I get it

You can click on the link in the first post of this thread that says "Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ Walkthrough"

or you can copy and paste this link into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/drawn-the-painted-tower-walkthrough

Good Luck,

Margie B

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 18, 09 12:25 PM
The red gem (other eye) is above and to the right of the thawed griffon statue.

[Post New]by redshoesgirl on Nov 21, 09 10:44 AM
i am enjoying this game a lot, much better than just hogs.

but i am stuck at the paint-box wizard game. i had a completed puzzle with none of the colours touching but nothing happened.

so i quit, printed out the page with the paintbox clues (a show of colour) coloured the squares as i the solution, still nothing.

i downloaded the demo and bought the game after 1/2 hour. do i have to download again?

halp!

rsg

[Post New]by bethelysa on Nov 22, 09 12:57 AM
So...am in the Hall of Giants. I have the paint palette and am ready to paint the eye, but -- there is no chisel available to me. I went to the place where there was supposed to be a chisel, but it just isn't there. I have an ax, but no chisel -- and cannot progress further. Any idea what to do????

dannsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by dannsh on Nov 24, 09 12:21 PM
jantor wrote:Bigfishgames is now listing this as Mac Intel only, which was not messaged originally. Unfortunately, many of us who do not have Intel powered MACS are finding that fewer games are available. The game will run for the trial time, but after purchase it cuts off at the catwalk, which I gather, is approximately halfway point.

Will this game run on a PowerPC or not? If not is there going to be an update for the PowerPC?

[Post New]by davis997 on Nov 26, 09 5:17 AM
I am up to the symbol cave. I have the torch from the hall of the giants in my inventory. No matter how I place it over the bracket in the cave, it will not take. Am I missing something? Is there a different torch that I need to use?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 26, 09 5:46 AM
The torch gets people every time.
Don't drag it. When you click to take it, it's attached to your cursor ("magnetic click"). Move the mouse as normal to the bracket then click to release it when you are there.

baker3334
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by baker3334 on Nov 26, 09 12:06 PM
I have the yellow and blue rocks but I can't find the red and green ones at all. I've started over twice now and the blog doesn't tell me where these two are at all. please where are they.

[Post New]by davis997 on Nov 28, 09 7:52 AM
Mr_Russ, Your suggestion worked well. Thank you for getting me beyond that frustrating point!

[Post New]by PepperT on Dec 1, 09 4:20 PM
Ok I purchased the game a few days ago and obsessively played until I rescued the young maiden from the tower. She promptly disappeared in to a book with the final words whispered "find the book." Is there a book to find? Or is the game over?

The game credits began to roll after she disappeared, so I am assuming I completed the game? If so, is there a follow-up game? Thank you!

[Post New]by ChocolatStarfish on Dec 7, 09 4:44 AM
I'm really enjoyed this game! Graphics are very good and mystic! but I think that this game will be a too complicated for gamers who starting play not long time ago like I am but in general I'd like games like this!

[Post New]by unicornfish on Dec 7, 09 5:09 AM
The game is just amazing! It caught me from the first second and I couldn’t tear myself away from the game. I liked all: the story, graphics, mysterious music. The game was not easy for me and not too difficult, just enough to be very exciting! My applauses to developers!

[Post New]by Fortunelily on Dec 13, 09 8:22 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I had some graphical issues that required a few restarts of the game to resolve, but the puzzles and challenges were really engaging but not horribly hard. I never even knew it had a walkthrough until I came on here looking to see if other people had graphical issues.

Can't wait for the next installment. :-)

SkittieS
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by SkittieS on Dec 16, 09 4:49 PM
mmm...can u tell me if this game is fun...right now im trying to find a good game to purchase thanks! Sorry that this has nothing to do with asking questions about the game

[Post New]by lilgodess on Dec 19, 09 2:39 AM
I tried using the guide to get help to find out where to put the paper of symbols in the cave. When I put the piece where it is suppose to go, it goes back to the inventory and shows the phrase about the instructions. I'm completely at a loss, can someone help me?

Go to: