Another day, another DAQ...

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:Another day, another DAQ...

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 8, 16 10:09 AM
Caprins hon, look at the dates. Those DQ's have been done. You have to look at the dates or you will drive yourself nuts. Good going though and its appreciated by all.
Lets see what tomorrow brings..lol...

silverslicker
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Up late at night

[Post New]by silverslicker on Jan 8, 16 10:12 AM
Mpendo

I too am up late at night and I find it easier to deal with the DQ then rather than in the morning. If you have a need for something give me a shout......I just might have it.

silverslicker
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Oops oh well

[Post New]by silverslicker on Jan 8, 16 10:15 AM
at least you have some now in case you need them

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jan 9, 16 6:33 PM
Thx silver. Now I know who to call. And you me (although some days I am MIA, RL interference).

Cheers

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 19, 16 3:57 AM
Good morning everybody.. I need a Farmers Wife Doll for my ADQ. Can someone put one up for me please for about an hour or so? 7AM ET.. Thanks, I'll report back when I get it..

Got IT!!! Thank you Mr. Dirk Tee for coming to the rescue. Special thanks to my other peeps that tried to help out as well, it was most welcomed

Edited on 01/19/2016 at 5:42:05 AM PST

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jan 20, 16 5:44 AM
You're welcome.

Looking at this thread, I noticed that when one edits a message, like you did, the thread is not identified as unread. That makes following up the forum a tad more difficult.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 20, 16 5:53 AM
Dirk_Tee wrote:You're welcome.

Looking at this thread, I noticed that when one edits a message, like you did, the thread is not identified as unread. That makes following up the forum a tad more difficult.

Its been that way from the get go I'm afraid , or at least since I have been using it. Only thing one can do is add another post or wait for the thread to come back up..

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Jan 20, 16 6:57 AM
Does anyone think it would be worth the effort to change your name and put "DQ" on the end of it before you bid on your DQ auction item? Would that kind of let other bidders know your agenda...or just put a target on your back?! Just a thought...or maybe a dumb idea

VeronikaG
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by VeronikaG on Jan 20, 16 7:02 AM
It seems to me that would be worth a try. I'm not so sure the sharks are only bad-meaning scoundrels, I think they just play the game their way. Anyway, this would be a good possibility to find out

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Mar 5, 16 7:46 AM
Brought this back up for Pixie.. This thread is used for Daily Auction Quests... Most everyone reads it and will help those new and old players that can use it.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Mar 5, 16 8:55 AM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:Does anyone think it would be worth the effort to change your name and put "DQ" on the end of it before you bid on your DQ auction item? Would that kind of let other bidders know your agenda...or just put a target on your back?! Just a thought...or maybe a dumb idea

As always Im happy to help anyone with daily quest, as far as putting DQ at at end, I think there are sharks out there who would take great delight in targeting those items.sorry Veronika but I dont share your optimism as have had to many dealings with them!!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Mar 5, 16 9:36 AM
I am not sure the DQ at the end would help or hurt; I am thinking it would not have an effect. Could signal to someone else that an item is needed. I try to put up what I want, which one would think is a signal enough but it rarely is, and look through different categories and try to find the ones that don't have anything listed or anything listed at even a reasonable price (to my own mind). There are some items I don't even bother with.... not worth the hassle.

Everything if needed for a collection can be bought with gold - this is only the smallest percentage of items and there are always alternative collections to garner the resource needed - or hey, just play the game! All else is within the game. So other than daily quests there is no real reason to HAVE to play it.

Ever wonder what makes a person get labeled a shark or auction bully? Ever wonder if it applies to one's self? I have. After I was trying to give back to a player and was accused of being a shark by someone else, I thought about it. So, a good rule of thumb here, as in all things, people in glass houses should not throw stones. You never know how your own actions are being judged by others... just saying.

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 9:37:54 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 5, 16 9:58 AM
If somebody puts DQ at the end of their name, I would not overbid them UNLESS I noticed that they were bidding on several different collectibles. Can't have a DQ for a Shot of India AND a Golden Icon at the same time.

I think it's best if you don't advertise what item you need for a DQ. Send a PM to a forum member you trust or send an in-game message to one of your friends for help.

Nobody NEEDS to complete these quests, not even those who haven't done the fix the plane quests. Everybody gets 6 stars each week just for showing up each day, and I believe that the mini games drop AES Crest collectibles right from the start.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 5, 16 10:46 AM
Hi Friends! That DQ idea of mine is an old post...and I didn't even try it myself. After giving it some thought I chalked it up to my last statement...dumb idea, at least for myself. I am still a little intimidated with the auction, but have been able to use the buddy system quite successfully...with ME being the veteran side no less! So learning to enjoy and encouraging (and rewarding/helping) newer players.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Mar 5, 16 10:59 AM
Dont really care what i am labelled as, as long as i feel i am playing fair, which i have always tried to do! Think most people play fair and those that dont I think we all know them by now and the fact that they dont change their methods to me means they really quite enjoy being sharks so learn to play them at their own game and have fun doing it!!

lpcb
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by lpcb on Mar 6, 16 1:37 AM
I only go to buy at auction for DQ's, if the price is out of line I don't even bother. I will bid on a couple and leave it. If I get it, good, if not. . . I used to put up my own at the same $, to give others a choice, they always took everything, so I quit that. Now, I really don't care anymore, the auctions seem really hostile to me and only go once in a while. I would like to get rid of some of my inventory before I start over, as I'm trying to get as much coin and gold, that I can and to use up my pizzas. LOL We CAN take it with us, Can't we?

Edited on 03/06/2016 at 1:40:16 AM PST

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 29, 16 10:00 AM
Does anyone have a Crossbow available for my DQ? Just the plain CROSSBOW, for an hour? or 6...it is 1 pm EST.

And while I'm here...same rant different day. There were none available but to overbid someone's $40,000...a known shark (and I hope you are reading this) that ALWAYS outbids me. So I put up three more at the same decent rate of the original and bid $45,000. GAZUMP!!! last minute at $75,000. It yields $1000! If it was to put coin in a friends pocket, which I HIGHLY doubt, they still would have gotten it!!!

Glad you are back fishfingers. I want to play with you and Blue!!! I feel better now

[Post New]by Chrysanthe on Mar 29, 16 10:33 AM
GCG, I put up 5 crossbows for 1 hour starting at $100. Thought if I put up 5 you may have a chance at 1. Good luck!

Edited on 03/29/2016 at 10:34:14 AM PST

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 29, 16 1:10 PM
Thank you Chrysanthe and M*****! And a special shoutout to T**** back in the saddle and takin' the reins!!!

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Sep 5, 16 5:57 AM
Does anyone have a Tiger Cat stamp to put on the auction for 1 or 6 hours? Thank you in advance!

Got it

Edited on 09/05/2016 at 9:12:14 AM PST

Go to: