Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

Re:Suddenly getting "Director Error"

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jan 20, 10 1:27 AM
fishercat wrote:OK, just started getting the director error + a whole series of errors. I'm using Vista. Why not post the link to answer so everyone can access it. It did ask if I had the latest version of the game so I deleted it and reinstalled. Didn't help.

Hi Fishercat

No uninstalling/reinstalling dosnt help & if you hadnt saved yr player folder you would have had to restart as another player also ?

Have pm'd you a link to have a look at which may be of some help - there are also some links on page 2 of this thread to check out if you havnt already done so

In answer to this -
fishercat wrote: Why not post the link to answer so everyone can access it
this has been answered more than once in this thread - in fact it has been answered again a few posts up from yours - please read the posts or the Bfg rules in relation to this

Fi

Edited on 01/20/2010 at 1:38:39 AM PST

[Post New]by azbizman on Jan 22, 10 8:08 AM
I need the link for Vista also please

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jan 22, 10 3:26 PM
azbizman wrote:I need the link for Vista also please

Hi Azbizman

Have pm'd you

Fi

[Post New]by lirpa47 on Jan 23, 10 2:28 PM
Same problem; msg sez "Director Error, Index Out of Range" and "make sure you have latest version of the game". The game then quits and takes me back to the desktop. I have version 1.3 (I think) d/l a few weeks ago (Jan. '10) . I am using an iMac laptop, Leopard OS.

Any suggestions how to fix this problem? From the looks of other people's messages, it appears there's a glitch in the game software since this seems to affect Mac as well as PC players.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jan 23, 10 7:23 PM
lirpa47 wrote: Same problem; msg sez "Director Error, Index Out of Range" and "make sure you have latest version of the game". The game then quits and takes me back to the desktop. I have version 1.3 (I think) d/l a few weeks ago (Jan. '10) . I am using an iMac laptop, Leopard OS.

Any suggestions how to fix this problem? From the looks of other people's messages, it appears there's a glitch in the game software since this seems to affect Mac as well as PC players.

Hi lirpa

Could be a glitch in the game or the Bfg manager - both were updated mid last year & seems to be just affecting some players with puters beyond Xp - yet others seem to have no prob with it - its very bizarre - does seem to be more prone in systems where install info is stored in 2 seperate places tho

Heres a link in relation to mac users which might be of some help

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/175

the 'out of range' error usually occurs if the layouts yr trying to download to play are old los - could be that a player yr trying to download from has used the fix when thr player folder has reached its maximum which can stop players downloading them past a certain point in time - eg: los made 12 months ago

see how ya go with the above link - if you continue to have probs post back

Also - if you arnt sure where to find - or dont know how to backup yr player folder have just updated this link with that info for Mac users -

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/42627.page#862162

please let me know if the instruction isnt quite right - im still using Xp & not sure if there are variations to get to applications with different Mac versions

Thanks - Fi

[Post New]by putsiecat on Jan 30, 10 11:04 AM
same problem... what is the fix?

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jan 30, 10 5:04 PM
putsiecat wrote:same problem... what is the fix?

Hi Putsiecat

Have pm'd you a link

Fi

[Post New]by Talisien100 on Feb 1, 10 8:48 AM
Same problem...please help

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Feb 1, 10 4:34 PM
Talisien100 wrote:Same problem...please help

Hi Talisien

Have pm'd links for error in Vista - if yr not running Vista get back to me

Fi

[Post New]by cagwftx on Feb 2, 10 3:55 PM
Help! I'm on Vista as well and suddenly cannot play this game. Please tell me how to fix this problem.

Thank you!!

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Feb 2, 10 8:36 PM
cagwftx wrote:Help! I'm on Vista as well and suddenly cannot play this game. Please tell me how to fix this problem.

Thank you!!

Hi cagwftx

Have pm'd you links for director errors in Vista

Re-reading yr post yv said you "suddenly cannot play this game"

How long have you been playing for? - if it has been a good while then you may have maximized yr player folder in which case yl need the Mte Fix

If it has been awhile - this link will help you to check the kbs of the 'players' file in yr game

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/42627.page

Follow the instructions on how to get to the 'player' folder then double clik on it to open it - look for the 'players' file - it will have a number with kb beside it - if its around 500kb yl be needing to use the Mte fix before being able to open the game

Fi

hexwitch
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by hexwitch on Feb 2, 10 10:36 PM
Can I please get the link for the vista fix.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Feb 3, 10 3:32 PM
hexwitch wrote:Can I please get the link for the vista fix.

Hi Hexwitch

Have pm'd you info

hexwitch
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by hexwitch on Feb 4, 10 12:54 AM
Thank you will let you know the outcome

[Post New]by coffeemc on Feb 6, 10 7:36 AM
Using vista can you please help

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Feb 6, 10 3:16 PM
coffeemc wrote:Using vista can you please help

Hi coffeemc

Have pm'd you

Fi

[Post New]by Marshmallow1968 on Feb 14, 10 5:58 AM
I'm having the same problem! I downloaded the game a couple of days ago...on my Vista computer. Seemed to be working great, then, suddenly...just the same as this writer said, "I just downloaded the Mahjong Towers Eternity game a couple of days ago and have played three or four games. Went to play today and am getting a message that there is an error and that I need to make sure I have the latest version.
From that point on, I get Director Errors that I can't get rid of or play the game".

Could someone please help me with this? Thanks.
Cindy

hexwitch
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by hexwitch on Feb 16, 10 3:38 PM
Just to follow up. I followed directions supplied and ended up deleting hidden files, this meant starting levels again but better that than not being able to play at all. It appears to have solved all my problems. I have played through to gold Ox without any problems and still going well.

Thank you for your assistance.

[Post New]by Cacaleee on Feb 18, 10 8:26 PM
I also need the fix for running Vista

[Post New]by kmann1105 on Feb 19, 10 11:43 AM
I/m getting the same error messages. I/m running Windows 7. How do I fix this problem?

Go to: