genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:Age Of Oracles: Tara`s Journey comments and reviews

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jan 27, 10 7:55 PM
I absolutely loved this when I first started it. Funny, by the time I finished the demo, I was bored out of my mind. It felt like the plot was just too tralala~

I might give it another try some time, but at this point, I give it 2 out of 5 stars.

oct2447
Stingray
Stingray
5,937 Posts

[Post New]by oct2447 on Mar 12, 10 8:23 PM
Re: "tipi" vs "teepee" Speaking from Indian Country here........tipi is the proper spelling, teepee is simply the phonetic Anglicized version of the word.

[Post New]by emilialucinda on Apr 11, 10 2:42 PM
I found this game to be horribly boring. I'm not a fan of the junk pile hidden object scenes and this game started to give me a headache after a few minutes. I uninstalled the game after 10 minutes or so. This is a straight HOG game. Not for me.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on May 29, 10 12:09 PM
The following comments are based solely on the demo:

Agree with others - the graphics are really pretty to look at. They're realistic without being sinister or hyper-realistic. They're done in nice rich, jewel tones which definitely gives it more of a childlike, fairy-tale feeling. The gameplay itself is fairly easy. I liked the fact that you had to place objects in the scene as well as identify them. That was something I haven't run across in HOG games before, and it made a nice change of pace. I also liked the fact that the hints appear to be unlimited and refilled fairly quickly. Didn't have to use them often, but it was nice to think I wouldn't get stuck and have to just sit there if I did.

All in all I had a nice, relaxing time with the game. I'm not sure I'm interested in buying it because it was so simple to do, but it'll definitely go on my "Strongly Consider" list and think about it a bit more if/when my "Absolutely Must Have" list is emptied.

Edited on 06/05/2010 at 6:53:41 PM PST

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

Brain fluff

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jul 19, 10 12:46 AM
I expected this to be more of a kids game, and it certainly is easy enough. Maybe they've cleaned up the graphics since the first reviewers. It's just barely tough enough to keep my interest when I'm burned out and need something good enough to keep my attention but not so riveting I can't wind down and fall asleep. I'm playing it mostly because I love the fairytale quest feel to it. I like the detail on the map scene, instead of dotted lines across a map from one place to another. It's repetitive alright, but at least I've had to find different things every time, and things do get moved around. It's kind of interesting to be putting objects BACK into the picture. It's relaxing. It has sugargliders, which is a big plus with me. Play the demo, if it doesn't bore you, then it's worth the sales price. I certainly wouldn't pay the 19,99 charged on some sites, but hey, bet you can play it with your kids. All positive messages so far (I'm half way through) and not likely to shake up too many fundamentalists. Except for the ones who always have their panties in a wad anyway, and you just can't please them no matter what.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Jul 26, 10 12:25 PM
Very nicely done "fairy tale" type game, Very easy and suited best for children. Not for an advanced gamer looking for a challenge. Became repetitive and monotonous for me and seemed to go on forever. Still, nice graphics, music but just not for me. Older children should really enjoy this one!

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Jul 26, 10 12:27 PM
Very nicely done "fairy tale" type game, Very easy and suited best for children. Not for an advanced gamer looking for a challenge. Became repetitive and monotonous for me and seemed to go on forever. Still, nice graphics, music but just not for me. Older children should really enjoy this one!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 12, 10 3:14 PM
Ongoldenpond wrote:Very nicely done "fairy tale" type game, Very easy and suited best for children. Not for an advanced gamer looking for a challenge. Became repetitive and monotonous for me and seemed to go on forever. Still, nice graphics, music but just not for me. Older children should really enjoy this one!
Played the demo of the DD today, agree with you.

StefsCat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by StefsCat on Dec 26, 10 9:58 PM
I have a spreadsheet where I sort my games into definitely want, maybe and don't want. This game went into the definitely want. I just recently got it and am finding it to be very enjoyable.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Aug 25, 11 10:21 AM
This is a beautiful, relaxing and light game with colorful graphics and a fairy tale theme. It is very well made, by the same developers as the Big City games, and similar in style and length. While IHOG players certainly won't be challenged - it is straight hidden object for the most part - it is still a nice game for quick breaks when you do not want to think while you are playing.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 1:02 PM
This game was ok, is just a HOG with plenty of scene to go into, just you seat back and play as you go.

No much of a story line, at least I kind of forgot what the game plot was while playing.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 23, 12 6:24 AM
From the developer that gave us the Big City Adventure series. Review based upon completion of the game.

You get what you know from the BCA series. An introductory game (Puzzle, memory, mahjongg, alternating). New was a black and white scene in which you have to place back coloured versions of the item, and an IHOG variant after the standard two junk pile scenes in which you have to figure out the goal of the level. So we get: Intro game - black and white scene - 2 junk scenes - IHOG scene. Rinse and repeat 19 times for a total of 20 levels. All this is held together by tarot cards and a story of an "introduction" as Tara walks around the country guided by a peacock. To be honest, it did not make much sense to me.

Graphics were okay, objects were a tad bit blurry when playing in full screen mode on a 23'' screen. Wide screen mode was available, and objects were sharper, but in that mode there were VERY wide black bars to the left and right.

Bottom Line: The game was okay on its own. If you like games by that developer, get it during a sale. No recommendation for full price though given that it's 3 years old.

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Aug 17, 12 10:40 PM

Very nice graphics-- reminds me of the puppet shows where there are 3 or more layers behind each other. As far as the game goes-- it's perfect for a child. Nothing scary, easy to find scenes, and a story with no plot. It uses Tarot cards, but why, I am not sure. I couldn't figure out that they had anything to do with the game. So I just decided they were cool pictures. Several 'memory games' with cards, too. I personally found it quite boring--but I think a child would really get into it.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Sep 20, 13 8:31 PM
This 'old school' hidden object game is a change of pace from the newer ones and although it has mini game breaks, it is mostly hidden objects and with older eyes some of the objects were quite challenging to find :/ and very well hidden. I experienced several palm to forehead moments when I used an occasional hint :/

If you want to just find the objects with no timer and plenty of hints available give this one a try...I have over 200 mostly adventure/hog games and like to break to an older one once and awhile . and this is going to stay on my GM for replay

I'm giving this one out of 5

Go to: