Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville technical issues

[Post New]by artslave on May 25, 11 3:29 PM
Gaygayle wrote:I downloaded the game twice I
On my iPad 2, and there is no torch to light the hallway. So I can't get into the boiler room. Any suggestions?

I'm having the same issue on my iPad. I restarted the game like 3 times and the option to look for the torch/lamp isn't there. I can only go to the pile of stuff, can't click on the puzzle either. I looked through the help area and nothing. So I'm not the only one.

[Post New]by artslave on May 25, 11 3:31 PM
iPad user here. I played the demo and loved it. D/L the game, installed with no issues. But I'm stuck at the theatre. I can't find the torch/lamp to light the area for the boiler room. Restarted a couple of times from the beginning and the same issue happens. From what I've read, I'm not the only one. What do we do?

[Post New]by mommafun on Jun 8, 11 8:34 AM
There is no boiler room on iPad version. Get the plunger, lever, and chain then go fix fountain to get the key to secret garden... From there, you'll get to master's cabin and complete the game. Hope this helps, took me a few to see fountain top sparkled when I had all these tools!

[Post New]by angus_mcpuppy on Jun 8, 11 10:42 AM
I did the fountain. I have been in the theater, the make up room, the balcony, the masters house, the daughters room. I am still stuck. There is nothing else to do. There is nothing that sparkles. I have the iPhone version.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 8, 11 11:29 AM
Hey angus_mcpuppy,

You may want to take a look at the walkthrough (you can click on this link) for help with advancing in the game. It's a great step-by-step guide through the game, but please note that because the walkthrough was made for the PC/Mac version of this game and not specifically for the iPad version, so there may be certain steps that are not relevant to to the iPhone.

Here are some specific spots in the game where you will see differences; in the iPhone version, you will find:

• No boiler room scene
• No generator puzzle
• No door number puzzle in theater
• No stained glass puzzle in puppet workshop
• Puppet's mouth gives red rune & no letter key
• No barrel with hidden object scene
• Punch card is found behind slider/mask puzzle in bedroom and is already punched & ready to use
• No machine in desk drawer to punch at the card & no number keys found to use in said machine
• Acid bottle under blanket in bedroom is found already full
• No need to fill empty bottle later
• No hidden object scene in daughter's bedroom
• No rope ladder to create (so, you won't need to find the items for it)
• No dungeon
• No puzzle in prison scene
• No key found here
• No hidden object scene in the grotto
• You'll neither find nor need the blow torch
• No floor grate puzzle in laboratory

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Owlcityluv98 on Jun 26, 11 12:33 PM
When it says "one of the masks are missing" when I try to put the mask on it it won't go on no matter where I try it. How do you get it to stick??

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jun 30, 11 9:17 PM
Why is there so much depleted from the iPad version? That just blows!

[Post New]by jcrhino on Jul 7, 11 12:15 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey angus_mcpuppy,
Where is this puppet that has the rune? I can't find it and now I'm stuck since it won't let me leave the theatre grounds. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You may want to take a look at the <a href="http://bigfi.sh/jAw1Tv">walkthrough</a> (you can click on this link) for help with advancing in the game. It's a great step-by-step guide through the game, but please note that because the walkthrough was made for the PC/Mac version of this game and not specifically for the iPad version, so there may be certain steps that are not relevant to to the iPhone.

Here are some specific spots in the game where you will see differences; in the iPhone version, you will find:

• No boiler room scene
• No generator puzzle
• No door number puzzle in theater
• No stained glass puzzle in puppet workshop
• Puppet's mouth gives red rune & no letter key
• No barrel with hidden object scene
• Punch card is found behind slider/mask puzzle in bedroom and is already punched & ready to use
• No machine in desk drawer to punch at the card & no number keys found to use in said machine
• Acid bottle under blanket in bedroom is found already full
• No need to fill empty bottle later
• No hidden object scene in daughter's bedroom
• No rope ladder to create (so, you won't need to find the items for it)
• No dungeon
• No puzzle in prison scene
• No key found here
• No hidden object scene in the grotto
• You'll neither find nor need the blow torch
• No floor grate puzzle in laboratory

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by PuppetLord on Jul 7, 11 4:20 PM
I just completed this game for PC. I bought the iPad version yesterday, and found it it's not nearly as good. There are so many things they should have kept. I can't wait to see how iPad ruins PS: Lost Town.

[Post New]by Snoobslove on Jul 23, 11 6:19 AM
How do you make the hour hand move on the clock? It is a fantastic game but I cannot get past this. The minute hand will turn some of the time.

[Post New]by GamerGirlKate on Aug 31, 11 2:39 PM
CustardChris wrote:Hi,
I did post this in the main thread,but I wondered if it was a technical issue, that when I try to mend the ladder in the workshop, I can place the stick and the nails, but have problems hitting the nails with the hammer.

When I place the hammer from the tools list onto the 'sparkle' in the zoomed-in window of the ladder, the hammer seems to go behind the zoomed window, and does not activate the next scene.

I have also tried with the hammer onto the ladder without zooming in, but of course it doesn't work either.

I am playing this on the iPhone 4

Cheers for any help

I'm having the same problem on my iphone4!!!!!!!!!

I placed the hammer on the nails and he says "you might want to use a hammer on the nails."

I tried!!

Help please!

[Post New]by GeordieLaura on Jan 13, 12 10:38 AM
Hi, I love playing this game but I cannot get the screwdriver to work to open up the control panel thing in the museum. Any suggestions???

coral3818
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by coral3818 on Aug 20, 12 4:08 PM
please help me to move further i am stuck. I can't find the key to the door in the garden near the shed.

[Post New]by prcs2902 on Aug 30, 12 9:12 PM
where did I miss the tool to break the glass on the clock? I found all the items in the rooms I've been in but when I got to the clock I had noting in my tools to break the glass

[Post New]by kajmit60 on Nov 1, 12 7:59 AM
I purchased this game for my iPad....it's beautifully done. If it actually worked, I could see myself purchasing the rest of the series. Unfortunately, I can only access about a third of the game. There is a glitch that makes it impossible to complete. I checked the walkthrough to see what the problem was...and one of the crucial items needed to proceed, is cut off in the iPad version. It is an exercise in frustration in trying to make contact with anyone who gives a hoot that they have my money, and I have no game. Can SOMEBODY...ANYBODY please help ?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 1, 12 9:48 AM
Hi kajmit60,

I'm sorry to hear you're having such trouble playing this game on your iPad!

Our Mobile Support Team will be happy to work with you directly on getting everything resolved with this issue. Please get in touch with them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email and they'll get back to you as soon as they can.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by kajmit60 on Nov 1, 12 10:02 AM
Wow....thank you SO much for your reply. I didn't expect to hear from anyone. On my way out the door, so will look into your suggestion as soon as I get back. Thank you again. =)

[Post New]by Miko99999 on Apr 17, 13 10:39 PM
I was just wondering why the PC version has WAY more actual puzzles than the iPad version.
I have it on my iPad but when I watched someone else play it there was a few more areas to explore and more hidden object scenes and more puzzles.

[Post New]by masterhiggins on Sep 8, 13 12:39 AM
Is anyone having issues unlocking the game after it's been deleted from your iphone? I purchased the unlock a few months ago and I had to wipe my iPhone recently and it doesn't give me an option to unlock it without purchasing it again. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I just have to "purchase" it again and it won't charge my iTunes account again? Thanks!

[Post New]by Liza_dora on Oct 13, 13 3:40 AM

I am having an unlocking issue with this game. I have already bought the game for iphone. I upgraded the phone so had to re-download. But when I go to the option to purchase now, I only get a popup asking me to buy the game and to pay again. I have already paid for this hand so this is unacceptable.

Go to: