Re:Avenue Flo Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by topc4t on Oct 29, 09 3:39 PM
Hi there, 1st time on the forum . I might be sounding a bit stupid but am having trouble on a couple of things! 1st the 'Sprout Girls' - where is the money? I think i have clicked on everything?!! The other thing is the cake ingredients - i've done them all apart from the "sugar" - i just cant seem to get the cookies out of the way. My daughter has also been playing this so i have missed some of the plots (not unusual for me, lol!!)
Any help much appreciated.
Cheers,
Topc4t

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Oct 29, 09 7:29 PM
I don't usually review games because my opinion can be a bit "out there". I love long games that can take days to finish.....hidden objects games can become a bit boring to me, unless they have added taske to them, such as Return to Ravenhearst....which is still my number one game...that an Azada. So I really bit the bullet when I downloaded and tried Avenue Flo. I fell in love with it! It is so much fun. I love having all the tasks to do and the interaction and the whole format. It is just a great game and I am glad I took a chance on it. I have to admit....I thought it would be like a child's game....way too easy....but I found myself banging my head when I was trying to re-arrange the cabinets to try and find the ingredients to the cake mix. What a challenge!

I am so glad I found a new genre of games to play. I was getting really burnt out on **** games and I am still waiting for the next installment of Ravenhearst, which I read will come out soon.

Thank you to all of you great folks who do actually write reviews . I listened this time and I am soooo glad!

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Oct 31, 09 8:52 AM
I am stuck in the maze looking for mr big secretary help please.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Oct 31, 09 9:29 AM
The Secretary is at the top of the room, you have to find a way in from the right.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Oct 31, 09 10:11 AM
ok found another cheat sheet from gamezebo with the direstions thank you.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Oct 31, 09 10:15 AM
I am at the end of game 2 give rings 2 ship but am missing 1 butterfly and I have looked everywhere for it. I hope that I dont have 2 start game all over cause I dont think I could go thru game again lol lol missing butter fly from st up 33 on right side thank you

chadilia
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by chadilia on Nov 13, 09 1:00 PM
I was really surprised to see an Adventure/HOG game based on Flo... I'm a huge Diner Dash fan, so I was super curious about this game. NOTHING like Diner Dash of course, and not really much like other HOGs on the market.

You know what this game COMPLETELY reminded me of... I'm sure the designers have played these old games, because they're so similar... the old Adventure games made by Humongous Entertainment, like Pajama Sam. The graphics and storyline and humor and quirky characters all felt very child-like to me, like the game was designed for a 10-year old. Then again, I'll admit I really do enjoy those old Humongous Entertainment games... and I did enjoy playing Avenue Flo (even though I felt "embarrassed" at times). I would recommend Avenue Flo to anyone who likes light, cartoony, easy adventure games.

strandman
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by strandman on Nov 14, 09 7:22 PM
did anyone else have trouble with this game crashing?each time i collected 9 of the 10 scraps of paper for Mr.Big's secretary my game crashed.is it my PC or has someone else had this problem too?

[Post New]by Vylent_Fyre on Nov 15, 09 12:45 PM
I am completely baffled at the Sprout Girls screen where you have to pick 15 pieces of money. I even went through the walk through and located every single spot and I still have one "bill" I am missing, even though I counted 15 being picked up.

What do I do about this now? I am stuck and I can't get past this neighborhood without getting the mint cookies for the cake-o-matic machine..........

Re:Avenue Flo comments and reviews

[Post New]by catarina329 on Dec 4, 09 3:49 PM
wendylosangeles wrote:PS: I wish it had been longer, perhaps 5 areas instead of 3. but I still "heart" the game LOL :-)

i like a lot too... but i'm having dificulties in finding de code of the safe to get the rings... i think i find all the clues but i can't take her out of the house... need a hand here... thanks

[Post New]by catarina329 on Dec 10, 09 3:45 PM
Vylent_Fyre wrote:I am completely baffled at the Sprout Girls screen where you have to pick 15 pieces of money. I even went through the walk through and located every single spot and I still have one "bill" I am missing, even though I counted 15 being picked up.

What do I do about this now? I am stuck and I can't get past this neighborhood without getting the mint cookies for the cake-o-matic machine..........

the last bill was stuck on the tree behind the taller girl (sorry for the writhing, school finish long lime ago...)

[Post New]by hippiemumma on Dec 31, 09 3:53 AM
U LOVE THE GAME TOO BUT HAVE GOT STUCK TRYUNG TO FIND THE CODE FOR THE SAFE I HAVE TRIED AND TRIEDSO MANY COMBONATIONS BUT NONE SEEM TO WORK CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED CAN,T EVEN L;EAVE THE APARTMENT

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 31, 09 4:55 AM
hippiemumma wrote:U LOVE THE GAME TOO BUT HAVE GOT STUCK TRYUNG TO FIND THE CODE FOR THE SAFE I HAVE TRIED AND TRIEDSO MANY COMBONATIONS BUT NONE SEEM TO WORK CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED CAN,T EVEN L;EAVE THE APARTMENT

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/avenue-flo-walkthrough/

Scroll down to chapter three. Alternatively, this question has already been answered in the Avenue Flo Forum.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jan 4, 10 4:56 PM
Just finished my 1 hour and got to near the end of Chapter 1 (just the last beading to do). Wasn't sure, but decided right at the end I do like it. Pity I am a day late to get 40% off!

[Post New]by hippiemumma on Jan 7, 10 3:08 PM
meatbun66 wrote:I just finished playing the game. I loved it!

I AGREE LOVE THE GAME BUT I AM STUCK IN THE APARTMENT LOOKING FOR CODE FOR THE SAFE I THINK I HAVE FOUND EVERYTHING BUT EVERY COMBONATION I USE WON'T LET ME LEAVE APARTMENT KEEPS SAYING I HAVE GOT IT WRONG CAN YOU HELP ME

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jan 12, 10 7:32 PM
Wasn't going to look at this when it came up as the Mac TGT. I thought it was a TM, but read a recommendation. This is a great adventure game! I will definitely be buying it. The mini games are different and challenging without being impossible. The interactions with the various characters are fun. I was very pleasantly surprised with this game.

[Post New]by daftdevice on Jan 23, 10 5:43 PM
The game is the best "Dash" one that i have played yet. The only problem was that it was short and that there is not much replay value. Would be nice if it could be mixed up a bit the second time around or if there was more to it.

[Post New]by SHANWOW16 on Feb 23, 10 1:23 PM
I loved this game! it was fun but i was sad when it ended they should definitly make a second one

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Aug 22, 10 7:32 PM
I never heard of this game until someone offered a half off credit to me... so figured I'd give it a shot and I totally love it!! It's funny and smart and I love the task lists. I haven't played much yet... only about half an hour but I really like it. I'm not a TM fan so this lets me enjoy Flo without that aspect of things at least not so much of it.

I'd recommend giving it a shot... totally different style of adventure gaming and not a huge "thinking" game so you're not stuck on a screen for an hour figuring out what to do next... so far it seems pretty easy. Nice to relax with when you just want something to have fun with and not stress figuring things out.

Graphics are clear and amusing. Music is fine... nothing I'd need to turn off anyway. And Flo's voice cracks me up. In fact, Flo in general cracks me up... I can see why those dash games are so popular with the TM crowd.

goarweam
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by goarweam on Aug 31, 10 7:35 PM
If you love Avenue Flo, you would love the sequel too, Avenue Flo: Special Delivery (Beta)...

But if you couldn't wait you may try playing Emerald City Confidential, the first Adventure game of PlayFirst with Full Voice Overs as well!

Go to: