Re:Trapped: The Abduction comments and reviews

[Post New]by Rivalsan on Oct 30, 09 2:57 PM
I enjoyed the game, though yes.. It was dark.

But the ending left me feeling unsatisfied. Almost cheated.
What, they couldn't spend five minutes on an ending scene?

[Post New]by pondlady73 on Oct 30, 09 3:34 PM
being of sound mind i also bought this game , i love a mystery and this is one from beginning to the end. i dint have much trouble finding objects. i probably play it again but not soon. no ill not be playing this game with my greatgrandson when hes in town but i didnt buy it for him ,the voice of the kidnapper sounds like the voice of the headless horseman in sleepy hallow. and the way it ended i dont think the story is over with. ( have a good life )

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Oct 30, 09 9:45 PM
SPOILER BELOW!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I thought it was a really great game until the ending. What a big letdown. They are obviously planning for a sequel, but I have the same feeling about that as about the rumors that there will be a "Paranormal Activity" sequel - how do you make a sequel of that that anyone really wants? I don't want to watch this jerk chase the heroine cross-country. This was a one shot game for me. I'm not interested enough in this story and what is really going on (never really explained - why take her teeth, what happened to her memory?) to buy a sequel.

[Post New]by wagsalot on Oct 31, 09 6:45 AM
I don't get it! You finish the game and it seems like there should be a sequel. I don't want to give the ending away.....but obviously. This is not the first game that warrants a sequel. Nice game but frustrating at the end. If you want people to continue buying the games...please note that a sequel is in the works or else it can be aggravating to say the least. Now I want to go see Saw IV....yes I am becoming more demented. I think I have a motive but most definitely harmless. Thanks for something but I'm not sure what. I guess it really is the journey and not the destination. In my book there are definitely a few destinations.....but no FINAL DESTINATION. Prattle on with your games yet if they finish without a finish....I don't know? Thanks anyway.

[Post New]by absolutrebel on Oct 31, 09 8:54 AM
I loved this game, it was great for Halloween, BUT....the ending is pathetic ! I was really disappointed. All those items were collected for what?? I expected one final puzzle bringing them all together....got nothing of the sort, just a damp squib ending. It spoiled what was otherwise an entertaining few hours.

[Post New]by theald on Oct 31, 09 1:13 PM
I found the game to be boring & wanted to skip all the dialog....

heidie0
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by heidie0 on Oct 31, 09 2:17 PM
flyingsquirrely wrote:Heidie, I don't know what happened in your life but I do know that one of the ways they are treating PTSD now for people in combat is through video games. It helps desensitize trauma. I have PTSD too but so far there is not a game for what happened to me, if there was I would play.

Well, I haven't had the nerve to play it again yet, but I visit the posts from time to time. Not sure it would help me either, but hey, worth a try right? Thanks so much for your post flyingsquirrely

heidie0
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by heidie0 on Oct 31, 09 2:19 PM
kithain wrote:
"I have read many of the comments here on BF about this game. I even attempted to play a little of it. Self help if you will in that I hoped it would help me see things like this in the light of a story instead of reality. For those of us who have been in these shoes, it is a bit disturbing. Not pinning this on BF at all, our choice to play or not. I just may be able to use it to vent on and actually help get past a few issues I thought were long since buried. It is, in fact, very creepy to hear that voice, but I will try to play it again just to show myself I can. Thanks for the chance to use something as simple as a game to help overcome leftover issues BF. "

HeideO- Good luck working through your issues. From working with survivors, I've heard this is often very cathartic and helpful. But it doesn't work for everyone. So don't push yourself if it doesn't seem to be working. Again, good luck. [/quo

Thanks so much for your post kithain. I won't push myself to far, but really need to get past the fear of being alone at night thing if you know what I mean. Sorry all, I know this is not a psyc group....lol

[Post New]by sssalpha1358 on Oct 31, 09 3:34 PM
So once I got past the obvious connection to the SAW movies and the annoying comments from the kidnapper and the 'oh so helpless dumb heroine' of the game I thought I would buy the whole thing and give it a try. Pretty dissapointed to learn that it's just a set up to force you to buy a second one.
You spend the whole game collecting these helpful items to fix a car and get out of this warehouse and in the end you don't even have to use them? What a waste of time. Wish I could have my game credit back for it! I enjoy the HOG where you have to collect items and use them in similar fashion to Lost in the City, which I truly enjoyed, but this one seemed very elementary in comparison and definitely lacked a good storyline/ending.

When is the next Mystery case files due out because I am sure that one would be worth the money!

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Nov 1, 09 6:16 AM
I did not play long- got to the hall- I just don't enjoy creepy. Wish some of the puzzlers could be put into a different storyline. I did like having to figure out the next step.

rckgrl05
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by rckgrl05 on Nov 2, 09 11:05 PM
Before I buy is there any replay value?

[Post New]by Qtiebaby02 on Nov 4, 09 3:46 AM
I like the forums. I get a good sense of a game here. Should I buy it or not? Well this game....sucks. Sorry everyone....But really. I thought it was not scary at all. Not creepy. Very tame. I am so glad I did not buy this game. I don't care what happens to Helene or the kidnapper. I am going to buy Vampire Saga. That game kept me interested. It seems much more challenging than this game too. So sorry if anyone is offended by this review. But really...save your money. Get another game. Return to Ravenhurst. Lost in the City. Devil's Triangle. But not this one.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Nov 4, 09 4:17 AM
i really enjoyed this game, took me a few days to complete it, i will play it again soon, the ending was not great but hopefully there will be more in the series, not to everyones taste i know, but...everyones different x x

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Nov 4, 09 1:46 PM
Just finished the demo, and although pretty easy, I thought it was good. Then again Halloween is my favorite holiday...just got to it a little late. Abductor's voice was creepy which I liked.

Regarding all the controversy, what did you think the game was going to be about with a title of "Trapped: the Abduction?" Obviously not a fairytale with little bunnies running around. And saying that controversy could be solved if abductee was a man....come on people, give me a break. Abduction is abduction, no matter whether you're male or female.

And stop blaming Big Fish...they don't make the games...or do you expect them to censor what we can and cannot play?

[Post New]by banners on Nov 4, 09 8:06 PM
This game was a big disappointment. It had amazing potential, but they did not deliver. It was the same thing over and over again. Find a few things, pull something together and then the man taunts her in a creepy voice. The ending was so poor. After having to endure his voice the whole game, I thought at least they owed me an ending to a story. As I mentioned, it did have great promise so hopefully if they bring out another one, they mix it up a bit and tell a better story along with it.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 5, 09 11:40 AM
Just finished the demo, which left me indifferent. Certainly not really scared. Yes, the game has an adult theme, but so have most darker HOGs on this site. Why anyone would single this one out to be banned from the site is beyond me. There is no graphic violence at all, maybe a little bit of a creepy feeling for some people. But if that alone should warrant a ban of anything, where stop? Any dark HOG? Hitchcock movies?

Bottom Line: Will probably not buy - unless there is a very long drought of good games.

betsycole
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by betsycole on Nov 5, 09 2:52 PM
i am so glad i got this game as a freebie.. it was the most boring game i have had of the games i have purchased. i feel that if i play for free one hour that it will shorten the game when i buy it.. not sure how that works.. i wish you could play just 15 or 20 minutes to see if you like it or not...thumbs down for me on this one.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Nov 5, 09 2:55 PM
You can play for only 15 or 20 minutes if you like. Just exit the game. Then, if you want, uninstall it using the game manager.

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Nov 5, 09 11:20 PM
BIG FAT PANDA GAME REVIEW
9 Bamboo sticks out of 10
Wow, I am very impressed with this game. I gave it a high rating for many reasons.
One of them is the voice acting. It is top notch and makes the game feel more alive than reading text. I also love the not knowing what's next element in this game.
I will agree that it is very easy but I am kind of liking that after playing some very hard IHOGS recently (the ghost bodie thing one - Ugh!).
This is creepy and it lives up to a serious feel.
Enjoy!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 7, 09 10:02 AM
Forgot something in my review. Is it just me or is the plot a bit ridiculous? Four things:

* You want to get up to the first floor in the garage and put planks there to get up there. You know that the kidnapper is watching you, and you are in a hurry - so would you rather make sure you get up there slowly or waste time installing a railing?

* You see that the kidnapper is watching you in every room; there are video cameras in plain sight. Wouldn't you smash every video camera?

* Being kidnapped and threatening the responsible guy with the police? Not suich a great idea.

* There's lots of things you can use as weapons in the rooms. Why not confront the guy?

Go to: