Seoul - Level Help

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Seoul - Level Help 48

[Post New]by rrrrob on Jan 30, 17 5:10 AM
Since they removed the exploding shovel this one seems impossible. There is no way unless you are prepared to use a minimum of 5 shovels to get rid of the exploding bombs and the yellow sticker. Lightning bolts won't do the trick since they won't explode the brown or pink bombs as there are no gummies of that colour. Even by using the shovels there is no guarantee that you will get the required score. I've started 2 boards with a lightning bolt after one move and was still far below the required score when the bomb went off. Tillysmum 1 gave a hint but I think a lot of that was luck. Could any of the others who passed this level, after the shovels no longer explode the surrounding bombs give a hint. This one is really frustrating.

Edited on 01/30/2017 at 5:56:19 PM PST

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by rrrrob on Jan 30, 17 5:36 AM
Would anyone know if a sonic boom would work?

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by rrrrob on Jan 30, 17 5:55 PM
Okay I sucked it up and did it. I got a lightning bolt early on and matched it with a blue that cleared a lot off. As the countdown on the bombs was at 2 and my score was at 33K (only about half of the 60 K needed to complete this level) I thought I would chance it.. I was also able to get the other 3 chained gummies inside the box then I just used 5 shovels to clear the 5 in the middle and kept making matches until I was down to 2 moves. I then used 2 more shovels to clear the last 2 tiles, then I used my last 2 moves and one was a bomb blast and I ended up with a score of 60,180 just barely over the 60,000. This was a very difficult level now that the exploding shovel no longer works. Anyone reaching this level better be prepared to spend some time and shovels to get through.

If anyone finds an easier way please post so others will benefit from it.

And I know I still have level 66 to come...............

Edited on 02/01/2017 at 5:28:28 PM PST

AnnaGP
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Seoul - Level Help

[Post New]by AnnaGP on Feb 2, 17 2:01 AM
I am also not enjoying Seoul. Very hard and very expensive. 64-1(particularly vile as practically no green gummies!) and 66 have taken nearly all the hard earned cash I managed to earn in weeks of playing. I had to use boosts and extra moves, plus many, many attempts. Disproportionately resource sucking and almost no fun. Would be nice to get some real help not feigned commiserations and a recitation of the level of which we are already aware. Very frustrating and disheartening. I spent easily 1000 gold coins on those two levels plus having to buy resources in the misnamed "helping hands" and still don't have enough to build monument at 70. From the looks of the comments here, it seems that the suffering is going to continue. Not sure that I will.

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Seoul - Level Help 66

[Post New]by rrrrob on Feb 4, 17 12:22 PM
Ever since getting through Level 48 (and as you can see from my previous posts that was no small feat) I have been dreading Level 66. Well I got to it and had a few hapless tries but on my fourth I got extremely lucky. I created a lightening bolt that dropped on the paper blocker, I noticed before hitting it with the bolt that it was only a 2 paper blocker as one of the papers had been removed when I created the bolt. I remembered from the earlier posts that if you hit a paper it will only clear the number of papers it has so I needed to hit a 3 paper. I sat and stared at it for a while realizing there was no way I could get to a 3 piece of paper, then it hit me, use a shovel, even though they don't explode things any more they do get rid of a gummy or a piece of paper. Since it was a 2 piece I had to use 2 shovels and then the bolt dropped onto a 3 piece and from there it was easy I blew up all the paper and most of the 3 piece stickies had already been cleared so most of the souvenirs could be worked to the bottom fairly easily. I had the score no problem but with 2 moves left I had a bolt and one souvenir left above 1 sticky. I was in luck because I created a vertical line blast right below the souvenir by wiping out the last sticky. I used the bolt to hit that coloured gummy at a different spot on the board and that set off the vertical line blast and the souvenir dropped to the bottom.

So Level 66 wasn't so bad................. okay I got extremely lucky. BTW haven't got through Level 64-1 yet. I know after Level 64-2 its just a free drop. I know there are Gems involved but does anyone know if there is anything else?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:Seoul - Level Help 66

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 4, 17 12:53 PM
rrrrob wrote:[...] I sat and stared at it for a while realizing there was no way I could get to a 3 piece of paper, then it hit me, use a shovel, even though they don't explode things any more they do get rid of a gummy or a piece of paper. Since it was a 2 piece I had to use 2 shovels and then the bolt dropped onto a 3 piece and from there it was easy[...]

So Level 66 wasn't so bad................. okay I got extremely lucky. BTW haven't got through Level 64-1 yet. I know after Level 64-2 its just a free drop. I know there are Gems involved but does anyone know if there is anything else?

If you can get away with a only couple of shovels that's fine and cheaper, but remember that you can always use a wind boost to bring a triple layered litter next to a bolt without wasting any moves. So if you know how to get rid of the litter early on, then level 66 is not so difficult, I agree.

As for 64-1 and 2, I had to play 64-1 many many times but finally was able to pass with 1 shovel. 64-2 was easy. Unfortunately I haven't noted down what resources you get when you complete them.

PS By the way, wind boosts are very useful in dropping souvenirs too and they are awarded relatively often at Daily Events (x2).

Edited on 02/04/2017 at 12:57:44 PM PST

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by rrrrob on Feb 4, 17 2:10 PM
Thanks for the tip Eli about the wind boosts I'll remember that and I really should do the daily events more often. When I get stuck I just start stockpiling resources to ship and to get more Green gems. I've got a stash of 500 green gems and over 15M in all three resources in Rome so that should be plenty.

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Seoul - Level Help 82

[Post New]by rrrrob on Feb 10, 17 5:15 PM
I can't believe my luck today. It took me 2.5 days of shipping blues to build the monument at Level 80 because I simply refuse to spend 400 coins for a HH. I knew level 82 was patiently waiting for me............ another reason to not spend 400 coins because I would probably need lots of boosts. I went through the entire thread here to see what tips were given. Not a lot but Barlow gave a hint how to help so I said here goes. First try was pitiful not one souvenir dropped and I think I ended up with only removing 5 or 6 regenerating stickies that by the time I finished had regenerated. So now what I thought this is going to be like level 48 except it was a timed level so you didn't have time to sit and plan your next move. Okay so here goes try 2 and I can't believe I got it without any boosts. it was like the Gummy gods were smiling on me I got 4 lighting bolts and 3 of them had a line boost drop beside or on top of them and before you know it I had the score and only the 2 corner souvenirs with 2 three level regenerating stickies below them and I still had 1.50 minutes left so I decided right then that I was going for the extra time if I didn't make it but I just kept making matches and finally both dropped with 30 seconds to spare. I can't really give a hint because it was sheer luck that I got through so easily now I think only level 113 and 117 are the ones to worry about.

[Post New]by joke0704 on Feb 21, 17 7:56 AM
Can't we skip Seoul. The most difficult city so far. It has to be fun to play. But this city wants me to sign off the game. Punishment no fun in it

ChicJ
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by ChicJ on May 21, 17 8:24 PM
Wow! I came to this forum looking for help on the number 20 levels. Currently I can't seem to get any of them the second time around. On 23 and 24 I can't even get the first round. I really enjoy GD but after reading about the problems everyone else is having on higher levels it takes the fun out of the game. Most people play games for fun and relaxation. Why make some of these cities so hard and Frustrating?

[Post New]by Galestorms on May 25, 17 4:10 AM
It is ashamed that the further you go it is virally impossible to get through it is not pleasant anymore....so I bid farewell, I have enjoyed the run...all they want is money and I have spent enough....waving....see ya later.....and I will not play or have anything else to do with Big Fish....see ya

[Post New]by nitasfree2be on Jun 29, 17 11:45 AM
Not sure anyone is reading these but after level 50 i need pink gems...2 million and there's no way to get ANY playing the levels... if i ship them it will take a month.. any help please? I've really enjoyed gummy drop til now.. i can't keep spending $$

Edited on 06/29/2017 at 11:46:21 AM PST

[Post New]by mike_from_kent on Jul 19, 17 3:25 AM
Level 34 how do you get to the bottom of this please

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 19, 17 11:49 AM
Hello nitasfree2be and mike_from_kent,

Thanks so much for your patience while waiting for a response. I'm here to provide some game advice right away.

nitasfree2be: I completely understand how difficult it would be to accrue 2,000,000 pink gems within Seoul. Right around Level 1, there's a local who will give you 2,000,000 pink gems in exchange for collecting 10 cards with rocket ships and the moon on them. You can collect those 10 cards by beating different difficulty modes for Levels 1 - 10. Once you give the local those cards, you'll receive 2,000,000 pink gems.

mike_from_kent: What helped me beat Seoul, Level 34 was focusing on making matches with the chained gummies. The chained gummies seperate the top half of the board from the empty bottom half, where there are many papers with countdown timers. By making Line Crushes and Bombs, I was able to clear a path through the chained gummies to the bottom of the board. Then I could clear the board of the papers with countdown timers before they detonated and ended the game. Making multiple-gummy matches (such as Line Crushes or even Lightning Bolts ) also helped me reach the high score.

I hope this information has been helpful. Please PM me or another of the active Moderators if any more questions arise. We'll be happy to help.

bfgBeruna

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 6, 17 7:21 AM
Hey weatherup, well I see your still with us even after all your bellyaching. I just spent 2 months getting through Barcelona and now I'm already hating Shanghai! But one consolation, you're closer to Amsterdam than me! So hang tough!

gardenbird
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by gardenbird on Oct 6, 17 2:26 PM
Seoul is s oul destroying. Whomever was the developer who put this city together was, he needs to go back to the drawing board and rethink this city to make it easier. This game is meant to be FUN!! Seoul just isn't fun. I am half way through, but am not enjoying it, I am hating it, If there was any way of skipping it, I would. I love Gummy drop the game, BUT....... I am beginning to feel I should stop playing. When the fun has gone and you are left struggling why bother?

[Post New]by Arlysv on Oct 14, 17 1:23 PM
I need help with the Heping hand at the end of 73! I can’t get those red things down and see no way!

gardenbird
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by gardenbird on Oct 15, 17 12:24 AM
Have had a nice little holiday in Monsterville, It took me 9 days to complete the city and knock out the 158 games. It was fun.
I am now back in Seoul (hate it, hate it)which is the real Monsterville. Still only half way through. 6 monuments to go,. While in Monsterville I have been shipping like mad to Seoul but still only have between 3 - 4 million of each colour, and see from the resources needed to complete each city thread (thanks to the guys who put this together) that I will actually need nearly 10million of each colour to finish building the 6 remaining monuments. In Monsterville I scored roughly 17 games a day. In Seoul I am lucky to get 2 out a day, if that. That is the difference. I am now at level 69 (which is said to be real difficult) so I could be there for weeks. I don't know why I am still playing!. I really think the developers need to go back and make this city a bit easier. Why drive away the players. So many must give up at this point. Are the developers even listening? I don't intend to do much in Seoul if I continue; just to finish the intern levels so I can move on. I will not be buying HH, completing missions, or building resource ports. When it's this hard it's just a nightmare.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 16, 17 11:35 AM
Hi gardenbird, just swimming by with an observation about your comment, I'm one of the people responsible for the resources for monuments thread you referred to and I'm glad it has proven helpful, since I don't have the info for the monuments at 60 and 70, it would be a great help if you could send me a PM to fill me in. And you're on the right track with your strategy to get through Seoul, just do the minimum to move on, I learned that from the seniors and I'm just in Shanghai! Hang in there!

[Post New]by ckaywins5 on Oct 16, 17 3:08 PM
Found a secret to getting diamonds! This will help you out in Seoul, you don’t have to redo levels to get the diamonds. Go to Tokyo and just replay level 100. Each win you will get bricks, hats, jewels it is a 30 second board but you will get a lot of timers you just need to watch for them. I have already got enough to buy 5 diamonds. Good luck

Go to: