Phlorrie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Rio de Janeiro - Level Help

[Post New]by Phlorrie on May 25, 17 2:29 PM
Level 58 is ridiculous. I have tried everything - if I do get the required number of hats, I cannot get the required number of points to solve. And what is the purpose of the middle row of bombs as they are easily removed after 2 moves. I have had lightening strikes combined with arrow boosts and star boosts and even when the chained gummies are loosened, there is really no advantage.

I also think there should be a display of each item so that everyone writes in the same language. E.g. Lightening bolt + picture. Ticking bomb +picture. Boost + pic (is this the arrow) and the gummy star + pic.

Phlorrie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Phlorrie on Sep 5, 17 9:21 AM
After many months today I finally left Rio and it almost did me in as the fun was not there. However just wanted to say that I only needed 35 green gems (not 75 as was posted earlier). Here's hoping St. Petersburg is easier!

zapberry
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by zapberry on Sep 26, 17 1:51 PM
eli173 wrote:
maam1 wrote:need help on level 97 intern, not enough moves to complete

Sorry, I coudn't pass the level either, it's one of the nasty ones. I had to use 2x5 moves plus a shovel!

I'm stuck on this level too. The one time I cleared all tiles and got both souvenirs I was about 2k points short of completing the level. I tried spinning the wheel for an extra 5 moves but got a free heart instead. It's annoying because if you accept the extra life, you aren't taken back to the "purchase/use extra moves" screen. I find that very frustrating. It's almost like the game penalizes you for winning an extra life on the wheel spin by not allowing you to continue with extra moves. I should've just ditched it and bought extra moves. It is very frustrating.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 26, 17 5:57 PM
I have hit that situation before, did you know you can decline the heart and you will go back to purchase/extra moves screen, of course it will ask if you really want to do that, but in a circumstance like you described at least you'll have the choice.

zapberry
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by zapberry on Sep 27, 17 9:06 AM
GamingGrampa wrote:I have hit that situation before, did you know you can decline the heart and you will go back to purchase/extra moves screen, of course it will ask if you really want to do that, but in a circumstance like you described at least you'll have the choice.

Yeah I thought about it but decided to take the heart anyway. I guess it's set up that way on purpose as to not give too much of an advantage.

I finally beat the level. Had to use two sets of extra moves though. I don't like using extra moves on intern levels.

Edited on 09/27/2017 at 9:06:58 AM PST

bfgBeruna
1,783 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 27, 17 10:52 AM
Hello zapberry,

I'm sorry Rio de Janeiro, Level 58 has been such a tricky one to beat. I definitely want to provide some help with this so you can continue progressing through the city.

What helped me beat this level was focusing on making Lightning Bolts . The Lightning Bolts helped me achieve the level's high score while also getting as many of the blue hats that the level required. When Lightning Bolts weren't possible, I made Bombs.

I hope this advice comes in handy. If more questions arise please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 01/11/2018 at 4:00:29 PM PST

rrrrob
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by rrrrob on Dec 12, 17 4:49 PM
Stick with it Maudcat it does get better but about 2 cities from where you are now. I found Rio like you do but not quite as bad as some of the earlier ones like LA and Seoul. St. Pete's which is next is also tough although Level 31 is great for bricks almost as good as NY Level 18 but not quite. Once I got to Level 31 I didn't need to purchase any bricks HH or even ship them. I also found the start of Mexico to be challenging but once you get into the last third there are three levels that offer all three of the colours that are quite easy to win 90 % of the time. After that was Cape town which was fantastic. I could do nearly every 10 item mission and earned lots of coins along the way. Entering Budapest I found the same thing and then my computer went bonkers at a power blackout and deleted the game, because it was on PC and not connected to Facebook I was out of luck so I've started out again.

[Post New]by Zanna317 on Jan 3, 18 4:24 PM
Rio is a nightmare. I've completed cities with frustrations and hard work plus excessive lives and money. Nothing even compares to Rio. I want to quit and I feel betrayed because I have played this game for years now. This is my game to relax and have fun, but now it is a chore and I often give up in tears. What does it take? Money? Good reviews? Even the seasonal minigames are stressful and not fun. I want to keep playing, but this taking an emotional toll that I can't afford.

[Post New]by Zanna317 on Jan 4, 18 10:48 PM
Had hoped for a message, tech support, encouragement and received silence. I think that it's time for me to accept that the game has exceeded my skill level and it is time to admit defeat and logoff with grace. I wish the very best of luck to all players.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 5, 18 12:14 AM
Zanna317, if you want tech support, you need to contact them directly, they don't always read all this stuff, so if its a tech problem, do that. If its some kind words and general support you would like, there is that here in abundance. We all try to help as much as we possibly can, but we are all players of the game too, not tech wizards or developers or anything else. All I can suggest is that you maybe take break, chill out, but come back as Rio is not impossible to get through and once you are through, it really should get a bit easier for you. You most certainly can get through every city without spending real money, there are a ton of people here who have done so including myself, the only real money I have ever spent was buying the life lifter a few years ago, nothing else whatsoever and have got through to the current city, (Melbourne, about to finish it off and open Toronto) so it can be done. Above all else, I really believe you need patience and the biggest key to getting nearly every level out, is to keep reloading the board till you get the best layout, then play it. Don't play the level if its a crappy board, back out and go again. Even on timed ones. And even the most difficult levels will come out eventually with the right board and combination of the right moves, AND a little luck too with the way the gummies fall. So chill out, and relax, it might just happen for you a lot better. Whilst waiting for lives to regenerate, play another game or do something else to fill in time, it works. Good luck, and reach out for help if you want to, you can PM me too if you like.

Weatherup
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Rio de Janeiro - Helping Hand 75-3

[Post New]by Weatherup on Jan 11, 18 1:53 PM
This isnt hard, just not enough turns. Any suggestions besides the obvious - make boosts?

Weatherup
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Jan 11, 18 2:02 PM
Zanna317 wrote:Rio is a nightmare. I've completed cities with frustrations and hard work plus excessive lives and money. Nothing even compares to Rio. I want to quit and I feel betrayed because I have played this game for years now. This is my game to relax and have fun, but now it is a chore and I often give up in tears. What does it take? Money? Good reviews? Even the seasonal minigames are stressful and not fun. I want to keep playing, but this taking an emotional toll that I can't afford.

This game got really difficult in New Orleans. It's been hard ever since for me. I've nearly quit a few times. As Jules said, be patient and when you run out of turns do something else for an hour. Remember that it is going to be tough when you begin playing, good luck?

bfgBeruna
1,783 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 11, 18 3:27 PM
Hello Weatherup,

Thank you so much for sticking with Gummy Drop! despite the challenges presented by New Orleans and Rio de Janeiro. I'm swimming by to offer some tips that will hopefully help you beat Rio de Janeiro, Level 75-3.

- Lightning Bolts are incredibly helpful throughout this level -- they help conserve your moves and can even, when matched with the Litter, remove an entire obstacle from the board.
- When Lightning Bolts aren't available, use Line Crushers, especially horizontal ones. These can really help clear the White tiles from the board.
- Take time to examine the initial layout of the board before making any moves; if a Lightning Bolt or Line Crusher can't be formed within your first or second move, then exit the level before making a move, and you'll be able to restart the level without losing a life

I really hope these tips help conserve your moves and maximize your score. If trouble with this level persists, please contact our Gummy Drop! Support Team for further assistance. You're also always welcome to PM me or another moderator if new questions about the game arise.

Thanks for your patience, and I wish you the best of luck.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 01/11/2018 at 4:00:12 PM PST

Weatherup
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Jan 12, 18 9:14 AM
Thanks Beruna
I finally got it. That's what worked. I was finally able to get a Z to fall next to a paper and then a bunch of great matches and a few Zs showed up and I had 5 plays remaining. Some turns give you great boards and others dont!

Weatherup
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Rio de Janeiro - HH 85

[Post New]by Weatherup on Jan 12, 18 4:07 PM
What particular boosts are needed for this one. 3 layers of returning papers in 3 hi columns is impossible. There's not enough time and the paper keeps coming back. I've tried 8 times and can't even get close. Once I got the boat to drop but not enough points. Also, that "amazing" sign stays lit too long and hides the board. It's hard enough without stuff blocking the screen!! This one is KILLING me!

Weatherup
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Jan 18, 18 12:02 PM
116 frustrating! !

Weatherup
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Rio de Janeiro - HH 85

[Post New]by Weatherup on Jan 18, 18 12:03 PM
Weatherup wrote:What particular boosts are needed for this one. 3 layers of returning papers in 3 hi columns is impossible. There's not enough time and the paper keeps coming back. I've tried 8 times and can't even get close. Once I got the boat to drop but not enough points. Also, that "amazing" sign stays lit too long and hides the board. It's hard enough without stuff blocking the screen!! This one is KILLING me!

Finally got it. Concentrate on one side, getting to bottom. Then work in from the side. Good luck!

bfgIlinalta
3,382 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 18, 18 12:15 PM
Hello Weatherup,

I can absolutely understand the frustration for Level 116 in Rio de Janeiro. This one in particular is tough even with so many moves because of all the ice cubes, stickers, and the Deep Desert tile that will spawn Desert tiles every turn once gummies start to touch it. Furthermore, there's a relatively high score needed to pass the course along with tiles to break.

My recommendation for this particular level is to try to do as many things as possible with each move. This allows you to possibly clear multiple tiles, ice cubes, stickers, or otherwise as the same time while pursuing the score and tile goal. Once enough of the board has been cleared I recommend trying to create line crushers, bombs, and Lightning Bolts at any opportunity to help clear more of the board as well as develop high score moves and cascades. If you are able to do so, swapping a Lightning Bolt with a line crusher, bomb, or another Lightning Bolt can help achieve the score and tile goals much easier, but may be difficult to do early on this level.

I hope this was able to help out! If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Weatherup
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Jan 19, 18 6:54 AM
I don't know how but I got 116. Once you can clear out a few stickies you have some breathing room, the gummies start cascading pretty well. Concentrate on a single area.

Weatherup
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Rio de Janeiro - Level 116 AND 120

[Post New]by Weatherup on Jan 19, 18 6:58 AM
Weatherup wrote:I don't know how but I got 116. Once you can clear out a few stickies you have some breathing room, the gummies start cascading pretty well. Concentrate on a single area.

120 looks like one that will take plenty of turns or a few boosts. Must be patient!! It's also the last stop in Rio!!

Go to: