Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

Re:Comments and reviews 1912: Titanic Mystery

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jun 1, 11 8:16 AM
Not or me...

The screen shots were enough for me. Grab a handful of random objects and throw them against the wall and see what sticks. What a waste of good background art.

[Post New]by Missy_s on Jul 23, 11 3:20 AM
I enjoyed this game. It was the diary entries that really kept me going to the end. I was actually dissapointed with the sad ending though!

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Aug 26, 11 11:10 AM
way tooo tiny to play more then the demo....but it was decent game if u like super small...

winkadink
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by winkadink on Aug 26, 11 1:10 PM
I was not happy with this game. Just did the free hour and found the items way too small for my eyes. Even the story was written too small for me to enjoy. The game, too, was just okay for me. It is mostly hidden objects with a few puzzles, which were fairly easy. It did not have the adventure aspect I like in a game, combined with hidden objects and puzzles. I am sure if you don't have a problem with finding small objects you will like it. Definitely give it a try before buying. The game is just not for me. Thanks everyone for your reviews. I find them most helpful before I even try a game. Have a great day!

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Aug 27, 11 7:18 AM
Missy_s wrote:I enjoyed this game. It was the diary entries that really kept me going to the end. I was actually dissapointed with the sad ending though!

Yep that is what intrigued me too. It was sad tho, I agree.

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Oct 4, 11 7:30 PM
I liked this game when I started because the story is intriguing, A long game is always nice, but this one is just too repetitious. By the time I returned to the same locations multiple times only to search for the same objects multiple times I couldn't wait for it to end.

[Post New]by snehadbh on Dec 29, 11 11:37 AM
Simply love this game!!!!!!!

[Post New]by DreamDancer82 on Jan 24, 12 5:07 PM
I played the demo of this, and I was surprised when it ended (I hadn't realized I had been playing for the entire hour). The Hidden Objects are easy to find, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on the person. For me, it's a good thing. I don't particularly care for HOG's where the objects are hidden *too* well. I tried playing the "Hidden Expeditions" Titanic game, but I gave up on that fairly quickly, for some reason. Then I tried this one, and I was hooked.

I have to say one thing, though, I did find the names of two of the game characters to be hilarious, but that's just me. The characters in question are Cole Nesmith and Isaac Maryland, and I will say why. I'm a huge fan of the group The Monkees, and my favorite Monkee is Mike Nesmith (if you don't know who the Monkees are, Google it). As for Isaac Maryland, there are two reasons. One, I live in Maryland, about 45 minutes away from Washington, DC. The second reason has to do with Washington. Or rather the character Isaac Washington from the old TV show, "The Love Boat." I don't know, I just found that funny. I have a strange sense of humor.

I also liked the music and the sound effects, and I especially loved the bonus wallpapers. I loved the art, and I was thinking it would be nice to see what these rooms look like without all the objects scattered all over the place. And then I found the bonus wallpapers. Yay!

The one thing I really liked about this game, as opposed to several other HOG/Puzzle games I've been playing lately. Absolutely NO BACKTRACKING! Okay, yes, there *is* backtracking in the form of searching rooms you've already searched, but at least it's not to the extreme like ERS's "PuppetShow: Souls of the Innocent" or "PuppetShow: Lost Town," where you have to go through the entire town to get back to a location. In this one, when you need to search a room you've already searched, it takes you to the boat, and gives you the room you need to search. I think that was my problem with "Hidden Expedition." I'd pick up stuff that would go into my inventory and then try to figure out where to use it, or I didn't have what I needed in my inventory at the time, and couldn't figure out where to go from there. This game is more cut and dry in that regard, which is what I prefer, actually.

Edited on 01/24/2012 at 5:08:38 PM PST

Charleen
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Charleen on Apr 24, 12 8:33 AM
I loved this game...If you don't know a lot about the Titanic there are some neat and interesting things the crew will tell you...There are mini games most of them are easy but some are not so easy...And yes I would buy it again....As usual
Big Fish Rocks

[Post New]by raynestormrn on May 3, 12 12:27 PM
pretty bad. Only made it twenty minutes on the demo, and was so annoyed by it. Maybe i've just gotten used to the ahog games, but still, even other straight hidden object games are better. The mini games were annoying, the hog scenes annoying.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Feb 26, 13 3:05 AM
I was looking for something "light" to play for a while and this game was on the money. I think for someone just starting out, this would be a perfect game to get use to the concept of HOS and not so technical puzzles as there are in other games. I mean it is one HOS after another, with a few on the side things to do. BUT, the thing that kept me going nonstop til I got to the end was the journal. I just had to know what the heck would happen. As I said before, I like two things in a game, one being the compeling story line that grabs you and makes you just keep going. This game did that for me. The second thing is beautiful graphics. Now if I was playing this on my laptop, no way would I be able to see these objects, even if I were wearing glasses. Since I have a 23" monitor, it was no problem. Fit the WS beautifully and even the factual commentary was still interesting even though I have seen documentary after documentary on the subject. Still a good game. Another aspect which really appealed to me was the fact that this game did not try to emulate the movie.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Apr 20, 13 7:24 PM
I thought I'd made a wrong turn somewhere and ended up on the Love Boat - a series which I mostly avoided.

I know it's a game but why would the suite be so messed up on a maiden voyage? Is that supposed to be funny? I don't "get it." I found the ten items (not hard); I found the little life ring (it was right out there in the open where I couldn't miss it if I tried), I found the tweezers (they might as well have just handed them to me), and then I started thinking about Dark Parables and how much I would rather be playing a game like that - with graphics that leave me breathless - and for the same price.

That did it. This game appears thrown-together, cheaply made, and the HOS are embarrassingly easy (a sundae stuck to the side of a bed?).

It's not even worth it if it's a DD.

Go to: