Daggit12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Trail of Time Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by Daggit12 on Dec 31, 15 2:22 AM
knoelli wrote:Hi fellow fishies,

my wife also had the game crashing at the cave scene and was quite annoyed and disappointed. Having some dev skills myself, I had a look at the game files and found a SOLUTION TO THE CAVE CRASH:

- go to the following folder: c:\Program Files\Ominous Objects - Trail of Time Collectors Edition\assets (or: c:\Program Files (x86)\Ominous Objects - Trail of Time Collectors Edition\assets if you are using a 64bit Windows)
- copy the file "game.xml" to your desktop
- open the file "game.xml" on your desktop with a text editor
- go to line 1494 which reads: <!-- ??????? ????? -->
- change it to: <!-- ??????? ?????
- go to line 1499 which reads: <couple place="5" item="brick_5" current="brick_4"/>
- change it to: <couple place="5" item="brick_5" current="brick_4"/>-->
- save the file and close the editor
- copy the modified game.xml from your desktop back to your game folder (acknowledge the windows UAC prompt)

This modification will prevent the game from crashing when clicking the cave door. However, the minigame (arranging the 5 door tiles) is won immediately once you place the missing tile. But the game can then be continued normally.

Hope this is of help to you - at least until an official fix is available.

I had the same problem. I had trouble finding the first file, so I searched the second one. Found it and counted 5 up. Changed them both and it worked. Thank you for posting this. Much appreciated.

Edited on 12/31/2015 at 2:26:13 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Trail of Time Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by knoelli on Dec 31, 15 6:54 AM
lplass89 wrote:Got past first crash at the gate using the code fix provided (thanks!) - however, there is a second crash once the witch appears in the clock makers home...even with restarting the game, the game continues to crash....

I had a look at the cause of the second crash as well and it seems to be similiar to the cave problem. Here's a fix for the crash at the clock makers home:

- go to the following folder: c:\Program Files\Ominous Objects - Trail of Time Collectors Edition\assets (or: c:\Program Files (x86)\Ominous Objects - Trail of Time Collectors Edition\assets if you are using a 64bit Windows)
- go to line 1592 which reads:<couple place="area_book_1" item="book_fake" current="book_1" check="false"/>
- change it to: <!-- <couple place="area_book_1" item="book_fake" current="book_1" check="false"/>
- go to line 1622 which reads: [i]<couple place="area_book_complete_5" item="book_inserted_5" current="book_fake" check="true"/>

- change it to: <couple place="area_book_complete_5" item="book_inserted_5" current="book_fake" check="true"/>-->
- copy the modified game.xml from your desktop back to your game folder (acknowledge the windows UAC prompt)

This will fix the crash at the bookshelf of the watchmakers office. As with the previous patch, the minigame itself is skipped but you can continue the game normally after that. My wife has now just finished the main game + the bonus chapter and she encountered no further crashes, so this seems to be the last required fix.

A note regarding my previous post: unfortunately the forum seems to have problems with cyrillic characters, therefore the line to search for is shown with many "?". For those of you who want to search for it, look for the following line: <minigame_books skip_time="60.0" items_count="5" awards_enabled="false" show_mg_reset="false">, this is the one just before line 1492 with the cyrillic/russian characters where the change is needed.

For your convenience, I've uploaded the modified game.xml with both fixes to my Microsoft OneDrive account. [Removed by Moderator].

Edited on 01/05/2016 at 1:23:30 PM PST

[Post New]by harnas766 on Dec 31, 15 9:45 AM
knoelli wrote:
lplass89 wrote:Got past first crash at the gate using the code fix provided (thanks!) - however, there is a second crash once the witch appears in the clock makers home...even with restarting the game, the game continues to crash....

I had a look at the cause of the second crash as well and it seems to be similiar to the cave problem. Here's a fix for the crash at the clock makers home:

Again it worked

Many thanks and

Happy New Year

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 31, 15 11:05 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the issues people are seeing in the game. I'm sorry to hear that the game has been crashing in different areas. While we appreciate knoelli taking the time to post some fixes, we don't recommend trying those sort of things, as doing so may inadvertently damage critical files in the game.

If a technical issue is persisting, we definitely recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report to pursue further troubleshooting. Any of our Reps will be happy to help, and have tools they can use to gather information on and report these sorts of issues.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

phoot10
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by phoot10 on Dec 31, 15 1:41 PM
Same problem as others, can't finish game, very frustrated with BF, lack of fixes, waste of time and money on CE.

bayley60
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by bayley60 on Dec 31, 15 7:20 PM
The HELP desk sent me a code for a free game, which is nice, but I really liked this game and just wish they would give us a fix in a timely manner. This is the same developer that I have had a previous problem with. I bought and downloaded Spirit of Revenge Elizabeth's Secret and was never able to play it. It seemed to download okay but would not open and kicked me out right away back to BF Games. Anyway, what happened to quality control? These sort of issues seem to be happening more frequently of late. Its just disappointing when the game seems to have all the things you like about a CE and then run into one problem after another. IMHO

[Post New]by Mrsboxcar on Jan 1, 16 8:59 AM
Can play this game all the way up to dungeon level. When you select the gated doors it blows you out and back to select game to play. I have re-loaded twice and feel I was robbed on this one. Will never know what happens in this game.

fencer12
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by fencer12 on Jan 1, 16 2:27 PM
knoelli wrote:

- go to line 1592 which reads:<couple place="area_book_1" item="book_fake" current="book_1" check="false"/>
- change it to: <!-- <couple place="area_book_1" item="book_fake" current="book_1" check="false"/>
- go to line 1622 which reads: [i]<couple place="area_book_complete_5" item="book_inserted_5" current="book_fake" check="true"/>

- change it to: <couple place="area_book_complete_5" item="book_inserted_5" current="book_fake" check="true"/>-->

This will fix the crash at the bookshelf of the watchmakers office. As with the previous patch, the minigame itself is skipped but you can continue the game normally after that. My wife has now just finished the main game + the bonus chapter and she encountered no further crashes, so this seems to be the last required fix.

A note regarding my previous post: unfortunately the forum seems to have problems with cyrillic characters, therefore the line to search for is shown with many "?". For those of you who want to search for it, look for the following line: <minigame_books skip_time="60.0" items_count="5" awards_enabled="false" show_mg_reset="false">, this is the one just before line 1492 with the cyrillic/russian characters where the change is needed.

For your convenience, I've uploaded the modified game.xml with both fixes to my Microsoft OneDrive account. [Removed by Moderator].

Edited on 01/05/2016 at 1:35:37 PM PST

fencer12
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by fencer12 on Jan 1, 16 2:29 PM
thanks for time and effort knoelli,fix got game up and running again.

[Post New]by Ndangered1 on Jan 1, 16 4:14 PM
Game has been playing great until I get to the cave and try to approach the gate I get sent back to game manager. PC with Windows 7

[Post New]by bobcat65 on Jan 2, 16 4:00 AM
Seems I am one of many with the same issue...getting kicked off the game back to game manager when I attempt to click on the bars at the back of the cave..

With this many complaints, you would think SOMEONE would respond with at least an "We are aware of the problem, and are attempting to find a fix for it", or something. HELP, PLEASE!!!

I am using Win7

redrose70
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by redrose70 on Jan 4, 16 11:17 AM
I brought this game and I can only play up to the Cave, then get kicked back to game manager. I play on a Toshiba Laptop with Windows Vista, with Win 7. I would really like a fix for this. I don't know how to do the computer fix that another Player suggested. Thank you for your time on this matter.

[Post New]by rudyrascal10 on Jan 4, 16 4:09 PM
Thank you for the second fix as well knoelli. It is truly apprecaited .

bezzer
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by bezzer on Jan 5, 16 4:14 AM
Is there still NO FIX for the gate in the cave? Seems until there is a fix the game has been a complete waste of money. Please please get it fixed have loved game up until this glitch.

[Post New]by Charlotte1950 on Jan 5, 16 7:38 AM
Game has been playing great until I get to the cave and try to approach the gate I get sent back to game manager. Playing Vista

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 5, 16 1:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the crashing issue that's people have been seeing in the cave. The team is aware of the problem people have been reporting in the forums and to our Support Team, and are working on a fix for the issue. If people are continuing to notice the issue, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps will be able to gather data on the problem and report what people are seeing.

The Forum Moderation Team completely understand wanting to look for a solution to this issue. However, please keep the Forum Rules in mind while posting. Specifically:

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

In order to keep the forums as secure as possible, outside links aren't allowed in posts. We appreciate your understanding.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 7, 16 5:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop by to let people know that an update has been released for the game that addresses the crashes people have been experiencing. After the update has been installed, people should be able to play without further issue. The update can be installed directly in the Big Fish Games App. The following help article has more information about getting updates properly installed:

Updating Your Game

If anyone comes across another crash or technical issue, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are more than happy to help.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jan 7, 16 11:08 PM
I downloaded the fix and now scene changes are in slower motion. Also froze up trying to get into the clock tower at the beginning of the game. Something came up on the screen but I could only see an outline with the timeclock cursor. I couldn't get out of the game with Ctr-Alt-Dlt either. I had to shut down my computer completely. At least last time I got to the gate that no one could get through. I will try again, I guess, nothing else I can do. If that doesn't work, I guess I do the uninstall, reinstall. Keep fingers crossed

EDIT: Went back into the game without uninstalling and it is working now. I have got past the cave Yippee!!. It is the zoom in scenes that are lagging.
I also forgot to mention when I started the game after the fix, I had lost my profile completely, but thank goodness it was not far into the game, and since it took so long for the fix, I had forgot what was going on anyway.

Edited on 01/08/2016 at 12:32:39 AM PST

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Jan 8, 16 9:05 PM
Installed the update & it erased all my progress-had to start with a new profile-seems a little extreme. Don't know if the problem in the cave is resolved as I have to take the time to get there again-not sure I'll take that time, Good luck. Win 7

rick2677
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rick2677 on Jan 12, 16 8:05 PM
I got to the clock tower by the rooftop and used the chisel on the wall but it did not give me the green stone I need for the small clock in my inventory and I tried using hint on every scene and it says I am done for now. I can not move on!

Go to: