Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Gardenscapes comments and reviews

[Post New]by Zobig on Nov 30, 09 8:58 AM
The game is relaxing to play but I wish there was away of making more money . It just takes to long to accumulate the amount you need to purchase an item for your garden. After you keep playing it gets boring no challenge . You go to the same rooms and you know where all the items are.
In order to accumulate your money for purchase you have to keep repeating going back to the rooms. The most you can earn even if you collect all the coins is about
$1100 for each time you play. It takes just to long to collect the money you need to
purchase an item for $8000 dollars and more as the price goes up for an item to completely restore your garden.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Dec 7, 09 8:05 AM
I've just played the demo and enjoyed it

This will definitely be on my list of games to buy....it will cheer me up on the long winter evenings.

I had just a little glitch when I clicked on the design button....and got a scroll of designs...but it wouldn't move and I couldn't exit anyhow...pressed everything to no avail, so i had to shut down the game via ctrl/alt/delete and start again (it restarted from where i had got to)

oh...I named my dog Digger

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Dec 7, 09 11:55 AM
Kath... Just click anywhere on screen and the 3 design boxes disappear. They are used IF you wish to change something you have already purchaed. For ex: you bought one of three choices for a bench and IF you wanted to change you hit design and make new choice.

[Post New]by lindylee on Dec 8, 09 11:27 AM
HELP LOVE THE GAME - the screen goes all lines and little digital boxes!!! do i need to download something - upgrade - help!!!

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Jan 7, 10 1:39 PM
Is there anyway to stop the butler from trying to give me tutorials? He always does it when I'm busy doing something.

[Post New]by Rain_123 on Feb 6, 10 12:07 PM
CUTE>>>CUTE>>>>CUTE... This is the first post I have ever done on the games, I have played many of them, some good some not so good but I love this one, I played it 2 times so far, 1 on relaxed mode then again on timed mode, changed my Garden several times...I actually have recommened this game to many.If you are just thinking about buying it my opinion is to just do it!!!!!!!

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Feb 18, 10 8:39 PM
Dorotha, if nobody got back to you on your question, you can turn the tips off in the Options.

I love this game, it's a winner. I noticed, reading this thread, that many were wondering about the cat...actually, there is more than one cat, and they show up to be sold randomly. I think they were added more as a comic twist.

The neat thing about this game is that it's so light-hearted. Like some others who post on these forums, I have several games going on my desktop at the same time, and I switch back and forth between them day to day, or morning to afternoon, depending on how I feel. I'm not one who pushes to finish a game quickly, I'd rather get comfortable and just enjoy myself with it, and I often like the large file games for this reason. But the shorter ones serve a big purpose too, because, as someone said early in this thread, what with the doom and gloom of those eerie, creepy HOG's we all love, it's nice to be able to lift that somber feeling every now and then with something light and fun and still challenging. In this game, I especially like the fact that the developers let us continue the game if we choose to, after reaching the goal. The music, the game-play, the butler, the dog, the butterflies and the swan...and the variety, the bright colors, and the upbeat attitude, along with the neatly interwoven reasons for doing the things we're doing in the game...and then being given even more game if we want it, to me, this makes it nearly perfect. The one thing I would BEG of the developers...please, please, give us more rooms.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Feb 26, 10 8:56 PM
I love this game! Its alot of fun, I wish there were more buying options but I love the hidden object and designing garden, story line extras and butler are cute! Played the demo and will purchase this one

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Mar 3, 10 12:17 PM
You know, even if they wanted to create 'add-on' packets - another challenge to tackle, a new contest, emergency house repairs, whatever...I'd buy it. I don't even know if this kind of thing can be done in casual games, like they do with the larger games out there, but I just hated to leave this game. And after reaching the goal three times, there really isn't too much left, is there, lol. I miss it, tho. I loved this one.

jojo1940
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jojo1940 on Mar 12, 10 11:32 AM
I love this game and would like to see more like it. Very entertaining. I have played both modes and like the relaxed mode the best. Great jog on this game.

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Mar 13, 10 8:56 PM
Last night I tried Gardenscapes, because I read so many enthusiastic comments about this game. I was thoroughly disappointed. I thought the buttler would talk, but no sound from him, i just heard the music. Secondly I did not like it that ALL the items were $20. It would have been much better if the items were priced from $5 to $500. As a hidden object game i found it nothing special. I bought "Forgotten Riddles Moonlight Sonata" and that was something different, which I like. I also much prefer the Wizzards Pen. My preferred ordinary HOG are the "Big City Adventures" and "Mystery PI".
Jeanne M.

SyberGypsy
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by SyberGypsy on Mar 13, 10 9:17 PM
I really love this one its one of my "comfort" games one I just put on to relax and have fun.

sirhc56
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sirhc56 on Mar 14, 10 8:25 PM
I loved this game! Longest time I've spent on one game in a long time..kept going on to purchase every item and then changed them back and forth.! I agree with the others that additional items/choices were the only things I would have liked to have seen more of. PLEASE tell me that a Gardenscapes 2 is coming out soon!!!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 19, 10 10:06 AM
An upbeat and cheery game.

No distracting puzzle minigames.

Haven't gotten to the end yet, so don't know yet if I will feel it is too short, but hard to stop playing and easy to smile with.

halfadime7
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by halfadime7 on Mar 19, 10 2:44 PM
Fish Pond friends......

does anyone know how many coins are available in each jumble? I always look for them first, but i don't want to miss any and i'm not sure how many are there to begin with. I love this game and really enjoy that the items are moved each time you go hunting for them. Just need to know how many coins there are in each jumble. Please let me know, as i've looked everywhere for the answer. thanks so much fishies

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 26, 10 3:41 PM
D'oh! Finished the demo already!

halfadime, I found 4 coins per level, though sometimes they are hidden behind other objects, and you can't see them right away.

I really didn't think I was going to like this game. The idea of a "Jumble Sale" type HOG didn't appeal, but is somehow relaxing.

Use money from Hidden Object scenes to restore formal garden. Look for FOUR bonuses in rooms: Gold coins (extra money), ?'s (extra hints), cameras (will show you 5 items in the room that you need to find, just for a few seconds) and thermometers (which show you if you're "hot" or "cold" finding objects). Saved hints = extra $$ for garden.

Very fun game, from genki

Edited on 03/26/2010 at 3:41:46 PM PST

[Post New]by Katiiiii on Mar 27, 10 3:19 AM
I've tried to download this game, it downloads alright, when I go to play it the 'loading' thingie goes about seven eigths of the way, then disappears and I go back to the main page, keeps doing it, driving me insane.
Katiiiii

rosieroo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosieroo on Mar 31, 10 3:53 AM
Bought it finally and just love it . It has purpose to it ,creating a garden of your choice. Love the interaction with the dog and birds.
Would like to see similar games created .

[Post New]by Katiiiii on Apr 1, 10 7:30 AM
boohoo, I've tried to download this game, first time it was successful, I played the hour trial even though I couldn't see a lot of the object because of the munted graphics, must be because I've only got 512k of ram. Then again DR Felix reckons I've only got 480, don't know how that happened, there are so many games I would love to play, I'll just have to save up the $70 (New Zealand dollars) for another 500 megs of ram. But it is actually a really happy game, without being too childish.

Hope developers do more of these, I love Bigfish games yeay!

[Post New]by Pandapuss on Apr 9, 10 12:13 PM
]I also love this game and we do need more like them and just because it isn't all blood and guts no one usually would want to buy it. But the first time I saw it I knew I had to buy this one and then I searched the stores without let up and never did find it and then was told that I would not find it in stores that I would have to buy it from the internet. That did not make me happy because I had heard so many things about buying on the internet, so I went to a store and bought a Visa card and that is how I got my game. They were very helpful in doing so.
Thank you bigfish for such great service.
Pandapuss

Go to: