[Post New]by bootsie21 on Nov 26, 09 11:27 PM
No problems at all for me. so far

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove CE Technical Issues

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Nov 27, 09 1:27 AM
govegril wrote:At near end of game- access violation. On restarting game a message that profile is corrupt and the profile deleted.

I was able to play the game all the way through (about 8 and 1/2 hours), roughly four sessions.
I started a new game under the same profile and when I closed the game to shut down my computer, received the 'access violation' message. I don't remember exactly where I was, tho.

When I restarted the game, it told me the profile was corrupt, etc. I started over again and completed the game a second time.
I went to the opening screen and clicked on the menu to see high scores and that's when I got the second 'access violation'.

I will send a message into BFG CS so that they can track the system and stuff.

I only have the game manager and the game open. I play on a HP Pavilion zd8000 laptop running WindowsXP.

Keep up the great work BFG!

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Nov 27, 09 4:01 AM
After reading about the technical issues, I was a little hesitant to buy but I just couldn't wait any longer and had to treat myself (particularly after cooking all day and killing my back....ugh ) Anyhow, the game was going great until I reached the point I had to remove the lock at the museum with the bolt cutters....as soon as I did that I got the dreaded black screen. Luckily, I did not get the access violation as others have. I decided to immediately restart my computer and start the game up with my fingers crossed. Lo and behold my game was saved right at that very point. I continued on and had the same exact thing happen when I put the soap powder in the washing machine, much later in the game. I restarted and was able to continue on and finish the game.
My suggestion to those who are getting the windows not responding issue, try the restart and see if that helps to not lose all of your progress. Who knows maybe it will work for you. Good luck all....Happy Gaming . I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

[Post New]by cathadhaka on Nov 27, 09 4:16 AM
Got the same problem, when I try to get out Alison's room through the window. Got the "profile deleted" too.
After a third try, I decided to unistall the game.
It takes me over 10 hours to download it here... will try again later!

I may end up buying the normal copy when it comes out... if I read here that the problem is solved!

Great game indeed... but this is very frustrating!
I'm on vista, and have no intention to unistall anything. All my other BFG work fine. Developper got to check and address the problem!

Edited on 11/27/2009 at 4:18:45 AM PST

peggier
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by peggier on Nov 27, 09 4:26 AM
wenegade wrote:I can't even get the game installed. It loads until it gets to the activating part and then it just sits there saying "waiting" for activation. Any ideas?

Hi wenegade. I've had that happen sometimes, including dl of MCF DG. I just close and reopen the Game Manager .. game is there and working. Hope this works for you

barbyhart1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by barbyhart1 on Nov 27, 09 7:04 AM
Same issue here, and not very happy. Tried the fix they had on the page, no help. When you pay this much for a game, you expect it to work at designed. I now do not want to play from the beginning again. It ruined the game (and 20 bucks) for me. An expensive lesson I guess

Willowtrees wrote:
bfgErie wrote:I'm sorry to hear folks are getting an access violation in the game. Can you describe where exactly the error occurred for you? Perhaps there is some trigger in the game that is causing this problem.

Regardless, the best bet would be to contact our support department. If there is a problem with the game, they can identify what computer configurations may be causing this problem and work with the programmers to get it corrected.

I got the same error " not loading my profile" It happened some time after the runes puzzle. Oh boy, this is a bummer since I was so far into the game. I too am scared to start all over just for this to happen again. Otherwise, great game was really enjoying it. Well worth the money.

[Post New]by JessnBob on Nov 27, 09 7:50 AM
Why won't the site let me purchase the game. I would love to partake in this members exclusive but when I click on the "get it now" it just sends me back to the screen that keeps telling me to update my info to which I have done and re-done several times in the last hour just trying to get something to change. Would someone please help?

Edited on 11/27/2009 at 8:30:49 AM PST

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Nov 27, 09 8:52 AM
bfgErie wrote:Hi galotter,

I'm sorry you're not able to find that cigar. Because the list of items are randomized, I never had that item on my list when I played. Although, I have to admit I haven't gotten all the way through the game yet. Perhaps you might want to try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game again to see if that helps.

bfgErie

Thanks Erie, I went back in this morning, and for some reason I could click on a cylinder that I swear wasn't there yesterday. So probably another User error feature :-}

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 27, 09 10:14 AM
Okay . . . I created a new profile, and I have passed where I was when I got the corrupt profile message. However, I am noticing that at this point my system is getting very sluggish. I checked my inventory at the bottom and there were several items I realize that I have been able to use elsewhere -- so I've been running pell mell everywhere using up the inventory items I can.

I was wondering -- if maybe lugging around all that stuff without closing out certain bits and bobs might be the reason for the errors. In that it uses up RAM and I'm sure that can't be good.

Just a random thought -- don't worry, it will pass!!!

Jules

kamenye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by kamenye on Nov 27, 09 11:09 AM
I seem to have found a new problem on mine...have played it thru twice with no trouble but started the 3rd time and both my sons have started playing it on their own profiles and now it's on full screen but have a black box all the way around the game. Hope someone knows a fix because nothing I've done worked.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Nov 27, 09 11:16 AM
I only have a blurred image of the sea salt in my inventory. I need it to complete the game. Where did it go and can I get it back without starting over. Anyone, anyone, please????????????

[Post New]by dippingrob on Nov 27, 09 11:18 AM
i am still trying to figure out how to buy the damm thing it ask me to update my billing info but it still the same still nothing whats up with that? guess i have to wait till december to get here

[Post New]by mephastophalina on Nov 27, 09 11:25 AM
So. I was in the tomb, working the puzzles on the little altar things...finished the first one and moved to the second...at which point the game crashed. Okay. So I go back in & the window that popped up on the screen says "This profile has been corrupted. The profile will not be loaded."

And now I'm at the very beginning like I haven't been playing for 2 days straight. I must say, "frustrated" does not BEGIN to describe the way I am currently feeling.

Reading back, I see this is happening to a number of people. This is disappointing, considering that we have paid more for this game than generally is paid to have the special edition early. I have a desktop PC & am running Windows XP. I successfully run much, much larger games than this (i.e. World of Warcraft) and have never had an issue such as this. I am taking a break & will keep my eye on these forums...I will be sorely disappointed in BFG if this issue does not have a direct solution in the near future.

Edited on 11/27/2009 at 11:30:46 AM PST

margatonian
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by margatonian on Nov 27, 09 11:38 AM
dippingrob wrote:i am still trying to figure out how to buy the damm thing it ask me to update my billing info but it still the same still nothing whats up with that? guess i have to wait till december to get here

I don't know if this will help but when I first joined BF my credit card was not compatible as any over seas purchase had to be over $10 I had to use my debit card

sissylu419
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sissylu419 on Nov 27, 09 11:38 AM
After 7 plus hours of play, the same thing happened to me. Game crashed and when I opened again, profile was corrupt. Today I've started over, but am unsure what will happen as I progress. I did all the updates suggested, but game still crashing. I'm scared to go back in for fear I will have to start over, although it's much easier the second time around. Maybe the third time around will be the charm! Let's hope!

Edited on 11/27/2009 at 11:40:13 AM PST

dpanrell
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by dpanrell on Nov 27, 09 11:39 AM
My game also crashed with error message and corrupt profile. I was in ch. 7 @ Celtic Ruins. I finished the Standing Stone Puzzle, went into tunnel, it said I needed ladder @ farmhouse and when I exited the tunnel ... crash, boom, bang. I started game again , my profile was corrupted and gone.

I was almost done.... all the hours and much needed brain cells gone !!!

[Post New]by higgenbottom on Nov 27, 09 11:59 AM
dpanrell wrote:My game also crashed with error message and corrupt profile. I was in ch. 7 @ Celtic Ruins. I finished the Standing Stone Puzzle, went into tunnel, it said I needed ladder @ farmhouse and when I exited the tunnel ... crash, boom, bang. I started game again , my profile was corrupted and gone.

I was almost done.... all the hours and much needed brain cells gone !!!

I also got the same access violation. Really frustrating. I made sure all my updates were done and rebooted, but the game gives me the corrupted profile message. Pretty much wasted 4 hours of playing.

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Nov 27, 09 12:11 PM
I tried over and over to get the head off of the rabbit statue but it did not work. It acted as though I was incorrect in hitting it with the hammer. Is this a technical problem?

[Post New]by ihailu on Nov 27, 09 12:18 PM
I too got the access violation message. It occurred just as I was about to fix the generator. After 5+ hours of time put into the game I haven't yet got the heart to try again.

KTCamper
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by KTCamper on Nov 27, 09 12:29 PM
dippingrob wrote:i am still trying to figure out how to buy the damm thing it ask me to update my billing info but it still the same still nothing whats up with that? guess i have to wait till december to get here
I had that happen too, and what finally fixed it was:

1-updating profile info through IE and saving it.

2-while IE is still open to my profile page, open up Firefox.

3-Immediately clear all internet history in Firefox

4-Purchase game through Firefox (since that "need to update" warning is gone)!

Go to: