WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on Jan 20, 16 8:24 AM
glb613 wrote:
I have El Capitan and I haven't had a single games fail to run properly. It can't be just the operating system.

On my former iMac I had a graphics card which caused problems with some games.

I'm not a techie, I don't know anything about programming. Still I dare to ask this question: Could it be the BFG Games Manager that causes problems?
It's been turned into an advertisement platform with pop ups, notifications and more stuff.
Just a thought.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jabber6 on Jan 20, 16 12:13 PM
Am in agreement with post from dary33981, Jan. 18 about trying to access this game with Windows 10 on my new PC. Other games, no problems. I used to get just a blank screen but after performing suggested fixes, now I just get message 'access violation at 0x5260864D tried to write to 0x000A0FE8.' Also why would Tech Support suggest compatibility change to Windows XP (service pack 3) which is three Windows versions ago.

[Post New]by frenchysandi on Jan 20, 16 1:53 PM
I got a message "an error occurred while initializing the game. please update your graphics driver and try again" what do I do have reinstalled and still same message !

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 20, 16 3:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the issues that have been coming up in the game.

I'm sorry to hear people have been encountering technical problems, and I understand that there are questions about an update for this game. Because there are so many different variables that go into creating game updates, the Forum Moderation Team doesn’t receive advanced information on them. However, as soon as we receive that info we'll make sure post on the forums so there isn’t a delay in letter players know. We greatly appreciate everyone taking the time to post about these issues here, and the Moderation Team is making sure to pass along these posts to the developer.

If issues are coming up and anyone would like to try troubleshooting steps, our help articles are a good resource. I suggest taking a look at the steps in the following help articles to address the issues that have been occurring:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Mac Game Troubleshooting
Windows 10

The best thing to do when there’s a technical problem in a game is to reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Doing this helps us gather data on and report problems, and our Reps can provide a variety of troubleshooting steps to help.

The Forum Moderation Team absolutely understands the frustration when a game isn't functioning properly. However, please keep the Forum Rules in mind while posting. Specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

And:

Keep private matters private. Do not repost or discuss any private messages or emails you receive from other forum users, moderators, or Customer Support. Protect the privacy of other forum users by keeping real names and emails out of public posts.

And:

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 20, 16 3:24 PM
Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If there are any questions, please feel free to PM a Moderator.

bfgPanthalassa (Bigfish)

CCV71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by CCV71 on Jan 20, 16 7:35 PM
I am another customer frustrated with the key disappearing in the Bonus game. I played it twice thinking I did something wrong. Same result each time. No problems up to that point. I am playing on Windows 10.

noirangel
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by noirangel on Jan 21, 16 5:58 AM
I also have just about completed the bonus round when the key to the plane just poofed away. It won't let me finish, and the key has vanished. Bummer. Besides this major foobar, the game was great. But i would like to finish it.

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Jan 22, 16 12:26 AM
When I get just to the end of the game, the key to the airplane to rescue the little girl, disappears... I know there are many and many and many of us having the same problem... I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit

[Post New]by firehorse3 on Jan 22, 16 9:12 AM
Game is not displaying graphics only audio. PC Windows 10.

[Post New]by Rubyflash61 on Jan 22, 16 10:06 AM
I am running Win 10 and I get sound, but no picture. I've tried all the help stuff - Now What???

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by phowes76 on Jan 22, 16 12:53 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.
I am stuck at the barn fire. I am unable to move to the right side of the screen with the fire hose!! Please help me!! I took it off the full screen, that did not help!! I am using windows 10

[Post New]by blkjklover on Jan 22, 16 12:59 PM
I am on the Bonus Chapter at the very end at the airplane. I had the key before Roby grabbed Omni's hand. Now the key is no where to be found and I cannot go or do anything. Hint shows to unlock the plane door but I cannot without a key.

Can you help me please?

[Post New]by jojoTX on Jan 22, 16 1:18 PM
Playing CE on Mac. Bonus Chapter, last scene. Put key in airplane lock. Key disappeared, lock didn't open. Stuck. Same as previous post from another user. Any patch issued yet?

Edited on 01/22/2016 at 1:18:59 PM PST

[Post New]by lbrandon114 on Jan 22, 16 2:27 PM
downloaded to try the game and when I did, the screen was black and there was sound. So how can you try a game if it doesn't work?

mildrod
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by mildrod on Jan 23, 16 12:03 PM
Ryvon wrote:I also am having trouble with the key. Had it to insert and it disappeared from the screen. Cannot move any further.

Same thing happened to me.

[Post New]by sapphireblue11 on Jan 23, 16 2:30 PM
I'm just wrapping up the Bonus Game and I can't complete the game or unlock the extras that come with purchasing a CE. I had the same problem of not being able to unlock the plane door as well. The key disappeared and left me hanging. This is a bummer! I tried the compatibility solution, still a no-go. I have Windows 10. I refuse to play this game over and see if I get different results. Can I get a game credit for all this trouble?

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jan 23, 16 6:09 PM
Well, add me to the key problem/glitch .......AND I'd been very careful to go first to the airplane, see the little girl & try to open the door. After the last H0S & movie-scene with Rob, I returned to the airplane, clicked on the key that was in my inventory to carry it across to the lock but as soon as the key got to the lock it disappeared. I tried clicking around the scene & used the 'hint' with no success. So then I closed & reopened the game - I was hoping the key might reappear but no luck.

This is SO annoying! I was really enjoying the game to that point. I don't feel like replaying the whole game again so I'll contact CS to inform them of the glitch.

I urge all the people who are having problems to contact CS otherwise they won't know how many people are encountering difficulties.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Jan 23, 16 6:13 PM
having trouble starting the game. Keeps saying my graphic drivers are outdated. all drivers are updated and it still says the same thing.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jan 25, 16 3:00 AM
MonsterHound07 wrote:I finished the main game and was all the way through the bonus game, to the point of saving my daughter from the plane. I went to put the key in the airplane door, but the key disappeared. The hint says there is nothing to do in that scene. I can't finish the game without the key. This is very frustrating to be so close and have the game glitch at the very end.

Me too

[Post New]by movielover123 on Jan 25, 16 9:24 AM
can't get the fire out at the barn wont go all the way to the right

Go to: