Senior Citizens sign in!!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 21, 16 10:29 PM
Wow! A bikini in our midst? Did you get through NO 16? I went back and had a look at it, I hadn't done the master builder level but i got through it first try but he'd to use a left over shovel to clear the bottom of the row of souvenirs I had matched everything else and all of a sudden the points went way over the required amount so good luck!

ChicJ
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by ChicJ on Mar 22, 16 4:44 AM
I was looking for help with Paris and saw the comment "Senior citizens sign in"!
I am 65 and I love being old, it is good to still be on the green side of the grass. Since I found Gummy Drop it became my bucket list top priority to travel the world and complete the game. May the one you believe in and Lady Luck smile upon all of you.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Mar 22, 16 7:02 AM
Welcome Chic. I find myself almost addicted to Gummy Drop. The good news, since I am slightly further along than most who post here, is that while St. Petersburg was fairly easy, Mexico is even easier!! It is a reminder of the early days of Sydney and Tokyo in that levels can be finished without the need for boosts. All monuments can be won simply and it is possible to obtain the ten items needed to get the rewards necessary to build the monument. Have fun.

[Post New]by nieman38 on Mar 22, 16 8:11 AM
I have been playing this game for over a year and love the challenges. But having problem with "Facebook" wanting to download when I play. Not on Facebook. Don't want to be. I posted this on tech line but no answer as to how to stop facebook from interrupting my game play to download. I am 77.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 24, 16 3:22 PM
Thank goodness St Petersburg is supposed to be easier than earlier cities! I just completed Rio just finalising my resources to build the final monument but having to find 3.18 Browns, and 2.65 blues and pinks let alone 75 greens takes a bit of organising and coins!! I think the cities from LA through to Rio have all been really difficult, it's as if the developers kept thinking along the lines of we have to make it harder instead of making it more interesting so I''m ready for a rest - a real holiday!

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 25, 16 12:30 AM
Droppie47 wrote:Hello marie1931,

I'm Droppie47, welcome!

I noticed you are playing in different cities while you have iPhone and iPad?

The game can be synchronized When you play on the iphone and ipad, you have to log in to FB or Big Fish account.

I am from Te Netherlands

----------------------------------------------------
Je remarquai que vous jouez dans différentes villes alors que vous avez iPhone et iPad?

le jeu peut être synchronisé Lorsque vous jouez sur l'iphone et ipad, vous devez vous connecter pour FB ou Big Fish compte.

Je suis des Pays-Bas

Hi Droppie47
Thanks a lot for the info
I'm not in FB (and don't want to go in )
Regarding being synchronized, I prefer not because I like to play in different way in a same game in different environment. I want to know if I'm patient enough to finish a city before going to the next one
Thanks for writing in French as well.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 26, 16 12:04 PM
Snowman -thought you said St P was easier - asking for 35 greens for the first monument after I just had to use 75 of them to get out of Rio isn't on!! And the mission to get these greens has 2 impossible levels.... I wnna go home...

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Mar 27, 16 8:27 AM
Hey bird!! It is easy and I am now on to Capetown, right thru Mexico. I am not that great a player, but I did learn a technique in St.P. and use it all the time. Since the levels are much easier, it is possible to earn more coins at a greater clip. I then use those coins to buy boosts (only the 5-extra moves and the shovels). I only use those boosts when I can see that I will win by using them and winning will complete a level, ie. get one of the ten necessary items. But using the boosts gets more coins too.

Boosts are an essential part of the game and you can win enough coins to justify their use. In one or two levels with color blockers, the use of the shovel in the first move is essential if you are to pass the level as there is never enough of the right colors, but the color blocker can be blown up. Using the shovel makes the level very simple.

Good luck.

Edited on 03/27/2016 at 8:30:20 AM PST

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Mar 27, 16 11:18 AM
Snow, let me get this ...earn MORE coins by a. Buying shovels, +5 only....and use them ONLY IF you can win. (Good plan-regardless) winning nets you those needed items, thus do more levels, also some boost are cheaper in groups 5more& saves in long run... But 60 coins is max u can garner.. Are you saying you "earn" more by accomplishing and finishing more...? (I understand using shovel on 1st color blocker move to complete level ) I need all the HELP I can muster up! Lol..squeaking by... I am enjoying Barcelona (Not as much as AMSTDM) I think my game is HEXED...never a breeze like other (or I'm a dunce)!
Another note: my drill now requires only BRICKS! (cuss/yell-yell) over 129,000 & more in every city! See my other post for this! Gonna drain my brick yard if this is correct!!

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Mar 27, 16 1:07 PM
Yikes!!!! My green drill still seems normal. Maybe I better not do an update. Did this happen after you updated with the new city (can't remember which one)?

60 coins is the most you can get, but it is easier to finish all levels and side streams.
Several times I have just stopped playing with lives left......I do other things besides play gummy all day (but not much.....like drink martinis, sit in front of the wood stove and read. I do go to the gym 5 mornings a week.)

Edited on 03/27/2016 at 1:11:49 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 27, 16 2:35 PM
Yes, my drill is only wanting bricks and in excess of 120,000 each time. Only started when I start St P so maybe it is in the update with the new city? I have added my 2 cents worth to Neena's post so maybe someone wil tell us why? Maybe to stop us using Rome 87? I have been using Barcelona 106-2 for the bricks I needed so now I have millions of blues there and the bricks keep being used up. I don't play all day either but I don't go to the gym - there isn't one in our small town unless you want to do boxing! Don't drink martinis either but am partial to a good wine or even a really good scotch whisky,

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Mar 27, 16 5:36 PM
I can't get around doing an update....my game won't load, stops with a mssgs ...Game is out of date, must use update ie: MANDITORY! In a lockdown mode, errr I might rush in and make oodles of gems! Is play inhibited and controlled by means of manipulating resources?... Weeks ago I noted bricks were dissappearing from my accumulated coffer amounts! "FTP" means until you acclimate & thrive, progress.
I don't regularly do anything, my routine changes like the wind! I don't play by no means 24-7, probably pick it up every other day....seems like players are rare and getting more rare! Note to PTB: no players=no sales.
Since my last yrs hospitalization, I have "muddied" thinking... I want to get others "techniques" correct and utilize them to fullest capacity! If ever my tongue in cheek humor is mistaken...I mean nothing personal to any player.. I enjoy my crew and would hate to leave but seems like perhaps PTB insist upon doing away with the "Gummy Grays" and it's a bit€h!
But I'm not in this for the unwinible element.. this ole' chic will make tracks...
( ETA the new quantiles of bricks needed is outrageous and other players confirm there has been a change made.... This is huge.. Need to ck it out)

Edited on 03/28/2016 at 4:00:06 PM PST

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Mar 30, 16 5:59 PM
Sadly, Snowman, I concur with T-bird's Mar. 26 post: St. Pete is anything but "easy." You might be a more skilled player than you know! I'm on level 60 but it's taken me weeks and weeks to get here. I've encountered levels so difficult they rival the worst in NO and LA. And don't even get me started on the Helping Hands that are impossible to complete without buying boosts and extra moves.

On the upside, while I was foraging for coins in previous cities, I discovered I'd finished only six of 10 levels in Berlin that would have awarded me 1000 coins. Wow, was it ever fun to play those four levels and collect a cool grand!

Onwards and upwards, friends.

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Mar 30, 16 6:29 PM
P.S. Oh no you don't, Neena. You never, ever get to abandon your friends on this thread. Your humor is a gift, and I for one will come looking for you if you ever stop posting.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 31, 16 12:12 PM
Hi Cat - missed you lately but I can understand if you are fighting with St P I am on level 40 and because I am reluctant to pay big coins for the helping hands I am shipping but that takes time! For the first time for ages I have been having to complete the missions on each level and that has slowed progress and that added to the change in resources needed to drill for gems has made life more difficult. Neena you are NOTallowed to leave us elder citizens - we need that lighter touch!! Now off to have coffee to get me wound up - might go to Berlin and try for that lot of coins Cat I'm pretty sure I haven't done that one. Ciao!

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Mar 31, 16 4:55 PM
Thanx "capedcat". Went back to Berlin and got 1,000 coins; cost me 200 coins for shovels, but netted what was needed to "buy" green gems to build monument in L.A. (Not a fun city). While in Berlin played additional levels to get 300 greenies by collecting some ties. I have been going back to prior cities to earn coins, bricks, etc., but really didn't like Berlin so avoided. When frustrated I "fly" to future cities to visit. Amsterdam is a blast, and relaxing. Also visited Havana, and am dreading that level.
Keep on keeping on.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Apr 1, 16 6:20 AM
Did you guys get the new boost that completes all levels in your City and moves you to the next City? It came with the latest update and is called the "Gummy Bomb".

Happy April Fools Day in the U.S.

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Apr 1, 16 3:31 PM
Glad you discovered that same trove of 1000 coins in Berlin, Kailua.

Snowman, kindly give me your street address. I need to deliver a gift to you personally.

T-bird, hang in there. We're in St. Pete together, my friend. Plus, Snowman will wake up tomorrow with a horse head in his bed

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 3, 16 1:58 PM
Sssssh - has he received it yet? Perhaps the Snowman is a verrrry sound sleeper or is he just foxing and sneaking further away for us in the dastardly game while wake snowbound in S P??

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Apr 3, 16 4:25 PM
Hahaha, T-bird! Let us not awaken the snowman. No telling what prank he'll pull next. I totally fell for the whole "St. P is easygoing" gig, and then fell for his April Fool joke about a new boost until I read he was joking, that weasel!

And, my dear, St. P gets worse, much worse, in levels 90-120. Plan on gathering as many coins and green gems as you can before you approach. That's what I'm doing if it's any help. ?

Go to: