Valentine's Event 2016

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Valentine's Event 2016

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 19, 16 4:46 AM
Here I was thinking the envelopes were for sending the catering bills, gloves for all the heavy lifting of equipment and food containers in and out of venues, and glue for putting together the platforms for the display of food. Can you tell I worked as a caterer in a recent past life (about 20 years ago)?

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 19, 16 2:09 PM
February 20th 09:05

DAY 10:- LIMITED TIME QUEST.

Fatima:- This will have to be our last excavation for now - after that, we should concentrate on the charity ball.

Get Heart Banners for PawPaw Grove. I already had these so quest ticked.

Find the Love Letter in a Clay Tablet. This is on the yacht and is a timed quests.

Fatima:- I'll miss the sea air but it's time to get back to business.

19/29 quests ticked. 6 days left.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 20, 16 12:30 PM
FEB 21ST 07:30

DAY 11 LIMITED TIME ONLY

FATIMA:- We need to viist the venue and make sure everything is in order.

Go to the restaurant garden

Give 2 Hammers

Give 2 Lures

Ticked 20/29 quests

That was it for today

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 21, 16 1:00 PM
Feb 22 7:52 AM

Day 12

FATIMA:- We should see how the tables are going to be set for dinner.

Find a tassel for the curtains. - Found at Captain Matthew's

Check out the table settings in the restaurant.

Everything is perfect 21/29 quests.

QUEST 2

Gosh, I'm all sorts of stressed out. I could use a snack. Let's look for sweets.

Find a box of chocolates. My game would not let me check next quest so I only got one of these boxes.

Perfect, now that I have a box of chocolates, I'm ready to face the day again

Quest 22/29

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 22, 16 2:58 PM
FEB 23rd 09:56 am

DAY 13

FATIMA:- The owner of this place told me I can't go into the kitchen without an apron. Let's find one.

Find the apron to gain access to the kitchen. Found in Montana

Enter the Kitchen.

That place was neat and all.... but you know me. I can't cook to save my life.

That was it for today

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 23, 16 3:28 AM
I am going to try to forego the buying the energy increasing food purchases on tomorrow's quest on the game I am going to restart (waste of gold if I am going to lose the energy gain) and would be interested in what experience those also skipping it have with that quest.

I tried to skip buying decorations on an earlier quest but there it was the next day (totality unexpected) and had to be completed to get the next quest. So let me know if you do the same. Thanks!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 23, 16 7:30 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:

I tried to skip buying decorations on an earlier quest but there it was the next day (totality unexpected) and had to be completed to get the next quest. So let me know if you do the same. Thanks!

That's what was happening to people during the Pirate Day event, not that it really mattered regarding achievements since it was an all or nothing deal.

Did you get credit for the quest towards the achievements even though you finished it after time expired?

Suz57
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Suz57 on Feb 23, 16 12:01 PM
I did:
Feb 23, 2016
Valentine Event 2016
Day 13
Find the apron in Montana to open the kitchen in Maine.

I'm concerned about the number of quests I have left to do. My event time tells me I have approx. 3 days and 12 hours left. Ignoring the 12 hours since I have no more Valentine quests for the 23rd, I have 6 quests left (23/29). I believe I've done all the quest so far but I'm not 100% sure at this point.

Does everyone have the same count, 6 quests to do in 3 more days??

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 23, 16 12:06 PM
FEB 24TH 07:05

DAY 14

Buy an Orange Sherbet

Buy a Cheesecake

Buy a Vanilla Milkshake

These were already ticked as I had done them last year.

QUESTS DONE 24/29. This included the quest for the collectibles.

Still 5 quests to do and 2 days left.

Suz57
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Suz57 on Feb 23, 16 12:21 PM
Thanks AnnaDownes01 for the quest count and days left. I'm glad to know I'm on track.

I really do not like it when the quests want you to buy food. I want to choose what to spend my coin and gold on.

Orange Sherbet = 18 gold
Ice Cream Cheesecake = 24 gold
Vanilla Milkshake = 12 gold

A total of 54 gold bars? YIKES!! It would be nice if the quests would take what's already in your inventory. Harrumph!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 23, 16 5:11 PM
Guess what? I just logged in for the first time in the long time.. wanted to check out V-Day..

Quest #1 (Mrs. Argus.. visit OH) popped up for me.. I'm going to try it and see if it lets me play them all..

I'll report back.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Feb 23, 16 5:42 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
OddlyEnuh wrote:

That's what was happening to people during the Pirate Day event, not that it really mattered regarding achievements since it was an all or nothing deal.

Did you get credit for the quest towards the achievements even though you finished it after time expired?

If I remember my game, and maybe others, during Pirate's Day the quests that carried over the next day also renewed the time limit. I was behind for three days but eventually completed each quest and caught up to the current day.

So Good Luck Oddly and Chestnut...let us know how it works out!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 23, 16 6:08 PM
Wow! I was able to play day 1 to day 13. Not sure where you guys are.. but I played up to opening the kitchen on the boat by finding the apron. I had it opened already so it automatically checked it as done.

I received all the rewards.. I'm at 23 of 29 quests complete.

I think I'll try this again for Spring.. it was kinda fun to play it all in one evening. Granted I wasn't trying to put together collections. so I didn't replay any scenes. But it reminded me of when the game had lots of quests to keep us busy..

Miss those days.. oh memories.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 23, 16 6:20 PM
Daggumit! Guess there is no reason to try and skip it. I thought that might be the case. I still want the last collectible - played ahead on the collections. Well, thanks for the input.

CH, you are current to the total.

Edited on 02/23/2016 at 6:21:55 PM PST

Re:Valentine's Event 2016 5 quests in 2 days to go

[Post New]by SorryCharlie on Feb 24, 16 5:00 AM
Thanks for your post. I thought I might have missed one. I am right there with you.

Re:
AnnaDownes01 wrote:FEB 24TH 07:05

DAY 14

Buy an Orange Sherbet

Buy a Cheesecake

Buy a Vanilla Milkshake

These were already ticked as I had done them last year.

QUESTS DONE 24/29. This included the quest for the collectibles.

Still 5 quests to do and 2 days left.

Edited on 02/24/2016 at 5:02:16 AM PST

List4Art
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by List4Art on Feb 24, 16 5:33 AM
The quests are numbered on the first page; easy enough to figure out if one has all presented so far.

[Post New]by Bluebird67 on Feb 24, 16 7:36 AM
Quick question. Off topic, sorry. I'm working on the AES Buildings. After I finish them, is there anything else left to do other than Oden's Quests? Hope everyone is feeling better! Thanks Anna for keeping us up to date on the V Day Quests! Big help, especially for us first timers!

[Post New]by Bluebird67 on Feb 24, 16 7:36 AM
Quick question. Off topic, sorry. I'm working on the AES Buildings. After I finish them, is there anything else left to do other than Oden's Quests? Hope everyone is feeling better! Thanks Anna for keeping us up to date on the V Day Quests! Big help, especially for us first timers!

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Feb 24, 16 8:23 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:Wow! I was able to play day 1 to day 13. Not sure where you guys are.. but I played up to opening the kitchen on the boat by finding the apron. I had it opened already so it automatically checked it as done.

I think I'll try this again for Spring.. it was kinda fun to play it all in one evening. Granted I wasn't trying to put together collections. so I didn't replay any scenes. But it reminded me of when the game had lots of quests to keep us busy..

I am sorry I have not been able to come on earlier and say the same thing. Since I could not play, everything that was not done would come up. I would surmise that as long as the event is running it would hold the day quests until done. I have not been able to milk any quests as really I cannot. I tried to milk one of the quests while in bed, the laptop over heated and shut down. It was the one with the second part and I lost it as when I came back on it was the next quest showing up. So I missed one of the items. This means like other events if you shut down in mid stream you will lose the event. Hope I made sense, i had to erase/retype this a few times.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 24, 16 12:04 PM
Bluex wrote:
ChestnutHeights wrote:Wow! I was able to play day 1 to day 13. Not sure where you guys are.. but I played up to opening the kitchen on the boat by finding the apron. I had it opened already so it automatically checked it as done.

I am sorry I have not been able to come on earlier and say the same thing. Since I could not play, everything that was not done would come up. I would surmise that as long as the event is running it would hold the day quests until done. I have not been able to milk any quests as really I cannot. I tried to milk one of the quests while in bed, the laptop over heated and shut down. It was the one with the second part and I lost it as when I came back on it was the next quest showing up. So I missed one of the items. This means like other events if you shut down in mid stream you will lose the event. Hope I made sense, i had to erase/retype this a few times.

I wonder if they changed the programming for this to happen.

I remember staying up super late to try to get all the lilacs I could, because the day was going to end. Wonder if that was necessary or because they knew the game wasn't going to be updated that they loosened those requirements.

Because had I known this last year, I probably would have waited until I had ONE full free day and just played the whole event.. then I could have played as much as I wanted.

And it's nice to see you posting Blue.. your post did make sense! Hope you are feeling better.

Go to: