Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:31 AM
Shell17 wrote:my inventory is not showing up..at beginning of game ..i need to open trunk! help!

Inside the abandon car you will find a camcorder, a note and the keys to the trunk (which are located in the glove compartment, you must type in the license plate of the car for it to open)

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:38 AM
californiagypsy wrote:[i]love this game but am having some trouble i have in inventory car jack,claw hammer ,lighter,saw,and torn paper. Am at a loss as to haow to open safe in office how to cut ropes on oars or how to light the fire can someone help an old lady who loves these games and is determined to figure it out

Go into the house the second door on the left you will find the library. On the piece is a piece of paper combine that with the torn paper and you will have the combination to the safe in the manager's office. Wire cutters will be found in the toolbox in the garage so you can cut the ropes to oars. Muche later in the game you will get an axe, which will use to chop the wood you saw leaving the abandon car your way to the house to build your fire

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:41 AM
JJWISE7582 wrote:I need help, where do I find the salt to place on the mantle on the last chapter??

Basement of the manager's office

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:42 AM
jerilake wrote:where is the walkthrough for this game???????????

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-game-walkthrough/

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:47 AM
Hollandude wrote:Ok this is making me crazy, I have gone up and down that tree like a squirrel on steroids and nothing. How do I find the safe combination and wheres the rope? I go room to room and no clues.....

To get the combination you need the following hammer (located in main room, left from the front desk), nails (located at front desk upon second visit), saw (located in romance room first door on left upstairs upon second visit), board (located in boathouse). When you have all these go to the tree outside, place board, then nails and secure with hammer. Climb tree and saw off the tree limb with the the scrap of paper. Take paper to second room on the left, library, you will see another scrap of paper on the mirror combine them to reveal the combination to the safe. You will find the rope to cross the bridge much later in game by the dumpster.
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-game-walkthrough/

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:52 AM
o0lilkim0110o wrote:What do I use to get the rope down from the oars? ihave the car jack, hammer, nails, mattress, sledge hammer thing? I need the rope to get over the bridge

Use the slege hammer to the bathroom floor to get into the manager's office. Go to the garage and get both the crow bar and the water valve. To get water valve click on the top of the chain with the hook quickly several times. Use the crowbar to move the manhole cover located just outside the garage. Use the valve to turn water off. Push the mattress through the hole in the bathroom, then jump down
To get the combination you need the following hammer (located in main room, left from the front desk), nails (located at front desk upon second visit), saw (located in romance room first door on left upstairs upon second visit), board (located in boathouse). When you have all these go to the tree outside, place board, then nails and secure with hammer. Climb tree and saw off the tree limb with the the scrap of paper. Take paper to second room on the left, library, you will see another scrap of paper on the mirror combine them to reveal the combination to the safe. Take the key and open the toolbox located in the garage, you will get wire cutters, which can be used to cut down the oars. You will find the rope later to cross the bridge, it is located by the dumpster

CDLOUS4
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by CDLOUS4 on Dec 25, 09 6:07 AM
I am just beginning this game and cannot find any mysterious morphing objects. The walkthrough says the second one is the shift of the car but when I look at it nothing happens it doesn't change so when I click on it nothing happens. Same thing with the first one suppose to be the yellow sign next to the car, same thing, doesn't change. Am I suppose to look for other objects that may be morphing objects and that the walkthrough is only one of many that it could be?

ctippy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ctippy1 on Dec 25, 09 2:23 PM
LizzieK wrote:Your questions are answered in the Blog Walkthrough for this game on the Big Fish blog at:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-walkthrough/

Good luck!

Found the walkthrough and it WAS helping.. lolol But now I have come to the "generator" part and can not finish.. there is no "rabbit head" because I no longer have the hammer.. used it to get the wood on tree for steps to get the paper..

Grrr.. looking back through the steps... I find I never saw the paper in the room with the chair and the Filing cabinet. that gives you the "instructions" with pictographs" so I'm guessing that is stopping me.

But alas, I go back and no such paper is there now for me to look at and record in the journal. ** sighs** I can't imagine what to do next now. been trying for over 1 hr.. lolol
If anyone can help me, please do. Thanks.

P.S. the walkthrough I'm using is: http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-walkthrough/ But i don't have the collector's edition.

Crystal

ctippy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ctippy1 on Dec 26, 09 6:34 AM
nvrmnd repetative clicking, connected it somehow... lolol just had 2 walk away for several hours!!!

crystal

[Post New]by makey_sweet on Dec 26, 09 10:15 AM
mcox2 wrote:
JJWISE7582 wrote:I need help, where do I find the salt to place on the mantle on the last chapter??

Basement of the manager's office

ms1964
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ms1964 on Dec 30, 09 2:17 AM
you have to hit the hook 3 times to get the val

ms1964
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ms1964 on Dec 30, 09 2:20 AM
can anyone tell how to get the magazine open in yhe mangers office

[Post New]by ShelviaDinwiddie on Dec 31, 09 12:07 AM
misty5 wrote:Since the "manager's office" is the last part of chapter 1 and the first part of chapter 2, I'm not sure on which thread my question belongs. But here it is.......

I've gotten into the office but now seem to be stuck. I've looked all over for clues to the safe combination, with no luck. In inventory, I have the saw, hammer, car keys and lighter. I've climbed the tree and opened both the garage and the boatshed. For now, I'm just going round and round from boatshed to house to car to covered bridge, and my feet are about worn out. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? (Great game, BTW!!)

weewillie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by weewillie on Dec 31, 09 3:27 PM
just keep swinging it gets coser anf closer and eventually knocks it down

[Post New]by Quadracergirl on Jan 1, 10 9:50 AM
Can anyone tell me where the crowbar is?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 1, 10 10:54 AM
Quadracergirl wrote:Can anyone tell me where the crowbar is?

Second HOG scene in the garage. It will show up after you have used the sledge hammer on the bathroom floor.

[Post New]by kskendall on Jan 3, 10 10:26 AM
hi, can anyone tell me how 2 find the key 2 the car trunk and the combo for the glove compartment

patwenzl
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by patwenzl on Jan 3, 10 12:19 PM
I found the matress and sledge hammer,got the water shut off, matress in hole. Click on the hole but it doesn't take me to the managers office. I have gone through the walkthrough several times, it shows if you click on the hole it should take me to the managers office, but it doesn't, Can any one help?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 3, 10 12:28 PM
kskendall wrote:hi, can anyone tell me how 2 find the key 2 the car trunk and the combo for the glove compartment

Look at the back of the car.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 3, 10 12:32 PM
patwenzl wrote:I found the matress and sledge hammer,got the water shut off, matress in hole. Click on the hole but it doesn't take me to the managers office. I have gone through the walkthrough several times, it shows if you click on the hole it should take me to the managers office, but it doesn't, Can any one help?

Several posts have mentioned this problem so it's possibly a glitch in the game. Use the green envelope on the right side of this page and contact support.

You do need to click on the mattress several times to make it actually fall through the hole. I think I remember three different clicks before it fell through.

Go to: