Chapter 7 discussion thread

 

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by BRUCE820 on Feb 21, 10 10:01 AM
Hi, I am at the , but I too have the snowshoes.....Did I miss anything by not using them?

 

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by tashacameron2010 on Feb 28, 10 6:02 PM
OMG this chapter seven forum is the shizzle!!! LOL I am currently at the ruins but I am having a bit of trouble figuring it out, even after going to the crime computer for the obvious hint and using the stones to fill the spaces. Do I need to use the stones to even fill in the spaces above relic pieces? And I am missing a tape, do I need it to be able to do the ruins puzzle?

 
nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 1, 10 1:29 PM
tashacameron2010 wrote:OMG this chapter seven forum is the shizzle!!! LOL I am currently at the ruins but I am having a bit of trouble figuring it out, even after going to the crime computer for the obvious hint and using the stones to fill the spaces. Do I need to use the stones to even fill in the spaces above relic pieces? And I am missing a tape, do I need it to be able to do the ruins puzzle?


Make sure you have the two triangles facing the right way. The last tape will not be found until you enter the tunnel after completing the relics.

 

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by tashacameron2010 on Mar 1, 10 7:42 PM


It's the item from the candy machine. If you didn't get the three coins, you need to head back and do some more looking. 2 are found in HOG scenes and one is behind a fence in the graveyard. You also need an item from another HOG scene to get that coin. It sounds like you just need to go back over all the areas looking for HOGs. Sometimes there is a second HOG scene that will come up in previously visited areas.



I am confused.....HOG means what again? I can't find one of the coins for the candy machine either. HELP.=(

 

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by tashacameron2010 on Mar 1, 10 7:49 PM
nwl43 wrote:
willow2cute wrote:help! i'm almost through with the game, but i can't find the third coin. i've clicked on everything!


2nd HOG scene in farmhouse
Gift shop to the left in museum main room
Under the wrought iron fence in graveyard


THANK U!!!!!!!!!!!=)

 

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by wcratzke on Mar 6, 10 11:02 AM
i bought the full version but have gotten stuck on the bag of potato chips. i have done the hidden object scene at the hunting lodge twice now and both times there were no chips in the upper right corner. plz help. i also used my hammer on something other than the rabbits head and have no hammer now to hit it with. is this step essential to the finish of the game?

 
nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 6, 10 12:31 PM
wcratzke wrote:i bought the full version but have gotten stuck on the bag of potato chips. i have done the hidden object scene at the hunting lodge twice now and both times there were no chips in the upper right corner. plz help. i also used my hammer on something other than the rabbits head and have no hammer now to hit it with. is this step essential to the finish of the game?


The potato chips and the rabbit head are part of the extras for the Collector's Edition that cost $19.95. If you are playing the regualar $6.99 version you do not have them. Refer to the walkthrough which you can find on this forum rather than the one for the CE to avoid confusion.

 

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by wcratzke on Mar 6, 10 1:13 PM
thanks so much. so now that i have all four stones, i should just go to the ruins and continue on?

 
kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by kelnjor on Mar 18, 10 10:00 PM
loubylou44 wrote:
bessiemoo wrote:OMG.. I feel like such an idiot! I didnt see the gift shop. Ugh. Just finished!


What gift shop, I've not found a gift shop!!! Anyone help me please....I need that third coin and it must be in the gift shop.

Louise UK



the gift shop can be hard to notice, it is in (am sure) the muesem, as you first walk in, door on your left, has sign on door saying it is closed..goodluck!

 
kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by kelnjor on Mar 18, 10 10:02 PM
tashacameron2010 wrote:

It's the item from the candy machine. If you didn't get the three coins, you need to head back and do some more looking. 2 are found in HOG scenes and one is behind a fence in the graveyard. You also need an item from another HOG scene to get that coin. It sounds like you just need to go back over all the areas looking for HOGs. Sometimes there is a second HOG scene that will come up in previously visited areas.



I am confused.....HOG means what again? I can't find one of the coins for the candy machine either. HELP.=(


HOG (hidden object game) also there is one in the cemetery.

 
kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by kelnjor on Mar 19, 10 12:42 AM
wcratzke wrote:thanks so much. so now that i have all four stones, i should just go to the ruins and continue on?



Yes if you have the 4 stones, you should be now able to go to ruins and solve next puzzle!..goodluck!

 
dreherg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by dreherg on Apr 21, 10 5:38 PM
paco12348 wrote:I'm having a great time with the game but I'm stuck at the ruins. The book and a walkthrough do not match. I've tried both ways to unlock the gate to the tunnel but placement of the relics do not work. I've tried the book way and the walkthrough way. The walkthrough has the square and circle relic reversed. So far as I can see both are wrong. I've checked and doublechecked the placements and can't get it to work, Hope someone can help. I'm freezing to death out here.

 
dreherg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by dreherg on Apr 21, 10 5:41 PM
tashacameron2010 wrote:OMG this chapter seven forum is the shizzle!!! LOL I am currently at the ruins but I am having a bit of trouble figuring it out, even after going to the crime computer for the obvious hint and using the stones to fill the spaces. Do I need to use the stones to even fill in the spaces above relic pieces? And I am missing a tape, do I need it to be able to do the ruins puzzle?

 

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by jessiesgirl74 on Apr 22, 10 6:24 PM
Love the game! I am at the ruins and realized I do not have all 4 runes...i'm missing the square!! I have gone back through and CANNOT find any more puzzles or HOG's...where do you get the square rune? Please help...thanks!!

 
nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 23, 10 5:31 AM
jessiesgirl74 wrote:Love the game! I am at the ruins and realized I do not have all 4 runes...i'm missing the square!! I have gone back through and CANNOT find any more puzzles or HOG's...where do you get the square rune? Please help...thanks!!


You are missing a student. Go back to the hunting lodge.

 
sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by sassybee on May 15, 10 8:59 PM
The walkthrough is vague as to where to find the thermometer to get the mercury. Can anybody put me in the right spot, please? Thanks.

 
nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by nwl43 on May 16, 10 12:42 PM
sassybee wrote:The walkthrough is vague as to where to find the thermometer to get the mercury. Can anybody put me in the right spot, please? Thanks.


It's on the front of the hotel on the right.

 
Darlene3d
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by Darlene3d on May 25, 10 3:35 PM
bessiemoo wrote:i am all the way to the end. I have solved three riddles and now am on the one talking about the reaper. All i have in my inventory is the mercury and the snow shoes. Since im PRETTY sure its not the shoes, how is it the mercury? Did I miss something? I never got the candy machine to work? Is that it?? HELP!!


You should have sunflower seeds in your inventory at this point. I am also looking for the key work at the ruins for the reaper. If you figure it out please let me know. the other words are salt, ashes, feather! I wish someone would share.

Edited on 05/25/2010 at 3:37:40 PM PST


 
nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by nwl43 on May 26, 10 5:11 AM
Darlene3d wrote:
bessiemoo wrote:i am all the way to the end. I have solved three riddles and now am on the one talking about the reaper. All i have in my inventory is the mercury and the snow shoes. Since im PRETTY sure its not the shoes, how is it the mercury? Did I miss something? I never got the candy machine to work? Is that it?? HELP!!


You should have sunflower seeds in your inventory at this point. I am also looking for the key work at the ruins for the reaper. If you figure it out please let me know. the other words are salt, ashes, feather! I wish someone would share.


You sort of answered it for yourself. A grain of hope, reapers toil (another saying is you reap what you sow). So the answer is: seeds.

 

Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by brendaoliver67 on May 30, 10 5:12 PM
bfgCelebes wrote:Chapter 7 starts at the Celtic ruins

Hello people of the forum, I just finished this game thanks to the people here, and i feel like sharing any tips I can. I was creeped out during this game but it was fun. I played the regular version, rather than the C.E. (Collectors Edition/ $19.00 version), and it was a lot better because all the extra's weren't there to throw me off my trail. I will be collecting all of the "Mystery Case Files" until I own each one. I didn't feel safe from the "Banshee" even though I was. I did not play this game with the lights off that is for sure, but I enjoyed it with the lights on. my 11 yr old twin sons really helped me through the tough areas. THANK YOU B.F.G YOU ADDED SOME EXCITEMENT TO MY HOHUM DAY!!!

 
 
 
 
Go to: