Re:Walkthrough now available for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove

[Post New]by rarebabboo on Jan 30, 11 10:08 AM
Stuck need help-Cannot find the spark plug for the generator or get the oars off the wall in the nautical bedroom.
Any help would be appreciated

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 31, 11 8:43 AM
Hi rarebabboo,

Welcome to the pond!

Once you go outside the farmhouse (next to the frozen stone bridge), you should see a lawnmower out in the snow.

Use the wrench on the mower to obtain the sparkplug.

To get the oars from the wall you'll need to use the wire clippers three times. The wire clippers can be found inside the metal box in the garage.

For more information and to consult some screenshots, you can check out the complete game walkthrough here.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by mariucha1965 on Mar 6, 11 10:01 AM
One of the hardest games that I have played. Thx. for the help from the walkthru. I didn't know about the ashes nor the mercury..........couldn't get thru the last 2 steps without the help of the "walkthru".

jev27
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by jev27 on Mar 27, 11 10:38 AM
MargieB wrote:Hi Kavaky,welcome to the forums!

You've probably been looking at the walkthrough for the collector's edition. Please look at this walkthrough instead

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-game-walkthrough/

It will give you the answers you need.

Good Luck,

Margie B

[Post New]by rlbjlb on Apr 26, 11 11:06 AM
i have a big question... lol i am new to all of this and i am stuck at the ruins and can't figure out what is next...

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 27, 11 3:46 AM
Hi rlbjlb,

Welcome to the pond!

The following extract should assist you :

* The solution to the puzzle is found on the Crime Computer screen.
* If you look at the Crime Computer screen, you will see certain symbols appear over some of the screens.

* Your goal is to place the relics in the same locations as their matching symbols on the screen.

* Use the rocks on the left and right sides of the puzzle to adjust the height of your relics.

* If one of your symbols is all the way at the top, place 3 rocks in the corresponding slot before you place the relics. That will give them the height they need.

* If the relic is at the bottom of the screen, all you have to do is place the relic without any stones.
* You do not have to place a stone above any of the relics.

* If you make a mistake and want to clear the board, click on the large circle below the puzzle.

The solution for this puzzle is random.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by granddaughters2 on May 8, 11 10:12 AM
Could someone please tell me how to find the last four numbers of allison phone

[Post New]by ace0011 on May 27, 11 12:56 AM
you have to take the key out of the car and unlock the trunk

[Post New]by shyannekenya on Jun 4, 11 10:47 AM
i cant get the car jack to open the gate to get the snow shoes sccording to the forum it should of been in the freezer by the snowshoes i still havnt got it and can no longer go on i bought the game too please help id like to finish the game

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Jun 4, 11 11:00 AM
Shyannekenya -- the car jack is in the trunk of the abandoned car. The trunk keys are inside the car, you'll need to solve a puzzle to get them.

[Post New]by stargazer2 on Nov 15, 11 4:51 PM
where is it?????

[Post New]by NanaAdele on Dec 18, 11 4:17 PM
I am not able to cook the meat to feed to the wolf. The microwave will not take the meat. Thanks for your help.Still not able to open microwave. It shows open then when I click the microwave it closes and won't let me thaw the meat. Tried just putting the meat in the open microwave and it won't let me. Stuck!!

Edited on 01/07/2012 at 1:23:16 PM PST

[Post New]by NanaAdele on Dec 20, 11 6:51 PM
NanaAdele wrote:I am not able to cook the meat to feed to the wolf. The microwave will not take the meat. Thanks for your help.
Cannot put the meat in the microwave or turn it on.

[Post New]by blesswillis on Jan 3, 12 8:27 AM
Hi i have gotten to the puzzle after you cross the icy bridge I have done every thing the book say but cant solve the puzzle I have a urn full of ashes a vile some seasalt sunflower seed and a hammer snoe shoes and the symbles for the four people so what do I do now im stuck Hellllllllp lol

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 8:30:21 AM PST

[Post New]by ludiemae on Jan 4, 12 4:58 PM
Where is it. Can't find.

EHinSF
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by EHinSF on Jan 10, 12 10:21 PM
I'm just really glad that this walk-through was here where I got stuck. I love a challenge, but in some places, like to start the generator, it would be totally random as to how to use the gadgets on it to get it started without the hints in this walk-through. I liked this MCF game the best.

[Post New]by northdove on Feb 15, 12 1:39 PM
im stuck on level 8 dont know how to get whats under the ornament

[Post New]by JezzyBelle on Feb 24, 12 7:12 AM
Help ! the board for the Tree never went into inventory after the hidden object game

Edited on 02/24/2012 at 7:13:43 AM PST

[Post New]by scrapperjdapper on Feb 26, 12 10:14 AM
I have made it to the end and put the ashes, sea salt, seed, feather in there place. But when I try to put the glass vial in place it won't except it. Why is this what have forgot to do? All I have left is a hammer, snowshoes and the glass vial. Help!

pamhamlet
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by pamhamlet on Mar 26, 12 10:34 AM
My sons and I played this through and resorted to the walkthrough only 3 times. They are sticklers for solving puzzles and determining what to do next on their own no matter how long it takes them to find a solution or direction. They have taught me a lot about having patience and thinking logically for games such as Dire Grove.

So many times I wanted to give up and use the "cheat sheet. I would have too, had they not insisted we stick to our guns. "No, Mom, we'll figure it out...don't go online," they'd tell me. When I'd get scared or startled at ghosts or reluctant to enter creepy looking rooms, saying, "I don't want to go in there..." My sons would matter of factly say, "Mom, we've been everywhere else, we have to go in there." "Aren't you scared?" I'd counter. "No, Mom, just go." I remember I jumped out of my chair with a screech when that wolf first charged out from his hole in the tree. I didn't expect that...I just thought it was another pair of eyes to click on that would do nothing.

When I started seeing the ingenious rhyme and reason, pattern and purpose as to how each task and mini-puzzle was devised and executed, the true beauty of the game came alive to me and made the journey that much more enriching. There were lots of enthusiastic high fives and exclamations of "Yessssss!" when something was finally solved. Even my husband, who is not a gamer, often stood by to see our progress. We finished in 12 hours spread over 4 days.

Hats off to the developers of engrossing, riveting, and brain-stretching games such as Dire Grove! It is truly one of my all-time favorites.

Go to: