awful tournament results

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:awful tournament results

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 14, 16 9:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

I see that there is concern regarding tournaments in Midnight Castle. For clarification, the accuracy bonus is only counted on the PC version of the game. This is because on mobile devices you can zoom in and out, and this would cause the accuracy counter to drop with every tap. Because of this, while the accuracy does display on iOS and Android, it isn't counted towards the score.

For players that have concern regarding the results of tournaments, or if you didn't receive winnings, please contact our Customer Support Team with your player ID. They have the tools to further assist and bring this to the attention of the Midnight Castle team. For concerns with tournament scores, please provide to the support team a screenshot. This will help bring more information for investigation. Just in case, I'll include help articles below:

Finding Your In-Game ID (Free to Play Games)

Taking a Screenshot

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgBellerophon

XzyvaGreenfern
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by XzyvaGreenfern on Apr 9, 16 10:27 AM
NoFishToday wrote:I believe I have uncovered another tournament "glitch" in addition to the wheel. Twice now, I have won one diamond, but never received it. Others have said this too. So, it really does need to be looked into. It's not that I didn't receive two diamonds that bothers me so much, it's not worth the hassle of a screen shot. It's that I think maybe nobody who is winning one diamond is receiving it. Can you imagine in all the tournaments how many diamonds that is that aren't being given out? Hoping BF will look into this.

I won two gems yesterday in the tournament and never got them. I have also not gotten the one gem a couple times too. I'm not very fast at the tournament so I think I will just quit doing it. After all, the point is to WIN gems and I can't even get those I have actually won. Sometimes if we win one we may be bumped down to zero before the tournament is over, but the few times I noticed, that didn't happen. I just never got the gems.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Apr 9, 16 12:02 PM
Xzyva...........submit a CS report..........tell them what happened..........include your ID#...........they usually give them to you.

XzyvaGreenfern
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by XzyvaGreenfern on Apr 9, 16 9:38 PM
Thanks, SBaker. I don't know whether 3 or 4 gems is really worth it. I can make lots more doing egg runs! Thanks, though!

JayceeAZ64
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by JayceeAZ64 on Apr 10, 16 1:55 PM
I've been having really bad turns in the tournaments. 10% most of the time.

I've noticed a lot of the same names in the top 10, wonder what their secret is.

legoddess
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by legoddess on Apr 10, 16 3:04 PM
Lack of tokens and 10's spins is frustrating. My question is how do the same people consistently make the top 10 sometimes twice in one day, I play most often and I can name them off from memory, what is your strategy?

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Apr 10, 16 6:47 PM
Holy Moly! I won my first diamonds in the tournament!
I was in slot 97 until the last 5 min of the tournament...then got bumped to 103 .
I thought for sure I had that first achievement in Tournament Topper. I've sure been trying hard enough.
I thought maybe I might have a better chance of moving up, so I paid to play one more round...not something I normally do...wouldn't you know it, on my second attempt the game stuttered and blew me out without letting me use my spins on the wheel to better my score.

Edited on 04/10/2016 at 6:48:44 PM PST

cjmax13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by cjmax13 on Apr 10, 16 7:16 PM
Perhaps players with the Champion pet should give others a chance to get in the top 100.

JayceeAZ64
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by JayceeAZ64 on Apr 11, 16 7:30 AM
What is a champion pet?

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Apr 11, 16 8:18 AM
JayceeAZ64 wrote:What is a champion pet?

It is a cat that you get after placing in the Top 100 ten times.

Devilinwales
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Devilinwales on Apr 11, 16 10:52 AM
The cat is no longer on iOS platforms for some reason. Maybe the top 100 all had the cat as they appear in there so often. Gripe gripe

I think it is still there on other platforms but not easy unless you are very very lucky oh and fast too as you need a high base score too

Good luck if you can still achieve it Jaycee

JayceeAZ64
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by JayceeAZ64 on Apr 11, 16 12:36 PM
Thanks for the info. The champion pet has nothing to do with getting high scores, right? Just the prize for getting high scores.

I get high base scores but usually only get 2 or rarely 3 spins and get 10%. That gets me in the top 300 or 400.

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Apr 11, 16 1:48 PM
JayceeAZ64 wrote:Thanks for the info. The champion pet has nothing to do with getting high scores, right? Just the prize for getting high scores.

I get high base scores but usually only get 2 or rarely 3 spins and get 10%. That gets me in the top 300 or 400.

You would have to have a high enough score to be in the Top 100 ten times to get the cat.

JayceeAZ64
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by JayceeAZ64 on Apr 12, 16 4:58 PM
See today I placed in the top 1000. Can't even get close. The winner of the tournament scored over 400,000 and is almost always in the top 10. That means they got 12 chips and scored 50% on all of them. What is the secret????

vabroom
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by vabroom on Apr 15, 16 1:04 PM
I have 3 more to go! Lately if I got 175k on the first try I usually stop playing the tournament. I seldom get a better score than the first try lately.

Maybe they can have the tournament without giving out diamonds! This will give us a chance to get the cat/tiger and maybe bragging rights.

BlueBeBlue
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by BlueBeBlue on Apr 16, 16 5:44 AM
Why is it, that there are always the same people on top of the ranking? You can't ALWAYS be that lucky!
At first I thought, ok maybe they just pay for plays and keep on trying until they get a good score. But that can't be the reason because they show up on top right after the start of the tourney.
I am fast and accurate and usually get a good base score but the weel always kills it for me.
Why can't I be lucky for once what am I doing wrong?

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 26, 16 11:48 AM
It's just my rotten luck. Played the tourney even though I'm having trouble focusing/seeing today. Had at least 2 items in every room that I just couldn't find. Got 11 chips & an ABYSMAL score of 39k. Spun 50, 40, 50%. When does that ever happen? Not to me, that's for sure! What a waste of good spins!!!!!

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Sep 26, 16 12:27 PM
vabroom wrote:I have 3 more to go! Lately if I got 175k on the first try I usually stop playing the tournament. I seldom get a better score than the first try lately.

Maybe they can have the tournament without giving out diamonds! This will give us a chance to get the cat/tiger and maybe bragging rights.

It has been suggested, that perhaps, the number of tournament entries for each avatar should be a way to accomplish achievement, and diamond payout remain the same.

Also SOME players have a knack for playing HOS quickly , there are tips on how to improve ones score. Within the games rules.

And of course, there will always be those, winning with a software glitch or perhaps otherwise, which the Mods and Devs are working on.

Keep on playing Free entries! Agree, if you get a fairly high score, and fairly assured of being in top 100, you can stop playing that tournament. I have continued to play free entries, and on occasion, received my higher scores > 190,000.

Best of luck to all!

Crystal ;P

Flora1
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Flora1 on Sep 26, 16 1:43 PM
I play tournaments across three years and only 2've been in the Top 100. The whole thing is a scam.

[Post New]by Gr3asyHalfling on Sep 27, 16 4:20 AM
It should be renamed the Ten Percent Tourny because that is all you will ever get..

Go to: