cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Re:Cassandra's Journey 2: The Fifth Sun of Nostradamus comments and reviews

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jul 24, 10 4:10 PM
Loved the first one. Love this one more but somewhere along the line I forgot to buy it or something better came up. Fun, fun game but I liked the other Cassandra better. She was so cute.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Aug 4, 10 3:00 AM
I finished the first one and used a credit for this sequel. Honestly I enjoyed the first one so much better. Usually the sequels get better but IMO not so this time. I will finish this one but I am kind of disappointed with the format and the mini games compared to the original game.

banor
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by banor on Aug 18, 10 11:32 AM
I did not read all the reviews but am I the only one who found the talking lips and really stupid dialogue really bad - the ending was so dopey must be the mood I am in, but I did not enjoy this one so much. Also don't like (since I play during my lunch hour at work sometimes) that I have to finish a "chapter" anyway was not crazy about this one - I liked the first one better.

MIGHTYMIDGE
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by MIGHTYMIDGE on Sep 8, 10 3:40 AM
It must be me...So far I have found this game time and money wasting.

I have bought many many games from BF...All really fine...Somehow I feel this one ain't going to get finished...Not because it is hard..just boring...

jengun
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by jengun on Nov 30, 10 5:30 PM
This game just didn't hold my interest and I quit halfway through. I found some of the mini-games (not all) to be on the preschool level actually. One of the mini games consisted of clicking on cards that have matching suits which is not really my idea of a challenge. I think I will keep it though for when my six year old niece comes to visit-I honestly think she will love it.

[Post New]by JobsIsTheMan on Dec 3, 10 2:41 AM
Game is not that spectacular to begin with, but an average HOG was RUINED by the dialogue. I realize that video games are not known for their scintillating dialogue. However I was hoping the second Cassandra game had better writing than the first one. I was wrong, like unbelievably wrong. The story might and I do mean might have been enjoyable had it not been for the slow corny interaction between characters. Oh Michael, you do have caring eyes. It is my destiny to save the world with my pure love for you Cassandra! Did I mention how the dialogue was beyond corny? It honestly ruined the whole game. I've already decided not to get Cassandra 3 even if it's free! I need to stop buying $2.99 games as they almost always suck! I liked the card games well enough, the riddles were a bit too easy, the thing that really drove me nuts besides the dialogue was how the list of items to find didn't show up all at once, you never saw the complete list, so if you accidentally click an item that IS on the list but hasn't shown up yet you get that wrong object noise. My advice don't waste your money or time.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Jan 8, 11 4:24 PM
jazzycat1223 wrote:My computer would not load this game? I do not know what happended. I tried to do it twice.

melissasignal
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by melissasignal on Jan 8, 11 5:58 PM
gameslvr wrote:
Itsupikachu wrote:I like everything about the game but the subject. The graphics are really good and the IHOG aspect is my favorite type of game. However, for the same reason I didn't buy the first Cassandra game, I won't buy this either. I stay away from anything having to do with astrology, fortune telling, etc., etc. I don't understand why, if there can be games with themes of astrology and the like, why can't we have a few games with a Christian theme? Astrology and fortune telling are both a type of belief system so why does there seem to be such an objection when it comes to anything Biblical or Christian? Please, Big Fish, get at least a few games that have some Christian themes.
I'm sure there are some fish members who would appreciate them.

Re you post. I appreciate your feelings, however think this through a little more. (1) there are so many different interpretations in religion BF would be sure to antagonize someone. (2) In my opinion, it would be trivializing a very important part of many people's lives.

Totally agree Gameslvr 100%

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 8, 11 8:33 PM
The graphics are fair. The gameplay is HOG and IHOG. The storyline is sadly fair as well. The game is an interesting game, but not my cup of tea. I like the supernatural and occult, but this game didn't capture my interest.

This game is a B.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jan 24, 11 2:41 PM
Could not pass this one up. I like the colors of graphics and really liked the other Cassandra game.

On my way to buy and play.

Ohhh cant forget to thank the fishies great reviews that helped me make up my mind.

Happy game day

MrsPatty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by MrsPatty on Feb 5, 11 3:39 PM
Played the game and liked it. It was interesting but think it needs to be a bit longer. Finished this game in about 4 hours. That was stat and stop playing when i could. But the game wa great to play. The graphics were pretty good. I turnrd the music off. The music seems to distract me when i am playing. The puzzles within this game were pretty neat. I think i only skipped 1 through the whole game. I would suggest it to others who likes playing this kind of hidden objects game. KUDDOS....

CMC09
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by CMC09 on Jun 8, 11 11:58 PM
Loved this game! A little over 5 hours of great entertainment! Allot of variety

I Hated This Game

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jul 19, 11 3:15 AM
I know this game is old, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents here. I just posted a review of Cassandra 1, which I just finished. I thought it was fantastic. One of the best BFG games I have ever played. It was different, but very good. Note that I don't really like HOG scenes, but they are a necessary evil in these BFG games. I like Adventure games and prefer that the HOG scenes are kept to a minimum. If you like HOG scenes, you may have a different opinion.

The funny thing is that I read this Forum and it seemed that people didn't like Cassandra 1, but liked Cassandra 2. I must be in the minority, but I came to the opposite conclusion. Since I thought that Cassandra 1 was fantastic, I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into Cassandra 2, thinking it would be even better. Nope. Horrible game. Right off the bat, in Cass. 1 there was no penalty for random clicking and the hint system was fantastic (3 kinds of hints). You collected gems in each HOG and used them to buy more hints. I would usually have over 20 hints available. There was no hint meter to recharge and you could use hints one after the other. In Cass. 2, they messed it up. There are 5 kinds of hints, but there is now a penalty for random clicking and you have to wait for the hint meter to recharge. You can't buy more hints and can only use one after the hint meter recharges. Then, to add insult to injury, every time you random click, the hint meter goes down. Terrible. Some of the HOG scenes had 25 items and it would take me 15-20 minutes to complete one scene. I just couldn't find some items and you couldn't click around while waiting for the hiint meter to recharge or the hint meter would go down. So I would just sit there doing nothing, waiting for the hint meter to recharge. Then I'd get a clue, find another item, and repeat. Not exactly my idea of fun just sitting there waiting for the hint meter to recharge so I can find the next item. Plus, for some bizarre reason, Cassandra was a different lady in Cassandra 2 than she was in Cassandra 1. They should have made her look the same.

I found the game so horrible, that I stopped playing it and uninstalled it.

For me, the bottom line is that Cassandra 1 gets 2 thumbs up and Cassandra 2 gets 2 thumbs down.

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 7:55:02 AM PST

Satine40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Satine40 on Jul 30, 11 12:27 PM
Wonderful game!!!

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Sep 11, 11 9:45 PM
I found this game fairly easy. The graphics were colorful. The lip movements didn't add much to the story; if the characters would actully speak the dialogue out loud, rather than lip sync it, a whole, new dimension would be added to the game. I did like the choices of hints - a nice feature to have four different types. Using 1/2 a hint was particularly helpful. It gave me enough direction to find the item(s). There was a variety of minigames, some quite unique, with the added bonus of playing them again and again. The story line was rather weak, not as engaging as some games I've played. There were several mispellings. It's not a series I would continue to buy.

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 9:47:08 PM PST

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Sep 27, 11 8:45 PM
I like this game very much and would recommend it to anyone who likes H0Gs even a little. The developers really put a lot of thought into the game design.

The H0G scenes usually have some interesting twist involved, which breaks up the monotony of H0Gs for me. The mini games are often interesting--refreshing even. Some are harder than others and a few would have benefited from more instructions or explanations. While there are a few old standards (majhong, maze), there are a few I've never seen before. Nice job developers!

Also, there are some neat mathematical 'magic' tricks. You will have to see them to understand.

The story line is heavily into astrology and magic and the plot and dialogue are 'campy,' but so what. To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever won a Pulitzer Prize for game dialogue. The graphics are very nice, although the people look like cut out dolls (real photographs) and their lips move when the dialogue boxes come up. A bit strange, since there is no voice over (which makes me happy). You can click through the dialogue.

Overall, I give it an A-. Well worth playing.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 2:34 PM
This game was ok, I bought it when it first came out, but after playing it I had not desired to get the first one.

It have nice graphics and a nice story.

Go to: