viclynn17
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by viclynn17 on Mar 20, 16 10:49 AM
Vampyrlady2264 wrote:chance player and it works, can play the game incl. bonus
I changed player, too and it worked.

cms54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Editi

[Post New]by cms54 on Mar 20, 16 12:16 PM
I replayed this game and scrutinized where it was locking up. First**GRAB THE LADDER FROM UNDER THE STAINED GLASS WINDOW as soon as you can!! You'll only get one chance to get it and it's crucial** Next problem seemed to me that it might have something to do with the statue in the chapel. The vase she is holding needs a stone rose to be inserted on it. Knew that there was one on the desk upstairs in the chapel attic. I handed the photo to the ghost, knocked the box off of the beam and inserted the one spider from my inventory (that was from the hole in the floor by the statue/get with ax, went right to the desk and inserted the photo of Spencer into the space at the base of the mirror. That gave me the stone rose for the statue downstairs. This was the only thing that I hadn't done in previous attempts. It worked!!!!! After putting the rose on the statue's vase, all was fine and I was free to keep going. Now, if I can grow back the hair I pulled out.......

btw- BFG was real nice to me about this. Responded right away and offered a game credit. But I do think that the devs should have caught this. I think I lost a few years of my life due to the frustration. Argh. Otherwise it's one of the most interesting games put out lately.

Edited on 03/22/2016 at 7:41:56 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by riverkeeper on Mar 20, 16 12:28 PM
cms54
How did you get BFG to respond? I was the first to report the problem and then did a Felix report and have never heard back. It's been several days.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by cherie_1955 on Mar 20, 16 12:29 PM
I am having the same issue game freezes on chapel, I tried delete and re add same problem want my money back!!!!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 20, 16 1:07 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let players know that the Moderation Team has indeed passed along the issue that players are experiencing with the chapel and not being able to progress. Once we hear of any information regarding this issue, we will update the forums. If you haven't already, it is recommended to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. This will help aid in the investigation that the support team can bring to the attention of the appropriate teams.

Thank you to the players that have mentioned that starting a new profile helps to progress in the game. If you prefer to not start over or have concerns, please contact our Technical Support Team.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 03/20/2016 at 1:36:47 PM PST

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Mar 20, 16 1:10 PM
I am also having a problem in the chapel, I have sent a report in. I hope they will fix it,not just fob us of with a credit.

cms54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cms54 on Mar 20, 16 1:21 PM
To Riverkeeper: I just went to the "Help" page and wrote a letter to BFG (fill-in-the-blank on the form letter in Contact Us. They emailed immediately that they received my comments and would get back to me. About four hours later I rec'd a note back that they were working on a solution but gave me a free game credit to use if I wanted a replacement. Not the first time I've done that and they've always responded quickly. Not that it's happened very often over all the years I've been a member. I told them that I wasn't sending a Dr Felix since so many other players had. That was OK with them.
I'm Windows 7, too. And get that stupid rose into the vase before you do anything else, fishaddicts!!!!

Edited on 03/20/2016 at 1:45:13 PM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Mar 20, 16 2:04 PM
That's true, never had problems with customer support, they have nothing but helpful, after all it's not their fault that the developers don't check the games before release

p7000
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by p7000 on Mar 20, 16 2:09 PM
And again a not tested game. After the big bug with "Steel Life" now that.

Where is the Qualitcontrol?

I am really disappointed.

[Post New]by bunbun1645 on Mar 20, 16 2:31 PM
Frozen in the Chapel. Using Windows 10. Looks like this is a tech issue since so many are having the same issue in different venues. Looking forward to an update. Would love to finish the game.

[Post New]by MoMo0725 on Mar 20, 16 2:57 PM
Stuck at table with the flint igniter in my hand, wont let me put it down or close out window with the fish and teapot/cups.

Playing on Vista.

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Mar 20, 16 3:43 PM
Same here in chapel cant go forward, backward or do anything ! Close game come back but still cant go anywhere ! Playing on windows 10 ! HELP

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Beckiep on Mar 20, 16 4:47 PM
cms54 wrote:I replayed this game and scrutinized where it was locking up. Seemed to me that it might have something to do with the statue in the chapel. The vase she is holding needs a stone rose to be inserted on it. Knew that there was one on the desk upstairs in the chapel attic. I handed the photo to the ghost, knocked the box off of the beam and inserted the one spider from my inventory, went right to the desk and inserted the photo of Spencer into the space at the base of the mirror. That gave me the stone rose for the statue downstairs. This was the only thing that I hadn't done in previous attempts. It worked!!!!! After putting the rose on the statue's vase, all was fine and I was free to keep going. Now, if I can grow back the hair I pulled out.......

btw- BFG was real nice to me about this. Responded right away and offered a game credit. But I do think that the devs should have caught this. I think I lost a few years of my life due to the frustration. Argh. Otherwise it's one of the most interesting games put out lately.

Decided to try this I get to the attic, hand her the photo and go to the desk. I put the gramaphone trumpet on, got the signet ring, but I have no panel to put in the frame. (per the strategy guide.)
Also, I have no box to knock off the beam and no spiders. I have a bat in the rafters and a sack. I have to somehow make a loud noise to scare the bat, but all I have is the signet ring and an ax.
Hint keeps wanting me to go to the chapel, but I'm afraid to do so because I'm afraid I'll get stuck again.

[Post New]by rosebud1us on Mar 20, 16 6:30 PM
I have the same problem game freezing in the chapel.

[Post New]by rosebud1us on Mar 20, 16 6:30 PM
I have the same problem game freezing in the chapel.

cms54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cms54 on Mar 20, 16 7:07 PM
Beckiep, You're missing a tambourine to scare the bat. The phonograph isn't for that. Not sure where you missed the first spider for the box that falls off the beam when the bat leaves. I have a thing about not using the strategy guide or I'd look it up........
Most of these issues are coming from the desk behind the ghost when you first get to the chapel attic. Don't miss a thing on it. The tambourine, inserting the Spencer photo into the oval space(no frame required), the stone roses.....I just started using each tool I got as soon as I got it even if it means going back a few scenes. Take a look at the map regularly to see if the red exclamation point wants you to backtrack a bit. Several times I had to check a back level and found a red circle that wasn't noted on the I, II, III level notes to the left of the scenes. That was soooo neglectful of the devs. It might be one of the reasons all of this is happening.

Edited on 03/20/2016 at 7:22:12 PM PST

[Post New]by riverkeeper on Mar 20, 16 7:25 PM
If I close my BFG account do I loose all the games I've paid for?

Thank you

cms54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Editio

[Post New]by cms54 on Mar 20, 16 8:15 PM
Stupid question, Riverkeeper. Of course you keep them. Grow up and get over this. It happens with all technology. I have three programs on computers at work that I'm having to get glitches out of. All different types of software issues (not games). As far as games go, nothing else online compares to BFG, I've tried them all. Your purchased games will be on your Game Manager forever, not the BFG website..

Edited on 03/21/2016 at 8:26:17 PM PST

danner
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by danner on Mar 20, 16 8:52 PM
frozen in the chapel

Biedermia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Biedermia on Mar 21, 16 12:34 AM
Frozen in the chapel, too! Don't download games very often and I'm bummed after playing this one for so long to come across this glitch. I'm not interested enough to start from the beginning again, but would like to finish.

Go to: