sbeem
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Re:Virtual City comments and reviews

[Post New]by sbeem on Dec 31, 09 6:31 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game!! It makes you use your head and is so much fun I find myself thinking of it at work and can't wait to get home and play it again. Please please please come up with more games like this. I will buy them all!!

BenWang
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by BenWang on Dec 31, 09 12:32 PM
reickso wrote:this game is not like virtual villagers there is a huge learning curve. One hour and you might think this game is easy and you will sail through it. I do not share that view. I had no problem till the level where you have to put out fires and handle medical emergencies,.

Build 2 fire station, upgrade them and get rid of trees.

PowickE
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by PowickE on Jan 1, 10 10:57 AM
I am so stuck on level 4-7 where you have not factories, for income. I can't seem to git above 1,500 when I need 6,000!!! Any help at all would be gratefully received.

Ricjon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Ricjon on Jan 2, 10 12:14 AM
Reikso
You need to build 2 fire stations and a hospital straightaway

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Jan 3, 10 8:00 AM
FANTASTIC game.
Played into level 3 only, so much mor fun will come.

Thank you all for the great tips up here.!!

Any walkthrough somewhere?

Ricjon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Ricjon on Jan 3, 10 10:44 PM
jdk0874 wrote:I am stuck on level 2-5. I can't figure out how to collect garbage without garbage trucks and the garage will not let me purchase garbage trucks. Help.

Ricjon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Ricjon on Jan 3, 10 10:46 PM
jdk0874 wrote:I am stuck on level 2-5. I can't figure out how to collect garbage without garbage trucks and the garage will not let me purchase garbage trucks. Help.

You can only buy garbage trucks if you have a recycling centre. Check if you have one. Hope this helps

[Post New]by mary2303 on Jan 5, 10 3:09 PM
Great game! Lots of fun and some real challenging moments. Liked it better than the Build-a-Lot series that were my favourites until I discovered this game.

To all those who are stuck: if your trucks are waiting in some of the factories and not going anywhere, it definitely means that there's a missing link somewhere. I've played the game several times and I found no bugs (except for Sandbox mode), so just go through the supply chain and make sure all items are checked (= have a truck assigned to each relevant factory and goods are coming in to allow production).

Hoping for a sequel coming soon.

[Post New]by 24becky24 on Jan 6, 10 12:02 PM
This is an awesome building game. I have played this game for hours and hours and still have many levels left. If you like games that make you think, and want your money's worth... this is the game for you!

Zabre
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Zabre on Jan 6, 10 5:15 PM
Just finished the challenge mode, and have to say this is one of the best games of its type I've played. The levels are long enough and their are enough of them that this game took me plenty of time to complete, not like some that can have every level finished in an evening or two.

And for the high income levels the answer is Busses Lots of busses with short journeys to a leasure building!

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Jan 7, 10 1:11 AM
. .
Totaly addicted to this game.

Can someone come and rescue me?

BenWang
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by BenWang on Jan 10, 10 5:30 PM
PowickE wrote:I am so stuck on level 4-7 where you have not factories, for income. I can't seem to git above 1,500 when I need 6,000!!! Any help at all would be gratefully received.

That level is easy. Just one fully upgraded residential area and stadium and buses. You can actually break 10k mark quiet easily....

[Post New]by Alliecartis on Jan 13, 10 8:15 AM
I seemed to be stuck on 1-11, have gotten everything except the $15.000 to buy the train, have played it over and over and can't seem to get it, any suggestions.

BenWang
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by BenWang on Jan 14, 10 11:34 AM
Alliecartis wrote:I seemed to be stuck on 1-11, have gotten everything except the $15.000 to buy the train, have played it over and over and can't seem to get it, any suggestions.

Bus = income

ladymoon65
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ladymoon65 on Jan 15, 10 12:54 AM

This game is great!! I am 67 and play this and other games like it all the time.

My other favourites are Be Rich and Be Richer. VC does take time to get it right.

I found that to get the income correct you need to get rid of the small houses and

build the biggest ones then upgrate, Leave this as a last thing but keep your trucks moving

even if you have filled your quota of assignments.Just watch out for brakedowns,fires and

medicals

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by girlincanada on Jan 17, 10 11:14 AM
I really liked this game! I got my money's worth and more. I like that there is no time limit to complete each level. I just reached the final level to watch the Space Shuttle take off!

I admit that I didn't get much bonus awards/points for completing it within allotted time, but I can now go back an try to achieve bonus awards for some of the levels. I did manage to get most of the objects like the Stadium, Theatre, etc...without getting the bonus rewards, which was good. I honestly found it relaxing trying to achieve the goals without worrying about bonus rewards. Even the Sandbox is fun, building up cities...

First time I've bought a flash game, but when I saw that it was like the Sims (which I never got as I thought my computers couldn't handle it- don't get high end gaming computers), I knew that I had to get it! Good choice, I will have to look at others. I want the Dire Grove one, but my processer is under 2 ghz...2 1/2 yr old computer.

Thanks Big Fish Games, for keeping me entertained!

Carolyn:-)

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Jan 26, 10 5:15 AM
I usually hate time management games; they tend to annoy me something rotten. But once in a blue moon a time management game comes along which is actually fun to play. This is one such game. It's a joy to play =)

[Post New]by twaineee on Feb 12, 10 8:11 PM
I can't get by the Eureka level. Can't buy any thing. what can I do? help!!

Jencinta
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Jencinta on Feb 14, 10 12:46 PM
I'm a TM junkie, lol. I love TM games. I really like this game, and I bought it. I'm pretty far into the game now, not sure how far, and I got bored. This seem to be getting very repetitive. I'm going to hold off a few days, play some of my other games and come back to it, I hope its just that. Most games I get I cant stop playing until I finish, some take days, some hours, but I dont get bored. We'll see if it strikes me different in a couple of days. I will say though, it is still well worth the money as I have played on this game what seems to be forever before I got to the point that I felt it was repetitive. Was definately a good find.

Valyna
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Valyna on Feb 15, 10 3:14 PM
Though I have probably said I love this game before, I just have to say it again! I have played this all the way through 3 times now and still want to play some more!! WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!

Good job Devs!!

Go to: