Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Silver Tale here.

[Post New]by Romancechick on Sep 22, 16 7:11 AM
The game won't load at all. I have played it and really loved it but suddenly, one day, I clicked on it to play, the screen went to black (which it normally did and stayed that way long enough, even when it was working, that I would wonder if I had actually started it or not). Now it never loads. I have had the computer go to sleep and had to reboot and still the game doesn't load. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but nothing changes. I have played a few other BFG games to make sure it wasn't something with the games in general, but no. Everything else seems to work. I loved Silver Tale and it is annoying that now I can't play it at all, so that money is gone.

Windows 10 (which isn't an issue with anything else)

Nancy

bdc73
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by bdc73 on Oct 6, 16 6:40 PM
I cannot even get the game to run. I keep getting an error 5 notice. I've updated all my drivers and programs. No luck. I'm running on Windows 7.

grimfold
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by grimfold on Oct 14, 16 8:53 PM
Silver Tale is freezing on the opening scene. I use Windows Vista but have never had this problem before. How do I start the game. So annoying!!!!!!!!!

_Les
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by _Les on Nov 5, 16 9:08 AM
I am running the game on latest win 10 update. While on level 90 in casual mode, I exited the game. I have quit in the middle of a level multiple times before with no problems. When I returned to the game everything looked and acted fine with one minor problem. The main part of the game was completely blank. I tried multiple restarts and reinstalls with the same results.

I found the corrupted save file:

( c:\users\"my user name"\AppData\Roaming\SilverTale\save.die).

I moved it elsewhere and restarted the program. It started up with a new save file at level one. So I am running through the levels right from the beginning. For some reason, its going faster this time around. I am saving a copy of two sessions of the save file after each of my sessions running the program, so if the file is corrupted again, I can recover with little loss.

I have the corrupt save file if bf wants a copy of it.

Edited on 11/05/2016 at 9:15:58 AM PST

_Les
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Terrible work around for many of the problems on Silver Tale

[Post New]by _Les on Nov 6, 16 9:19 AM
As I stated on a previous post, many of the problems seem to be he result of corrupt save files.My previous post has a "work around" for this problem.

_Les
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by _Les on Nov 11, 16 8:29 AM
Romancechick wrote:The game won't load at all. I have played it and really loved it but suddenly, one day, I clicked on it to play, the screen went to black (which it normally did and stayed that way long enough, even when it was working, that I would wonder if I had actually started it or not). Now it never loads. I have had the computer go to sleep and had to reboot and still the game doesn't load. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but nothing changes. I have played a few other BFG games to make sure it wasn't something with the games in general, but no. Everything else seems to work. I loved Silver Tale and it is annoying that now I can't play it at all, so that money is gone.

Windows 10 (which isn't an issue with anything else)

Nancy

Many (most) of the problems are due to corrupt save files. Check my post on saving old save files. If I get up the energy, I will report this to bf.

[Post New]by Mermaid1950 on Nov 12, 16 7:32 PM
Hi I bought the game it keeps shutting down, say's run time error, when I start to play matching scene it shuts down, can this be fixed.

bfgIlinalta
1,804 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 13, 16 2:16 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report the issues that are being experienced here so that we can continue providing them to the right teams. It looks like there are numerous issues that we may be able to help with some preliminary troubleshooting steps, and I will also provide a way to reach out to our Support Team if more help is necessary.

First of all, for players who are seeing the game crash, not start, freeze while playing, or display oddly, the following page has a variety of troubleshooting steps that can help address all of those issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For players seeing issues on Windows 10, the following steps are designed with that operating system in mind and may be able to help troubleshoot an issue being seen while playing:

Windows 10

Mermaid1950, I'm sorry a runtime error is occurring. My recommendation is to try the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen steps, especially the steps asking to update drivers or Windows, as that usually helps resolve a runtime error issue.

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I want to recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM any of the active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

bluesycat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Does any one else have a battery crash with this game?

[Post New]by bluesycat on Nov 23, 16 2:52 PM
Running MacBook Pro 15" Retina with Sierra (OS 10.12.1). Been playing Silver Tale for about a ten days, playing an hour or so every day. Today my Mac crashed out with an exhausted battery and overheat. After turning the Mac off to recharge, I checked Activity Monitor with several programs and apps and it's clearly Silver Tale causing the battery crash. I'm very unhappy about that because this is one of the best Match 3 games I've ever played and really want to continue, but can't if it's gonna kill my Mac.

Any thoughts? Thanx.

--sarah

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,949 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 23, 16 3:08 PM
Hi bluesycat, I suspect your laptop just can't handle the game if it is overheating with the battery draining like that. It's unfortunate, but even "casual" games are starting to become extreme resource hogs to where you need a specially designed gaming laptop (often with extra fans built in) if you were to play on a laptop. A typical laptop is designed more for low demand tasks such as web surfing, word processing, etc.

[Post New]by honda143 on Jan 22, 17 1:33 PM
I am at level 50 I was able to play some of it then when I closed the game and opened it again to finish playing all I had was a blue screen. Operating on Windows 7. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled and the blue screen is still there.

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,949 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 22, 17 6:02 PM
Welcome to the pond!

That's a bug that's triggered if you left the same level more than one time. The way to get around it is to pick another level - any one of the previously finished ones will do so you can pick level 1 if you want to make it fast and easy - and replay that one. The game will tell you that you have to sacrifice a life in order to quit your "current" level but since the current level is glitched out you can't play it anyway, so go ahead and give up the life and replay the other board you picked. Once you finish replaying that level you can go back to wherever you were before, in your case level 50 in the map and it'll be OK. You will have to start it over since your progress will have been lost in the blue screen bug but that's the only way to get around it. I try not to exit a level midway if at all possible to avoid this bug.

To get your life back you either have to wait 30 minutes for the life to automatically regenerate or use a phoenix feather to replenish all the lives to full.

[Post New]by honda143 on Jan 25, 17 12:27 PM
Thank you I'm going to try that.

[Post New]by shadowbright on Feb 16, 17 4:45 PM
I'm on a Mac Book Pro, running the Sierra operating system. I started playing Silver Tale while still running the previous operating system, El Capitan. That seemed to work fine. Now my computer runs much hotter when playing the game, and eventually freezes with a big white dot in the middle of the screen. I've tried deleting and reloading the game, and can sometimes make a little progress before there's a problem, but it always returns.

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,949 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 16, 17 5:26 PM
Welcome to the pond!

Someone else posted the same thing a few posts above yours. I don't think the Mac Book Pro is designed to run high demand programs like this game and would suggest you uninstall it before it literally burns up your laptop.

[Post New]by SageThymeBasil on Mar 20, 17 4:23 PM
Playing on a gaming laptop, windows 10. Game acts as though it's opening, but all I get is a black screen. The only 2 BFG's I have had problems with - this one and Imperial Island 3. I don't even know what level I was on, I wasn't paying attention to that. I only know that I was just passing the "volcanic" portion of the map.

[Post New]by brandywine1223 on Apr 21, 17 6:57 PM
There were updates that my lap top went through and when I opened my game it would open into full screen and the screen was black. I followed all of the instructions to see if I could fix this issue, but after your instructions now I can't even open the game at all, I have uninstalled it and everything and nothing works.

What can you do to help me get it back?

Mary McDonald

Go to: