Re:Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise

[Post New]by cplourde2000 on Jan 5, 10 4:04 PM
i am not having any problems with the game except in chapter 4 when on the beach and you find a treasure chest it needs a key to open it and i haven't any in my inventory and i have found all of the items listed. All except the one which is in the chest. Has anyone gotten passed this part if so you can tell me how to open the chest. Thanks. Corinne

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 6, 10 4:50 AM
MEH sums it up for me. Even w/ the brightness turned up that shop was impossibly dark & junkpiled in miniature & I used 3 hints in it. My stupid screw was in a window/doorway behind the fountain & even w/ hint took total random clicking to discover. The hint circles were rather oversized in comparison to the teeny HOs. And then you get a cigarette the size of a bedpost in recompense. Dragging items from inventory got me a lot of "you can't use this here" when I knew darn well that crate wasn't opening sans that crowbar. Waaaay too many inventory items at once, scrolling sideways 4ever trying to find things.

I was told I was "missing pieces" for every minigame & they were almost all "assemble this". I don't mind em but 3 out of 4 that I hit & no pt to playing b/c I got missing pieces?

And 'scuse my dirty mind LOL but on the temple path the stones sounded like they were having a REALLY fine time if ya know what I mean. That breathless moaning was a horrible sound effect....what were they thinkin'?

I so did not need to sit there for 30 secs watching the creepy tattoo'd guy row row row his boat. Usually you can click thru to the next frame but this game refused to do that. The "story" interludes moved slowly & that parchment popping up at the bottom made the scenes load slowly, too.

Graphix OK, music annoying, HOs too cluttered to be that small, scenes dark unless you fiddled w/ brightness level. That's a good idea, but in this case not all that helpful. I remain unamused w/ reloading hints & skips as always. Nothing to write home about IMHO.

Edited on 01/06/2010 at 4:51:35 AM PST

[Post New]by anet54 on Mar 17, 10 2:45 PM
I have to agree with a lot of the posts. This game is very poorly thought out and executed. It runs incredibly slowly on my fairly new iMac, even after doing all the updates BF suggests. Wish I hadn't bought it, but there ya go...

Lucidus
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Lucidus on Apr 23, 10 8:05 AM
I am a little late to this game, due to some technical problems when I first bought it. Like many of the other posters, I was extremely disappointed. It ran very slowly on my Mac and the cursor really lagged, something which particularly bothers me. Sometimes my clicks didn't register. The story line is lame, but you can't skip past the cut scenes. Some of the puzzles are obscure - I don't mean hard to solve, that isn't the issue, but hard to figure out what the heck you are even supposed to do in order to solve them. Worst of all, I didn't enjoy the hidden object scenes (and I usually love **** games, even difficult ones). The graphics just weren't sharp or clear; many of the objects I couldn't see or identify even once I knew exactly where they were (and I have decent vision and an excellent monitor), and finding all the little rocks ("gems") seemed pointless. I regret purchasing this game.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 2:48 PM
I bought this game when first came out, I had no problem with it, the game was fun and a littler bit challenging.

I had the first one so this one was a plus to have.

Go to: