Re:*Spoiler Alert* Walkthrough for puzzle levels

[Post New]by mommyspew on Jul 8, 16 3:31 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Nevermind, I just figured it out. Unfortunately, when I went back for the replay and finally got it in 12, the game then froze and I had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and use the task manager to close the game down...so now it won't ever give me that last badge and I'm permanently stuck at 199/200 badges. Arrgh!!! So I guess if you are a game completist who must get everything - make sure you do this correct solution the first time around in level 199 or the game will glitch out on you!!!

The correct solution for level 199:

1) Stones top right
2) L-match the blue bottles at top right
3) M4 blue bottles in center
4) Move the log tile near the center one space to the left (this moves the fish over one space to right)
5) Shields in center
6) Fish
7) Logs
8) Shields
9) M4 blue bottles
10) Double click the bomb
11) Drag amphora on the left 1 space to left
12) Drag last amphora down 1 space

Edited on 07/08/2016 at 3:32:41 PM PST

[Post New]by mommyspew on Jul 8, 16 3:35 PM
I followed your solution to a "T" and it did not work for me. What am I doing wrong.

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 8, 16 3:45 PM
Welcome to the pond!

Someone else posted the same thing at the top of page 4 of this thread; scroll back there and check my reply to them. If that's not it you'll have to provide more details on how it is you're not having the solution work.

[Post New]by mommyspew on Jul 9, 16 12:38 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Hi MHa4791913, I think you might be missing move #4. For that you make a vertical match of the logs such that the fish goes over one space right. If you make a horizontal log match it doesn't work. You should have one amphora and a bomb from the earlier moves. If you don't have both of those you either missed matching all 4 blue bottles in the center previous or you didn't match out all the blue bottles in the top right corner. Near the end there will be a singleton fish over on the left side of the puzzle, but you'll make a second amphora on that side to blow that and something else up.

[Post New]by mommyspew on Jul 9, 16 12:41 PM
Thanks a lot SynthpopAddict I finally got it

Bander234
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Bander234 on Jul 11, 16 9:02 AM
I can't make your solution to level 199 work. I've done steps 1, 2, 3, and 4 with no problem. However, if I do step 4, it matches the fish, and while I can match shields in center for step 5, there isn't a match for fish for step 6. For step 7, I can do logs at the top of the screen, or logs in the lower right. But nothing I do seems to work after step 4. I've made it this far with every badge, and hope to be able to get back into the game (I left after a restart, not a skip, so maybe..). Any help would be appreciated.

And thanks so much for all of your work on this thread - I would not have made it this far without your assistance!

Bander234
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Bander234 on Jul 11, 16 10:01 AM
Never mind - I just figured it out! Thanks again!

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,754 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jul 29, 16 3:30 AM
Firstly, I must thank you SynthpopAddict for all your hard work & generosity in posting the solutions to the puzzles. I was able to do many of them but there were quite a few I checked your solution as I couldn't find the 'corner stone'.

Level 199 has me fully blocked even with your assistance! I have carefully followed your steps but after 'step 5' when I swap the shield to make a match, there is no way for me to make a match with fish!

I doubt you're checking this thread now so I'll keep pulling my hair out!

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 29, 16 6:12 AM
Hi Kamana_29, you're welcome and I'm not sure what you're missing unless you missed move #4 with the logs. I updated my earlier post again. When I do it everything works and the moves from #5 on should be pretty self explanatory.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,754 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jul 29, 16 2:11 PM
Thank you very much for replying.

I don't know how I'm missing any of your steps as I've written your instructions for puzzle 199 in long hand so I can check the steps as I go.

I ensure I make a vertical M3 with the logs (the fish tile goes to the right). That leaves me with 2 fish tiles on the top & 1 fish tile off to the centre which goes 1 space to the left when I make the shields vertical match in the centre.

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 29, 16 4:19 PM
Hm, that's the first I've heard of the solution not working...don't know if maybe there are different versions of the game out there but this is what I do in more detail:

1) On the top right corner horizontal match the stones
2) There are now 5 blue bottles in the top right to make an L match with - match all those out to make a bomb
3) Underneath the hole in the board with a patch of grass in it, there are 4 blue bottles. Horizontal match all 4 of those to get an amphora.
4) Near the bottom are 2 ice cubes. One has a log tile above it. Move that log tile one space to the left to make a vertical log match. This makes a lot of things up top disappear.
5) Vertical match the shields that are above the 2 ice cubes.
6) On the right there are vertical matches of fish and logs near 3 wood boxes. Make the vertical match of the fish which clears out the right side and drops the bomb all the way to the bottom.
7) On the left side there's 2 wood boxes. The lower one has a vertical match of logs by it. Make that log match.
8) Next to the upper wood box on the left side there's a vertical match of shields. Make that shield match which will also break the upper wood box.
9) There are now 4 blue bottles in the bottom left corner by the lower wood box to match vertically. This breaks the wood box and creates an amphora.
10) Double click the bomb.
11) Drag the amphora on the left one space left.
12) Drag the last amphora down one space.

If that isn't working you must have a different level than I do.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,754 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jul 29, 16 5:50 PM
Yah!!! I did it! ALL thanks to you SynthpopAddict!

When I read your edited steps, I realised I'd been moving the wrong wood tile! I'd moved the wood tile near the bracket (thus moving the fish tile at the same time). I thought the vertical wood tile match I had to make was the bracketed tile & those above it!

I feel so dumb now I thought I'd tried every combination of matches but obviously, you have to do the matches exactly in order otherwise it won't work!

Thank you, thank you & thank you! Honestly, those words just do not express my appreciation for your help. I could never have done it without you.

Kam

Edited on 07/29/2016 at 5:54:10 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 29, 16 8:51 PM
You're most welcome Kam, glad you got it!

I don't know why I didn't include the ice cube reference back in April when I first wrote the solution. Quite a few people have missed move #4 and having the ice cube reference would most likely have saved some confusion.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,754 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jul 29, 16 9:18 PM
Well, I don't know why I kept making the wrong vertical wood tile column! I was being so careful about doing 'Step 4' that it never occurred to me, I was doing 'Step 4' to the wrong tile!

I feel all is right with the world now (even though I know it's really not). I'd been trying to solve this puzzle for over a few hours before succumbing to checking your solution & then I kept trying to do what I thought was correct for another few hours before posting here

Kam

Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Zork1 on Aug 3, 16 12:15 PM
Did you turn this in as a glitch?
After trying multiple times and waiting for time warner to fix their problem, I tried this and it worked (THANK YOU). I was starting to lose my mind. However, the game froze for me, had to use task master to close it and still haven't gotten the badge.
Guess I need to start over as a different player.

SynthpopAddict wrote:Nevermind, I just figured it out. Unfortunately, when I went back for the replay and finally got it in 12, the game then froze and I had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and use the task manager to close the game down...so now it won't ever give me that last badge and I'm permanently stuck at 199/200 badges. Arrgh!!! So I guess if you are a game completist who must get everything - make sure you do this correct solution the first time around in level 199 or the game will glitch out on you!!!

The correct solution for level 199:

1) Stones top right
2) L-match the blue bottles at top right
3) M4 blue bottles in center
4) Move the log tile that is sitting on top of an ice cube one space to the left for a vertical match of logs (this moves the fish over one space to right). Don't make a horizontal match!!!
5) Shields in center
6) Fish
7) Logs
8) Shields
9) M4 blue bottles
10) Double click the bomb
11) Drag amphora on the left 1 space to left
12) Drag last amphora down 1 space

Edited on 08/03/2016 at 12:21:12 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 3, 16 2:30 PM
I believe it is a glitch with the game not your computer but it's not likely to get patched. In further experiences with the game I've found that it doesn't freeze so long as you did not badge level 200 before earning the other 199 badges.

Edited on 08/03/2016 at 2:33:09 PM PST

ardu
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ardu on Aug 18, 16 1:03 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Level 68: Stones on right. You have to love watching this!

Level 73:

1) On the middle left side there is a cluster of logs with a shield tile in the middle of them. Make a horizontal match by moving the top center log tile (the one immediately above the shield).
2) Stones in top left corner
3) There are now 2 vertical matches of grapes; one near the center that’s up a bit higher, and one closer to the right. Make the vertical match of the upper center one first.
4) Vertical match the lower set of grapes.
5) Shields
6) Stones

Apologies for any weird formatting issues. I've been saving these to a Word document on my computer as I go along and copying/pasting the text here. Also because the forums don't allow posting overly quickly I had to compile a few levels into each post to save time.

[Post New]by reidun70 on Aug 22, 16 10:42 AM
Thank you

candiqqq
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by candiqqq on Oct 18, 16 11:26 AM
Am I the ONLY one that has blue bottles on lvl 24 puzzle?? the cheat solution does not even mention them.

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 18, 16 1:17 PM
Hi Candiqqq, you don't need to do anything with the blue bottles in level 24. Not all the playing tiles are mentioned in the solutions, only the ones you need to move.

Go to: