ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:Welcome to The White House forum

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Jan 12, 10 4:58 AM
Just wondering - has had a chance to iron out the technical probs with this game yet please?

Would love to give it another go..

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

Welcome to The White House forum

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jan 12, 10 5:05 AM
I thought that this would be useful for all players. I received it in an e-mail from the producers of the game.
Update on problems found.

Thank you for purchasing The White House, and we are sorry to hear you have run into problems with the game. We have delivered an update patch to address issues that have been reported on the forums. We are not told when the patched version will go online, however, but the update was delivered to the publisher today.

In regards to the navigation issues with the journal and map, unfortunately those were changes dictated to us by the focus group reviewers. We are evaluating changes that we will be permitted to make to simplify the navigation.

Please let us know if the next patch corrects these issues for you, and again we are sorry to hear of the difficulty you have had with the game. We sincerely put a lot of care and attention to the creation of the product and would like to build a fun and educational experience for our clients!

Best Regards,
Spark Plug Games Support

I hope that this information is helpful to all.

Edited on 01/12/2010 at 5:07:17 AM PST

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Jan 12, 10 8:36 AM

I played this on a free hour at the weekend with no problems, didnt rock my boat im afraid, so wont bother buying it, a bit like Buckingham Palace, lost interest and uninstalled it.

[Post New]by cleetaz on Jan 12, 10 12:33 PM
This game needs work- I was stuck in a box in the Professor's Study where I couldn't access anything to the right or the bottom of the screen.

dazrite1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by dazrite1 on Jan 12, 10 1:43 PM
THE GAME WORKED FINE UNTIL I PURCHASED IT. IT FREEZES AS SOON AS I GOT THE MIRROR AT THE WHITE HOUSE. THAT WAS IT! I CLOSED DOWN THE COMPUTER TO TRY AGAIN AND I HAD TO START WITH THE LIST AGAIN AT THE WHITE HOUSE.
GAME DEFINITELY NEEDS SOME WORK!

[Post New]by msintl47 on Jan 12, 10 1:46 PM
Game froze up in the second room

[Post New]by cheyennegirl on Jan 12, 10 3:41 PM
I just down loaded the trail offer and like many many others, I cannot pick-up the hammer off the work in the inventory, to open the desk? If the fixes were done, it may be a pretty interesting game.

[Post New]by taylormaid on Jan 12, 10 4:08 PM
8984481 wrote:Julie, the same thing happened to me. What do I do now?

troia45
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by troia45 on Jan 12, 10 4:41 PM
I did enjoy the demo time and it did
freeze up the first time I went into it.
Would also like to know when the fix will
be coming out. I will wait till it comes out
to buy. Thanks for all the input fishies,
I thought it was my computer.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 12, 10 5:46 PM
I think that when they DO fix this game, it will be a long time before I even think of buying it.
This is getting old.
This game is just so full of holes. I figured it should have been pulled from the download section and from the Forum until there is a fix.
If I was new to BFG I would probably buy this game within minutes not bothering to check the Forum for bugs.

[Post New]by scottie24 on Jan 12, 10 5:59 PM
I purchased this game and it is frozen and I can't get the cursor to respond. What do I do?

[Post New]by nichosh on Jan 12, 10 7:36 PM
I too have provlems with this game, my cursor can only get to part of the screen, very frustrating as was trialling it. Hope they fix it as it looks interesting.

chooky35
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by chooky35 on Jan 13, 10 12:07 AM
I thought the game started fairly well, and was interested to play for the 60mins, but I also had curser issues....

Game continues to lock up.....

[Post New]by sassy2777 on Jan 13, 10 2:25 AM
.....has this issue been resolved yet?!

muso
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Welcome to The White House forum

[Post New]by muso on Jan 13, 10 3:01 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to The White House forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The White House players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

I couldn't even get past the first screen - managed to type in name but cursor wouldn't move over to the menu on the right for me to press 'play'

djensen
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by djensen on Jan 13, 10 5:48 AM
I WONT TO THANK YOU ALL THAT HELP GET THROUGH THE GAME IT'S A GOOD GAME AFTER YOU GET OVER THE FREEZEING UP AND NOT ENOUGHT INFORMATION TO DO ALL THE GAME AT THE LAST HAFT SOMEONE WAS SMARTER THAN ME HAD FINISH IT AND HELP OUT OTHERS THANK YOU ALL THAT HELP

[Post New]by 3jsandak on Jan 13, 10 1:33 PM
Is this game fixed yet?

Jacelyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Jacelyn on Jan 13, 10 1:45 PM
sinshack wrote:For those who get stuck on the lawn - go to the Journal and chose a new location from the map!

This was a real "Duh" for me - I uninstalled the game and replayed it from the start, and noted the pop-up about using the journal to go to new locations on the map. Since we didn't have to do that in any other part of the game, I completely forgot about it!

I'm posting this in the other forum on this subject, so more people who are having the problem can see it.

Julie S.

Thanks, Sinshack! After your fishy post, everything fell into place. I hadn't realized I needed to find the articles in the rooms AGAIN before it would allow me to collect the mirrors from each place.

As far as glitches, I had none... I also have Vista and I DO know what folks mean about it 'finding' things. I did not ever get Word Jong (I think it was) to play for me! But, the fine folks at Big Fish credited me with the purchase and I was able to purchase a different game. I still wish I could play it, but I am thankful for the awesome service from Big Fish!

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jan 13, 10 6:38 PM
With the help of a Techie, I got the problem with the screen being too far over to the rgiht fixed, but now, when I click on a Fun Fact, the window won't disappear. I have clicked on the inside, outside and in the corners of the fun facts window but it doesn't disappear. I have even clicked around it. The only way to make it disappear is to click on the ? mark in the items list thingy. I don't know what it's called. If I click on that the window that tells what the various help tools are pops up. When i exit from the the other window closes too That gets tedious real fast. I won't be buying the game until everything gets fixed. There's too many problems with the game to take any chances right now.

I have never known a game to have so many problems. Like others are saying, they must not have tested it before they sent it on.

gleyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by gleyn on Jan 14, 10 11:26 AM
I don't get it. I got to the lawn and got one mirror. Now I want to find the other mirrors but when I got to another room, there are still items listed. Has anyone finished this game? I'd like to know how it ends.

Thanks for any help,
Gleyn

Go to: