talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

Re:The Fall Trilogy comments and reviews

[Post New]by talisman018 on Jan 13, 10 1:49 PM
dippy1 wrote:
Lynnet67 wrote:Love this game, a definite buy for me...

helppppppppppppp i am so stuck on pointing the mirrors can any one help

I'm sorry, I didn't map it out when I did it, but I can tell you the order of the rooms: Pit, Fresco, Columns, Falls, Columns, Tripod. That should help you get started.

Best of luck!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 13, 10 6:53 PM
OMG.....are you kidding me?

Is this labeled a HOG just to get HOGgers to demo? It's not a HOG. It's not even an IHOG. It makes Princess Isabella look like freakin' Huntsville! I laughed when I exited after 10 min & it said it would save my progress....what progress? Spinning around & around? Call it what it is....it's an LFA! Don't toy w/ me by mislabeling it a HOG.

No option to turn off custom cursor, which was floaty & jerky. Everytime the guy talked you couldn't click him off or keep arrowing around until he was done. Not that he was telling me anything useful yet. "Something's missing"....yeah, that's real helpful, TYVM. Find your own memory if you're so clever LOL Sound was really loud & it took 4ever to get to Options to turn it down b/c of initial load time.

Voice acting was realistic & graphix were good, but I'm not playing a game that hasn't developed any real storyline in 10 min time to grab me, nor am I willing to look at a walkthru for every little thing. Once in a while a glance, maybe, but not constantly. C'mon over Kheops & just play it for me whydontcha? Those of you who like to plunge into darkness w/o a flashlight will love this lack of any direction. I'm not that person, sorry. Walkthrus are "cheating" as far as I'm concerned & I don't see the pt in playing by the numbers instead of really playing. A nudge in the rt direction would be nice at the start, at least.

needs to re-label this as an adventure game.

ellih
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by ellih on Jan 13, 10 7:09 PM
I really enjoyed this game. Bought it after doing the 1 hour demo. I thought the graphics were great and the puzzles were challenging. This game may not be for everyone as it is more adventure than HOG. I am looking forward to the rest of the chapters.

[Post New]by ladygt701 on Jan 14, 10 4:48 AM
I'm running the game on a XP platform. It's best not to change the full screen option or your cursor will become jerkey. My problem is that I get stuck in certain rooms. I no longer get directional arrows or can use the 360 option. I purchased the game so I've tried re-downloading the game and the same thing happens. I'm deep in the game now, maybe almost at the end, and once again I'm stuck in a room where I cannot get out. I hope the creators come up with a patch for this problem. (if they do that sort of thing here.) Another thing is I needed the walkthrough for most of the game. It would be a much better game if it was more user friendly. I'm a little sorry that I made th purchase.

[Post New]by pambevles on Jan 14, 10 6:45 AM
I liked the game but was disappointed to have finished it in just over 5 hours. That's ok if we get the next 2 parts for free but it's expensive for just 1 part.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jan 14, 10 7:10 AM
AUGH!! I hate the ending. Wasn't expecting to have to wait for a second one. Good game though.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Jan 15, 10 7:42 AM
Although I think this game has possibilities, it's not for me. I've been able to solve the puzzles I've encountered without using hints, but endlessly looping through the scenes in search of very small pieces of objects is making me rather bored with the game. I know I'm making progress, but the eye strain isn't worth it. On top of that, I find the guy's narration rather annyoing.

Not for me, but I'm glad others are enjoying it.

Edited on 01/15/2010 at 7:44:17 AM PST

[Post New]by beginnerno1 on Jan 15, 10 8:11 AM
I need help. I am stuck. I have the pulleys together, the weight balanced, but can't remove the stone. I am not able to see what I have missed so I can move forward.

[Post New]by beginnerno1 on Jan 15, 10 8:15 AM
I have never seen an option to "restart" the game. I am just hopelessly stuck.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jan 16, 10 2:06 AM
Wow, what a gorgeous game, albeit slightly overwhelming and dizzying (I would never dare try it with 360.)

Go figure, my four-year-old laptop runs it perfectly so far. I've played about 45 minutes, made it through about three or four puzzles.

I'm all about puzzles in an adventure format so the only bummer for me is having to find 20 objects in-between, but it's worthwhile.

Thank you so much to those who pointed out that 1. restarting the harder puzzles gives the "easy" option and 2. the space bar skips dialog (which wasn't bad to begin with.)

I have a question. Perhaps I should post it in the "can't run" thread too. It seems a lot of people have technical issues with the game. For those who do, did the problems start from the beginning or set in later on? I don't want to use my next credit on it if I'm likely to have trouble later. I'm pretty amazed at my luck so far -- any guesses if it will stick? I promise I won't be mad if anyone guesses wrong.

Thanks in advance, my fellow fishies!

Edit: If it's helpful to anyone, a possible reason for my luck is that I'm obsessive about running system updates, cleaning out registry errors and other junk, defragging, etc. Maybe it's making things smooth, I don't know, but it can't hurt.

On the other hand it won't run at all properly on my netbook but I didn't expect it to

Edited on 01/16/2010 at 2:25:21 AM PST

[Post New]by beginnerno1 on Jan 16, 10 7:32 AM
I see comments about resetting a puzzle or game. How do you do that. I can't find that option anywhere. Also can't find option on any of my scenes to put in the "easy" option. Help.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jan 16, 10 1:33 PM
beginnerno1, I don't have it on my screen now (I'm saving my last few demo minutes until I'm sure) but if I recall, under the puzzles there's a thing that looks like the "refresh" icon in Firefox? There may also be an X to skip or exit from the puzzle? Anyway when you click refresh, on the harder puzzles it gives you an option of "normal" or "easy."

I hope that's helpful but if not the walkthrough would do a much better job explaining it. Good luck!

tretein5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tretein5 on Jan 16, 10 6:59 PM
This game won't open for me, keeps going back to the BF game manager. Darn, and I've got two more game credits to use!!!! UGH!

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Jan 18, 10 7:10 PM
Does the voice-over in The Fall Trilogy sound familiar to anyone? I think it sounds like the Detective from the show Medium. OK, I'll just play to the end credits to find out.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jan 18, 10 9:30 PM
Loved the game. Sorry, Biomix but I couldn't tolerate "White House" The puzzles were a bit hard, at least for me, but I liked that it wasn't too easy. Only thing was the mirrors. I found that almost impossible to do without the walkthrough and that's a little unfair to players. Can't wait for the next installment!

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Jan 24, 10 10:48 PM
Pros: Gorgeous graphics, and I loved the 360 outlook that didn't sacrifice detail for speed. I'm running it on a netbook (with an external monitor, without which it would have been impossible) with not the fastest processor. No lag, no latency. Well-written engine. Puzzles seemed just hard enough (the last one was REALLY tough, I thought, but I managed it without a hint). Good hint system - I really like that when you can't figure out what the object is, the first level hint tells you that and still leaves you the fun of solving the puzzle. Needed that for the statues wall.

Cons: some of the puzzle objectives were not entirely apparent from "fair" gameplay and required a hint. Some of the hidden objects were too well hidden - occasionally a sprinkle of light helped. Nice touch. Lost my hat and whip on the first run by attempting to use them on the statue wall. They just went away. Had to restart. Music beautiful but a little repetitive (it took me awhile to solve some of the puzzles, so maybe it was my fault).

Overall: Terrific entry even if the ending was a little frustrating. 8 out of 10, maybe.

BTW, for those tired of the sister/aunt/niece thing, I checked on the BFG Wiki article and it said the demographic for casual games is 74% female. Surprised me a little, but that explains it. I did like the relative novelty of a male POV but I don't know if it was actually necessary. The gender-neutral thing works just fine for the MCF games.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Nov 7, 10 8:50 AM
bump

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 7, 10 10:28 AM
Sorry, But not for me. Not a bad game, but too linear. For instance, I saw some ties on the ground, but character refused to pick them up for no reason. A few scenes later, gues what the game wanted me to search for. the tile I had tried to pick up earlier.
Just not my type of adventure. Lots of good points, but the one deal breaker is linearity, I like to be free to roam an adventure

[Post New]by Lauradelenn on Nov 7, 10 1:49 PM
I really enjoyed this game!

I thought that it was nice to have a mix of an adventure game and HOG; I find most HOGs to be too static and, as the poster above me stated, too linear and most adventure games to be too frustrating. As a busy working mom, I've only got so much time to dedicate to games and straight adventure games require too much of a time commitment for me, unfortunately.

As for the positives and negatives both, my comments will likely echo what's already been written:

Positives - the graphics were gorgeous, the music was appropriate and inobstrusive and the puzzles challenging but not too hard. I did not find the mirrors puzzle to be too terribly hard, though it was more frustrating than most of the others in this game.

I appreciated the storyline and liked how we were reminded of it from time to time.

Probably my main complaint is one that I have with many HOGs; objects that are too small and/or hidden in very dark places so that there's no real chance of seeing them. That's really annoying, and not playing fair with the gamer.

This also was a shorter game; I completed it in 4.5 hours. I used some hints, and perhaps three clues, but no walkthrough, so this was definitely a smaller/shorter game. If I'd paid $7 dollars for it, I'd have been annoyed; at the $3 Daily Special price, it was perfect.

I'm looking forward to the next 2 chapters......

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 7, 10 2:01 PM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks for digging this thread up from the bottom of the sea. I'm going to go ahead and sticky it so that it will be easier for everyone to find your comments and reviews.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Also, some additional reviews can be found in this thread as well:

DD - Fall Trilogy - Comments/Reviews Anyone?

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Go to: