Re:Welcome to Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition forum

[Post New]by summertimefairys on Jan 15, 10 7:04 PM
the clicking on this game is way off and it makes the game annoying to play!

Edited on 01/19/2010 at 9:15:25 PM PST

[Post New]by nbihun on Jan 15, 10 7:22 PM
Like this game very much along with Dire but not Poe's. What a waste of $20.00 bucks. Not all games are worth it.

Edited on 01/15/2010 at 7:23:58 PM PST

[Post New]by Michael63 on Jan 15, 10 7:25 PM
I found the same annoying thing with the curser it did not line up with the item, you had to click above it for the most part and when you clicked on the right item it did not respond as found, maybe the cheap version they will correct it.

[Post New]by PlayPond on Jan 15, 10 11:26 PM
MOUSE CLICK & POINTER HELP

We just posted about this in the main forum but will duplicate it here for anyone having mouse difficulties with the game. Thanks!

PlayPond wrote:Hello Everyone,

Thank you for bringing the mouse clicking issue to our attention. We have managed to isolate the problem to a particular combination of operating system and hardware. This only applies when attempting to run the game in full screen mode.

While we understand that this may be extremely frustrating for those wanting to play the game, we have a temporary solution:

1) Launch the game
2) Wait for the title screen to appear
3) Press ALT+TAB to return to the desktop
4) Switch back to the game (click on it on your Taskbar)

Alternatively, you can also play the game in Windowed mode. To select Windowed mode, please go into OPTIONS from the Main Menu and select Windowed under the Display heading.

We are working on a fix that will address this issue. The forum moderators will announce when a new release is made available and you will also be notified through Game Manager that there is a critical update.

Your patience is much appreciated and we would also like to thank the numerous forum members for helping their fellow game players out and bringing this to our attention. Please direct any other issues to Customer Support, they're here to help you!

Thank you,
Developers of Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd

Edited on 01/15/2010 at 11:47:22 PM PST

cathmaree
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cathmaree on Jan 15, 10 11:30 PM
Well what's up Bigfish. I have numerous problems with my trial Sweeny Todd. The help button won't work when I tried it on the hidden objects. I could not grab the piece of the map in the street and the clicker doesn't line up many times. What's up. I am not going to buy this until it is fixed. Let me know!

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jan 16, 10 12:23 AM
I agree with the poster who said the releasing CE games is a form of marketing manipulation and I am in favour of boycotting them. I have bought the regular versions of those that have been offered already and so happy I didn't spend the extra dollars. Would far rather save the difference for another game. That's what it boils down to in these difficult financial times. Pay attention to how you spend your money and what you receive.

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Jan 16, 10 1:39 AM
There is a sticky tread here that explains the Vista mouse issue (with a video chipset found "mostly" in laptops).
There is an immediate work-around and there is a ew version being tested that should be released soon.

paul

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 16, 10 5:27 AM
pocojazz wrote:I have bought the collectors edition for dire grove and the poe game. Dire Grove definitely worth it. I wish there had been one for return to ravenhearst. I love the integrated strategy guide because you don't have to go all the way out of the game or print things out to get hints if you need them.
Poco

When I use the walk-thru, I just Alt-Tab between the game and the walk-thru. Occasionally, when there is a complex puzzle to solve that I'm just NOT getting, I will print just tht part of the walk-thru so I don't have to toggle.

On the worth of a CE issue:
One other poster gave a breakdown of the cost of a CE, with the game $6.99, the strategy guide $6.99, and the extras $6.01. I think most of us see it more as $6.99 for the game and $13 for the extras, because the strategy guides just are NOT worth buying. You can always find a walk-thru somewhere on the internet if BFG does not have one (FOR FREE) listed for a game.

For me, the CE just is not worth it. It could be worth it if it included a CD of the game, but paying nearly 3 times as much for the CE just doesn't seem reasonable. Do you get nearly 3 times as much game play, or even twice as much? Never. And does anybody use the wallpapers? I like my Grand Canyon wallpaper from a family trip there, which replaced a Tooth of Time from a trip a few years ago - a game wallpaper is just useless fluff to me.

So, IMHO, I won't be buying any CE's unless the rules change and they either include a backup CE in the cost or they drop the price to no more than twice the original version price.

Julie S.

Edited on 01/16/2010 at 5:30:42 AM PST

[Post New]by nocturnalrites on Jan 16, 10 5:47 AM
OLDBAY wrote:
cll1950 wrote:
OLDBAY wrote:I have 38 min left on the demo , was it just (me) I spent 5 min. clicking on the nail , then I realized that it was the cursor ... very jerky , with that in mind , I have to say it's a no buy for 20$ but might reconsider for 7 $..Let me know if anyone else encountered this cursor problem ..Don't like being the odd man.. OUT.. fish like to drink too ! so cheers !!!

No, I had the same problem on several things. Can't imagin how much "over clicking" it would cause in the challenging mode. I think I'm the odd man out here. I didn't think the graphics were that great, especially for playing the **** puzzles. Seemed too grainy.

yes same trouble with cursor and even thinking its my comp.Dont mind paying for extra, but this game hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I am not so sure...

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Jan 16, 10 1:14 PM
tuttepeever wrote:I agree with the poster who said the releasing CE games is a form of marketing manipulation and I am in favour of boycotting them. I have bought the regular versions of those that have been offered already and so happy I didn't spend the extra dollars. Would far rather save the difference for another game. That's what it boils down to in these difficult financial times. Pay attention to how you spend your money and what you receive.

Boycott the right to chose to buy or not to buy? What marketing manipulation? Isn't BFG giving its customers a choice of a purchasing either a collector version or a regular version? Okay maybe not at the same time but what's a few weeks? If "difficult financial times" means not being able to afford something than don't buy it. Very simple. This situation has been addressed so many times on these boards. I just don't get why there's a problem. Somebody explain it to me "like I'm a six-year" old. I'm not trying to be rude at all. I just don't understand. I'm lost.

AgnesKite
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by AgnesKite on Jan 16, 10 2:06 PM
Honestly, I don't understand all the fuming over this issue either.

It seems to me that we all have a choice to either spend $20 to get the game and some extra content weeks before its scheduled release date, or wait to pay the regular amount when the game is released to the general public. Well, if the CE versions of games didn't exist, then we'd all just be waiting until the $6.99 version was released anyway, and would never have known that we were waiting, so anyone who bought a CE game because they didn't want to wait chose to do so, whatever the consequences.

As for buying the CE versions and feeling cheated afterward, while I was originally miffed that BFG was unable to support demos for the CE games, they have already addressed this issue, which takes care of my only problem with CEs. We can now try out collector's edition games instead of having to wait until the regular version launched before deciding whether or not to purchase the CE. If you really truly were disappointed with the game you bought because you were unable to try it before purchasing, talk to BFG and see what they will do for you--from what I understand, they are fairly sensible people who value good customer service.

If anyone was disappointed with the extra content they received with a CE, they can't claim complete ignorance. BFG posts a detailed list of what the extras include on the forums, so you should have a fair idea of what you're getting ahead of time, if you take the time to check. My only further suggestion to avoid disappointment in the future is to allow people to purchase the extras separate from the game, the same way we can purchase the strategy guide separately. That way we can have even more choices for what game content we buy.

I can understand people being frustrated if there are serious glitches or gameplay issues. However, I do not support all the angry posts by people who are blaming BFG for choices they made and now regret. BFG is just offering us more options, and if anyone is upset as a result, then they simply should choose not to buy and leave it at that.

lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lesley234 on Jan 16, 10 3:24 PM
lynnestock wrote:Is it really worth the difference in price buying the Collectors Edition? I am relatively new (12 months) to BigFish, so not sure. I bought MCF Collectors Edition but haven't played it yet. I would be grateful for any direction on this.

lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lesley234 on Jan 16, 10 3:44 PM
The snarky bits( sarcastic) are fun when you take too long or make a misclick. The voice is at times not to clear and makes me wonder if his English at all.
I really loved this game. Have not spent so many hours with out at least a small break.
Hope Penny Dreadfuls continues to be a buy for BF.

ras7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ras7777 on Jan 16, 10 4:17 PM
Great game, loved it. Disappointed with collectors edition. I thought it would have extra h/o scenes and extra puzzles, but it just lets you replay all the h/o scenes and puzzles you already did in the game. Also allows you to play the music and cut scenes apart from the game. Not worth the extra $$ to me.

Edited on 01/16/2010 at 4:19:14 PM PST

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Jan 16, 10 4:21 PM
ras7777 wrote:Great game, loved it. Disappointed with collectors edition. I thought it would have extra h/o scenes and extra puzzles, but it just lets you replay all the h/o scenes and puzzles you already did in the game. Also allows you to play the music and cut scenes apart from the game. Not worth the extra $$ to me.

It actually does have several additional **** scenes (two I think) and puzzles (another two I think), they are just out called out as such when you are playing.

[Post New]by nkjohnston on Jan 16, 10 4:30 PM
Has anyone had problems getting the trial to open? I've done nothing new to computer, and other games work fine. I've deleted, reinstalled over and over and it won't run.

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Jan 16, 10 5:37 PM
Bought MCF DG and was delighted with it, bought EAP and liked it....bought this game and am disappointed. The graphics are beautiful, except in the hidden object areas, where they are dark (even with my brightness turned up to 89%). The objects are not clearly seen as in other games, and have found errors --looked for a long time for a "helm" which, when I finally took a hint turned out to be a helmet! Other errors like this make me wonder if they just rushed the game out without enough testing.

I bought the game after playing the demo, and thought that even though it was hard to see, there were no time limits so it would work. Found out I do NOT like the scoring--grading you on your play! Since the objects are not always represented clearly, a lot of extra clicking should not be downgraded!

The music is beautiful though, and I will play this game out, but will be a lot more careful before buying another CE that is not from MCF.

For those who are complaining about the CE games, it is no different than if you buy other things, such as movies with "extras" included. If you are not willing or interested, just wait for the regular game. BF has NOT taken away anything they have offered--there is still a regular $6.99 game offered every day (even when there is a CE the same day). they have just offered another gaming experience for those interested. And extra fun--the morphing objects in MCF DG were really fun!
I do hope that there won't be a lot of CEs coming out though, because I won't be able to keep up because of the price.

[Post New]by woodawooda on Jan 16, 10 6:40 PM
This is a great game. Will be one of my favorites this year I bet. The quality of the game is top notch. I love that they took such a story and made it into an interesting game. I hope that the penny dreadful series continues. I love this game.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Jan 16, 10 6:58 PM
Bigfishette wrote:It seems to me if I've already purchased six games this month and then I buy the CE of Sweeny Todd and get three more credits logic tells me I can afford to buy 3 more games this month and get two free games in February.

Huh? That is logical, but it doesn't work that way, You are describing how I wish it would be.

How it really is, is that I purchased 6 games this month and then the Sweeney Todd CE. I still get one credit in February, not two, no matter how many more games I purchase this month (which will be zero).

What's to complain about?

Mainly that it's not so bad to lose one credit, but kind of hurts to lose 3?

Don't see any reason to carryover anything from month-to-month.

But what you described above IS carrying over credits from month to month. Yes, if I could buy 3 more games and get 2 free games in February, what you call "logic tells me" (and I agree), I'd be happy too.

I am delighted BFG is giving me three credits for a CE game. That's awesome.

Can you see why I'm not delighted (on my own behalf) when it isn't giving me three, or ANY, credits? And like I said, it was one thing to lose a single credit -- not so easy to write off when it's 3.

As to whether or not I buy six games to get a free game next month has never influenced my decision as what games or how many I buy. If I get the free game next month that's cool. If I don't that's cool too. I guess I'm living in lala land because I just don't see the problem.

Maybe one reason you don't see the problem is because you don't understand how it works, from what you wrote above. On the other hand, if you're indifferent as to credits and free games, I don't see why you think the 3x punches for a CE is awesome either?

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Jan 16, 10 7:05 PM
summertimefairys wrote:Oh and just and FYI for anyone who is just trying this game out and they dont plan on buying the collectors edition make sure that you dont hit the buy it now once your trial is done because it will purchase the collectors edition!

pretty slick there BIGFISH!

But the CE is the only game available now. It makes sense that when you hit "Buy It Now" you buy the game which you CAN buy now, i.e. the CE.

With all due respect, I don't find that "slick". I don't see how they could do it any other way

(As far as I know, there is no pre-ordering of games on BF.)

Go to: