abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

Re:Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond

[Post New]by abarrett on Feb 1, 10 8:07 PM
Despite the first few negative comments, I decided to play the demo. To my surprise, I enjoyed the game. I didn't have any problems with the cursor or with the game being slow. I liked the comic book style of the graphics and that most of the objects were appropriate for the time period. Storyline was interesting, and the puzzles were a tad on the easy side for me, but that didn't bother me too much. My only complaint is that if you were in a hidden object scene in order to find an item you needed to complete a task, the needed object was listed first and easy to find. Plus, you still needed to complete the scene before being able to complete the task. I like to find a needed item and complete the task before I forget what I was supposed to do next.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Feb 2, 10 5:08 PM
All games have minimum system requirements. It sounds like those having trouble don't meet them for this game. I find I have trouble when I try to run games on my notebook because of the limited integrated video. Another problem can be caused by not having enough system RAM or too many programs running in the background.

[Post New]by HarringtonVO on Aug 18, 10 12:08 AM
KimVJ wrote:Man... what a disappointment My heart sank when I didn't hear Harrington's Bogart-like voice. His voice really tied the game together for me, and playing the game without, while possible, just makes it feel flat.

Thanks Kim and everyone else for the kind words, and don't worry too much about me I still have plenty of other gaming stuff going on. In fact, Big Fish just called me back to do a few voices on Avenue Flo 2 including one of my favorites: Hal The Hungryman. Also did many voices on Million Dollar Quest.

You can see Nick, Hal and many other characters I've done on my character reel. Go to youtube and enter...

"Adam Harrington's Gaming Character Reel"

...in the search box.

Keep gaming everyone

-AH

www.harringtonvo.com

-AH

Edited on 08/18/2010 at 12:09:21 AM PST

grannyjeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by grannyjeri on Mar 6, 12 6:57 PM
I am a year or so later with this but over all most of you I agree with. The game is slow and jerky, the custom cursor did not allow me to change it. This game is also boring but I stuck with it almost to the end but will not finish it because of the game of color tiles on the floor. You must match the colors before he can go through the gate, the cursor isn't working well at all and you are not allowed to skip this one. Frustrating to say the least, not happy with this one.

[Post New]by laboop57 on Mar 20, 12 6:41 AM
Please can anyone tell me how to combine things in the inventory, I'm playing on an iPhone 3GS? I'm stuck trying to combine the test tube and syringe & can't go any further till I do it!!!!!! :0(

Go to: