Night mode = NIGHTMARE

_Frank_
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

Re:Night mode = NIGHTMARE

[Post New]by _Frank_ on Jun 17, 16 1:23 PM
The biggest problem I see and from reading this list is that the new modes are repeating too frequently. I have not been playing much and I already have almost a hundred scenes completed for each new mode. If the Devs were smart they would have us see predominantly "normal" scenes with one of the new scenes popping up occasionally. 1 in 10 I might be able to live with of one of the three new modes. Then it might take a year to get the achievements but we wouldn't be worn out by the frequent mode switching.

ofitg7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ofitg7 on Jun 17, 16 3:17 PM
I just don't understand some of the comments, this is one of the best games I have ever played. I am NOT a politically correct person, therefore I tell it as I see it. The scenes are fantastic, lots of detail, effort, and imagination has been done for a free game. Yes, I said free. Over two mil in coins and two thousand diamonds, on level 71, waiting for update, and I have not spent a penny. I play for fun, and the challenge , some of the quests have taken all of my inventory, and some achievements are a loooong way off. I gift friends at least twice a day if I have their items. This is my choice. You too have a choice, get in the game or get out!!! Change is consistent be it for the best or not so good, it is that, change! There is no way to please everyone all the time, life is not fare either, unless it is handed to you on a silver platter. Was drafted to go to war, did not like that idea so I enlisted, still went to war, but it was my choice, and a proud Vet I am.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 17, 16 4:43 PM
Everyone who plays MC has made a choice - to invest an enormous amount of time in this game. I think the real point being made is that every time the game gets updated, something precious to us gets taken away. That is not an improvement. That's slowly destroying something wonderful, which to me is horrendous.

vabroom
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by vabroom on Jun 17, 16 6:40 PM
I went with that of shoe commercial slogan "Just Do It". It takes me twice as long but I do get it done.

ctaylor56
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ctaylor56 on Jun 17, 16 11:57 PM
Thanks dersertdruid, you have nailed what has been bothering me. I was pretty upset when we started getting coins and shards for the HO screens because it removed from me the choice of whether I was going to accumulate coins or collect shards, and getting 15 coins or 1 shard on the higher levels, where the objects are worth 25 or 30 coins, was a big step backwards. I got over my 'upset' and kept playing, although not as often or for as long as previously.
The new modes are another case in point. We have no choice. Why can't the switch back to normal be free? Then we have the choice to play the new modes and get the new achievements, or continue playing the normal screen and continue collecting gold or shards or whatever our particular goal is in playing the game.
While making a wish list, it would be nice if we could look at a Trina Quest, or a Daily Quest and have the choice of 'accept' or 'no thanks'.

dlsed
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by dlsed on Jun 18, 16 2:17 AM
my issue with nightmode is that i, quite literally, get a dang headache from it! talk about a potential game breaker!! i try not to follow the ......'flashlight' around so closely as it jumps around. even though i know the hos's, it really isn't that much of an aid in nightmode. not fond of it, but will figure it out, with a supply of tylenol!!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 18, 16 5:05 AM
Please be careful with the Tylenol - it is very damaging to the liver & kidneys.
Far safer to just abstain from night mode. Dialysis is no fun.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Jun 18, 16 6:18 AM
Desertdruid,

Agree with you about dialysis! But they told me Tylenol is ok, it just damages the liver. Of course, I think Tylenol is useless, so I take nothing for pain.
Hate the night mode--notice you get it more often than the others? But sort of getting used to it. At least I don't skip those scenes or spend diamonds on lightning flashes Which, I notice, aren't listed in any category, so you can't gift them, and no way to accumulate them that I can see.

Many frustrations with this game, but they always do something to keep me coming back, Crack for the mind. I do like the mini events, or at least the first one. Hope they don't find a way to ruin it.

gmto6
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by gmto6 on Jun 18, 16 6:24 AM
I hate the night mode. I feel like they just want to make all of us who do not buy the diamonds or anything else start to buy things so they can make money. Don't advertise this as a free game if it is not. I don't know how much longer I can stay with this game. It used to be my favorite and I could not wait to get to play it every morning, now I have to make myself sit down to play it and hoping they have decided to let us go back to normal mode or stay with this horrible update.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 18, 16 7:23 AM
sandhan wrote:… But they told me Tylenol is ok, it just damages the liver...

Unbelievable! As if damaging your liver is ok!
BTW, when the liver is compromised by a toxin (like Tylenol), it can't perform properly, & it's the kidneys that have to take up the slack, & in turn, get compromised by the toxin. So, no, Tylenol is not ok on any level.

sandhan wrote: …Crack for the mind…

Love it! Absolutely true! This game is soooo frustrating at times, yet I'm hopelessly addicted.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jun 18, 16 8:30 AM
[quote=sandhan lightning flashes Which, I notice, aren't listed in any category, so you can't gift them, and no way to accumulate them that I can see.

These can be gifted or put on your wish list.... They are listed on the first page of your wish list, beside the wand and crystal ball... ... You can accumulate them if you craft something, they are an option that will come off the crafting wheel during the spin cycle... have also seen them on the wheel of fortune....

Edited on 06/19/2016 at 2:16:22 PM PST

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jun 18, 16 9:58 AM
Since the night mode seems to be a physical problem for some people, due to vision issues, perhaps they could change the most difficult mode to reverse silhouette. That would allow them to have a third choice without cutting the visibility of the scene.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jun 18, 16 12:52 PM
gohill wrote:

These can be gifted or put on your wish list.... They are listed on the first page of your wish list, beside the wand and crystal ball... ... You can accumulate them if you craft something, they are an option that will come off the crafting wheel during the spin cycle... have also seen them on the wheel of fortune....

I now have 10 of them in one week of play. So you should get them eventually.
I refuse to use them at the moment as I find the modes "entertaining"!

Dinah6
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by Dinah6 on Jun 19, 16 7:54 AM
Desertdruid wrote:Everyone who plays MC has made a choice - to invest an enormous amount of time in this game. I think the real point being made is that every time the game gets updated, something precious to us gets taken away. That is not an improvement. That's slowly destroying something wonderful, which to me is horrendous.

I agree 100%. I could not have said it any better

thesuz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by thesuz on Jun 19, 16 8:29 AM
I just have to chime in on this one. I don't like the Night Mode either. I haven't like it on any game I have played - I refer the this mode as the "flashlight mode" because you have to use the cursor to move the light around to see the screen. The Silhouette and the Mirror Modes I don't have a problem with as they are at least still bright enough to see what you need to see. With that being said, I really have to give it to those who have been with the game since the beginning and have made it the upper levels (60-71). Congrats on your patience and thank you for posting the information that the rest of us can use as we advance.

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Jun 19, 16 1:16 PM
Then to find out you don't even get credit for doing the night mode if you use the lightning flash it is totally rude!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been using the crystal balls and wands to make it a little easier but where is our "KICK IT TO THE CURB" button in our friends area it would be like voting on what to KEEP and what to trash and the NIGHT MODE is in the trash for me!

DEVS do you own stock in eye fixing or what?

I now feel like a bull in the china shop going around hitting and clicking anything that
I see hoping it will end the hos

Ahhhhhhhhh I still love this game but you can frustrate the holy hannah out of me

Edited on 06/20/2016 at 11:58:04 AM PST

jasa3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Night mode = NIGHTMARE

[Post New]by jasa3 on Jun 19, 16 1:37 PM
efi24 wrote:Sorry, I'm not sure if I'm voicing majority or minority here, if most are happy then don't mind me, but I'm seriously seriously wow really UNHAPPY about this new night mode.
Night mode is on the verge of deal breakers to me.
I don't know why you chose to do this - are devs reading here or is there a way to submit our feedback to them? I feel like they just went and ruined one of my favorite games! And now I have to hope my other neighbors not only not need some of those lightnings for themselves too, but will be able to gift them or... I'm seriously stuck?
And it means I'm down to only 3 items I can ask because I'll always need those flashlights to change from night mode to regular?

Why was a choice to make this change made?
I mean, okay, the new medals are nice and I love that finally you're offering some coins for a change. The other 2 modes are a pain, but can get used to them.
But night mode?? Don't you know how many people skip full games over these? Have you stopped to ask how many players you might lose over this?
I don't want to quit MC, I love MC!! But you just placed a scary intolerable monster in it and I'm not so happy... I don't know how long I'll be able to last with this.

So sorry you chose to do this, guessing there's no going back from it ha?

Oh and 10 diamonds for 1 flashlight to change it to normal? Wow. I was going to buy some diamonds this month but now I'm like... how long will I last playing the game now?

And I can't begin to tell you how sad this is making me. Because apart for this horrible horrible night mode, I love this game so much!
But night mode? NIGHTMARE and kind of a deal breaker.
I'm so sorry you did this.
I just wanted you to know that for at least some of us (not sure if most or just a few?) you seriously ruined a really great game!
I'm heart broken

jasa3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by jasa3 on Jun 19, 16 1:53 PM
I hate the night mode too! I have it on my pc and thinking about ditching the game. My pc is not a touch screen and using the mouse in night mode really is a nightmare because I have arthritis in my wrists! I am only on level 22 and exit out of them every time they show up..sometimes two in a row!!!!. I am level 71 on my tablet and glad I don't have to download it yet. I have amassed a fortune in coins and diamonds and don't want to spend them on nightmare mode! It would be great if they cut out the night mode after you get the achievements. This may be a deal breaker for me.

Phayta
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by Phayta on Jun 19, 16 2:44 PM
mamarose1900 wrote:Since the night mode seems to be a physical problem for some people, due to vision issues, perhaps they could change the most difficult mode to reverse silhouette. That would allow them to have a third choice without cutting the visibility of the scene.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

I like this idea; the challenge still exists with less frustration. Which reminds me: looking for objects in the dark isn't fun in reality, it's also not fun in a game.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 20, 16 9:01 AM
Phayta wrote:…looking for objects in the dark isn't fun in reality, it's also not fun in a game.

Amen! I hate fumbling (stumbling) around in the dark! That's why my house has a nightlight in every room.
Hey Devs… can we get some nightlights in here? They have really pretty LED ones now…

Go to: