Comments and Reviews

Janadott
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by Janadott on Feb 22, 10 7:10 AM
downloaded the game with no problem, however when I try to play I get an error message, yes I have windows 7, anyone know if there is a fix yet?

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Feb 22, 10 7:26 AM
i have mixed feelings about this game, i've wrote before that i 'really love'this game. graphics, puzzles and all but i only play it like 1 chapter at the time and i've been dragging this game for 2 weeks now, it's like it is 'too much charged' i get tired after 1 chapter but i do still enjoy it. Will probably finish it around Easter.

1 month later and still haven't finished it yet, it is sitting on my puter.

Edited on 03/25/2010 at 6:28:14 PM PST

BuggsyBoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by BuggsyBoy on Feb 22, 10 8:41 AM
This is one Great game!! It has the best animation, bar none, of any BF game. It is obvious that the game designers and programmers spent a lot of time and money on this game. It is very quirky, fun and LOTS of hidden objects, in addition to the mini games that are more of acade type games, and the ability to replay to try and obtain a bronze, sliver or gold medal for each mini. I spent at least 5+ minutes in each scene just watching the animation before even looking for hidden objects. Each scene has multiple minor ghost that are hillarious in addition to the major ghost that you try to help out in each scene. I like the expanding of the main screen since it does not have that 360 thing going on, (which makes me sick)
I love the ghost busting machines that you have to build for each scene. They really are ingenious. Of the over 135 BFG I have played this is the absolute best animated, well designed game. I am a big fan of MCF, so for me to actually post a comment on this game says a lot. Learning how to play this game was really easy after the first scene. You catch on really quick. Not to say that this game is easy, it is challenging, but so much fun!! I loved that each scene was totally different, no repeats. Dont skip over the cutscenes and read the diary to really immerse yourself and become a Ghost Buster!!

amber4538
Flounder
Flounder
2,398 Posts

[Post New]by amber4538 on Feb 22, 10 6:19 PM
Loved this game. Was unsure if the game would work on my computer as it is 10years old. But it did, will definitely use my credit for this one. Loved the bright graphics and there are tons of things to find. I also like the story. I rarely get involved with the story of the game, because most of them are not interesting. I finished part of the kitchen scene by the time the trial ended, so this will be a long game.

[Post New]by greenfish22 on Feb 23, 10 9:14 AM
Just finished!! Great game. I bought it because the reviews were so good and you were all right on. So thanks to Clickchic and gang...

I can't begin to tell Big Fish and other companies how many games I have decided NOT to purchase because the reviews just were not very good.

When the reviews are good, such as with this game, I usually buy it with no hesitation. So thank you to everyone who post messages, I am one of those who reads almost ALL of them before I make a decision. I love reading what you have to write so keep up the comments.

Knowing how long a game is one of the major factors for me when making a purchase. So BF, the longer the better. Syberia and Dire fan..

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Feb 25, 10 1:31 AM
Yet another demo that was rapidly converted to full purchase for me. The mini games were .... different. Thankfully most were skippable. After I finished the game, which had a sweet ending (honest really!) I tried to go back and do the mini-games without the pressure. Some are going better then others, but personally I'm curious if anybody knows what the special unlocked prize is if you get gold level on all the mini-games? I'm tragically bad at these sort of things so I'm not likely to ever get it.

Honestly, I'd almost call this a little kid game except for Mommy or Daddy would then have to explain death to the little tykes.

[Post New]by DURANGO03HEMI on Feb 27, 10 8:17 AM
THIS GAME SUCKS

janet070
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by janet070 on Feb 27, 10 10:12 PM
I am having problems with this game. I got through the first bedroom scene ok and caught all the ghosts. The game sent me back to the bedroom with the same list to find, only thing is the objects are not there.The hint does not work because there are no objects to find.No objects in the closet or bathroom.It looks like a fun game if I could play it.Anyone else with this problem.?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Feb 27, 10 11:32 PM
Janet,

There are several possibilities for what's going on, but we're supposed to keep spoilers out of the Comments and Reviews topic, so could you please describe your problem in a new topic in the forum and we'll try to help you there.

Robin

janet070
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by janet070 on Mar 1, 10 10:18 PM
I posted a few days ago that this game had problems. As it turned out I was the one causing the problem. I am all strightened out now and this game is awesome.One of the best I have played so far.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Mar 17, 10 1:00 PM
I tried the demo for a bit when BFG released the game; left 30 minutes on the clock and quit the demo but left the game in my Game Manager. I haven't purchased a game in March so replayed ... and really enjoyed it so have now purchased and am playing the game.

I play one segment at a time. From the start through the challenge with the ghost. Then my eyes need a rest. The graphics and animation are phenomenal. I read every bit of the story and everything in the screens. I always look at all of a room before I tray to find anything. There are no straight edges ... everything is out of whack and the creatures and animations are wonderful to observe. And I'm really enjoying the music and sounds.

I'm about 1/2 way through the game and loving every minute.

Ellerhoff
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ellerhoff on Mar 25, 10 6:17 PM
For one hour of play loading time is excessive!

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Apr 2, 10 10:34 AM
Hi, I just tried this today. What a funny busy game! Loved all the characters and the things to do! I got through Chapter 1 before my time ran out. The HOG items are a challenge to find with all the distractions. I like the way the scene widens out and the hi jinx of all the characters. Great animation and graphics...horrible sounds but that goes with the whole thing! I think I might just buy it!
Nana

shadowsong
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by shadowsong on May 15, 10 8:04 PM
I was not too impressed with this game. The hidden object scenes were good and challenging, but that is about all there is to this game. It tries to get you to think there is more with riddles (way too easy) and supposed other things to figure out, but during the one hour demo, all I got from it was hidden object game with some entertaining dialogue and back story. The ghost jumping out and screaming at you really started to bother me. They don't seem to be related to too much clicking, they must be on a timer, so it seemed to me there was no way to avoid them. You may want to turn your sound effects way down.
If you are looking for a hidden object game, this is a good one, good graphics and good story line. But nothing more.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 15, 10 8:39 PM
The ghost jumping out and screaming at you really started to bother me. They don't seem to be related to too much clicking, they must be on a timer, so it seemed to me there was no way to avoid them.

The screaming ghosts appear after a certain number of inaccurate clicks. If you're very careful and don't misclick, you can avoid them altogether.

What's different between this game and some others is that the "bad click count" never resets, so even if you have some good clicks in between you can still get screamed at later. That's probably why it felt like a timer.

Robin

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on May 18, 10 6:55 AM
This is one of the best games I've played in a long time. It's interesting, some items bit on the tough side, the graphics are fabulous and it was just an extremely enjoyable game to play. Highly recommend it and for me, there's definate replay as I messed up on some of the mini games. Love the story! (Yup was late to the party posting, but I just had to share my delight with this game)

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

This game's a hoot

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 30, 10 12:45 PM
Hi Folks

I was on another forum wherein a member asked about scary games and so decided to check them out -- I have to admit this game makes me want to laugh -- it's THAT cute.

I LOVE the characters -- including the ghosts -- though, was a bit surprised when I got a screaming ghost and then realized it was the game's version of clicking on too many wrong items in a row -- but other than that, it is a VERY fun game.

I REALLY like the interactive deeds one must perform -- finding hidden objects, using the spectrum to rid the rooms of ghost(s), solving the riddle and REALLY, REALLY nice graphics which makes it very nice to look at to WANT to find the hidden objects (not like the Cate West: The Velvet Keys game -- okay game but if I'd a sensitive stomach -- WOW -- down-right disgusting scenes).

Happy Memorial Day weekend

MEnr56

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jul 9, 10 7:13 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. It is a hidden object game with minigames involved in which you can earn trophies. There are different levels to the trophies you can earn (bronze, silver and gold) so there is replayability to the game.

You have to search the house in four room sections. Find the hidden objects in each room, find and collect all the ghosts in the rooms, and derive why the main ghost in each section is haunting that section which requires you to solve a riddle. After you solve the riddle, you play a mini-game which is directly related to that ghosts profession in real-life.

The game is most enjoyable.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Aug 24, 10 1:23 AM
I am having no problems running this game on a laptop with Windows Vista. I like the game but will wait for a credit to purchase it. I dislike the wrong click penalty and the game remembers from room to room whether you had any wrong clicks. One of the frustrating things is when you find a teeny tiny item from the list and can't click perfectly on it with that huge cursor, it costs you a click. I had to click on a tiny match stick 3 times before I retrieved it.

I still have 19 minutes left on the demo and have moved to the kitchen scene. I think I read somewhere that there are 6 scenes?

In conclusion, I think they are trying to cram too much variety into one game. You are looking for hidden objects, searching for ghosts, solving riddles and there is of course mini games, trophies etc.

I will be waiting to purchase with a credit....so I guess I don't love it enough to be tempted to pay for it prior to the first of the month. I would give it 2.5 out of 5 stars.

melissasignal
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by melissasignal on Aug 25, 10 5:11 PM
The thing I love about this game is the minigames have tons of replay value!(I love the card game best and can play it for hours) To me they make this game a bargain for the money. All the other reviews have told you about the wonderful graphics and great storyline so, enough said- but the mini games are a major plus and put this IHOG above many in the genre!

Go to: