Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree CE here.

[Post New]by divix13 on Jul 20, 16 12:01 AM
I exited the tent before I had repaired the broken swan. When I went back to the crypt, there is no tent. How do I fix the broken swan now?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree CE here.

[Post New]by keisinmn on Jul 20, 16 7:10 AM
In the tent towards the end of the game it says to make a crossbow. There is no crossbow in the tent, just a square block of wood. I've seen other people write about this same issue but haven't seen a fix yet. Thanks

[Post New]by HAZELLS on Jul 20, 16 12:20 PM
I am attempting to download having paid for game BUT it is taking forever!! Am 80odd years old - so what am I doing wrong. Using Lenovo computer with windows 10. Regards.

[Post New]by madameblue on Jul 20, 16 1:20 PM
no tent!!!,...completely disappeared....I even downloaded the update and nothing!!!!

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jul 21, 16 1:39 PM
My problem is different from everyone else's. After moving the pin all the way through the labyrinth, nothing happens. The strategy guide says to push the lever twice, but I can't do that because the lever is inaccessible. Frustrating because Dark Parables is one of my favorite series and I'd like to complete the game.

Nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently I found an alternate route that the developers didn't see, so I got to the end, but it didn't count it. When I skipped the puzzle, it showed the "correct" path.

Edited on 07/22/2016 at 9:21:01 PM PST

[Post New]by 112547 on Jul 23, 16 10:10 AM
No crossbow in tent. Reinstalled a few times. Windows 10, two different Intel based computers.

Edited on 07/23/2016 at 10:25:45 AM PST

kao33
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by kao33 on Jul 23, 16 4:01 PM
I have already reached out to Big Fish with an email. But I haven't heard back with a solution. I am on the stage to get the crossbow. I can't get it. I have the fire and the flame tendon. When I click on the table I see a stone block and can't do anything. The hint button keeps telling me to look else where, and according to the guide, I should be able to get a crossbow. I uninstalled it. Apparently unsuccessfully, because it remembered my info. However, I really don't want to start over. I have Win 7 and would greatly appreciate a timely response, or a post that has the solution to it ASAP please. Thanks.

Thanks for fixing the problem. I finished the rest of the game with no problems.

Edited on 07/29/2016 at 4:10:01 PM PST

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jul 27, 16 12:04 PM
I was unable to find the crossbow in the tent, a problem which, based on the number of complaints in the forum, I apparently shared with many other fishes.
I emailed tech support and sent a Dr. Felix. the response was that the problem was not in the game but a problem with my operating system and included suggestions on what to do about it. I've been too busy to deal with it but when I saw the update on the game I downloaded it, and opened the game; there was the crossbow and I was able to complete the game.
Interesting how BFG blamed my system one week and then the next, blamed a glitch in the game and fixed it.
It's a puzzlement...

[Post New]by patmanthey on Jul 28, 16 1:01 PM
New op system, new computer win 10. Stuck on the Hermit hidden object in the terrarium. Even hit the hint button, it says nothing to do here and directs me out. Hit it again and it directs me right back. I see an item, click on it, but nothing happens. Everything else runs well and I have downloaded all the updates to try and fix it, nothing.

[Post New]by ssteel on Jul 30, 16 9:17 AM
Game cannot continue as I cannot get the emblem imprint from the chest in the Guard Outpost (Chapter 8). The magnifying glass icon appears but nothing else happens when I click on it ... fixes please

[Post New]by Jeanne_Anne on Jul 30, 16 8:05 PM
Windows 10, at the end of chapter 4, in the library. I only have about a third of the graphics. The rest of the screen is black. When I move my mouse through the dark area, an image of the cursor remains on the screen, so I end up with the area all superimposed cursor images. I can only see four symbols on the floor and none on the pillars. I had actually noticed this every time I've been through this room, but now I'm supposed to click on symbols to go to the next stage. I found a walkthrough that showed me what the room is supposed to look like. I tried clicking where the symbols should be, but it didn't help.

I have tried exiting and restarting the game. I have not yet tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Advise?

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Aug 7, 16 6:06 PM
Mac running 10.11.6

Have not seen this problem: Made it as far as the tunnel to the prisoner. Screen went to black and my progress was deleted. Have to restart. I am not happy.

[Post New]by cnj0907 on Aug 7, 16 8:03 PM
I'm having a problem with Chapter 3, the HOP in the Rotunda. When I get to the HOP & try to click on any of the objects nothing happens. Even using "hint" just brings up the "Better Move On" language at the top of the screen. I'm using a laptop with Windows 10.

CJoy3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by CJoy3 on Oct 17, 16 5:41 PM
I was in the jail under the lake, went to do the HO scene and get the red fire. Finished the HO scene, watched it light the flame, then it disappeared and won't let me insert the emblems into the shield. Like the fire is still waiting for me to pick it up, but it is not on the screen anywhere. I am running Windows 10 on my PC.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 18, 16 12:37 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like some players are still affected by the issues that the recent updates for this game should have addressed. It also sounds like some other issues are being reported like save data being corrupted or certain puzzles not reacting as expected or items not being used as intended and not allowing more progress.

There are a few issues that may be able to be addressed by our Help Pages and I'd like to provide those, just in case they haven't been tried yet.

If you are seeing trouble with the bonus chapter or a progression block, the first thing I want to recommend is being sure the game has been updated as there have been some fixes provided some some of the technical issues that have been reported for this game. If there is trouble installing the update, the following page may be able to help:

Updating Your Game

If you are seeing save data become corrupted or are having trouble with the game's save not saving data, the following page could help:

Game not Saving

On Windows 10, the following steps have helped with many different technical issues in the past:

Windows 10

On Mac, if you are seeing trouble after installing the update or an issue doesn't seem to have been addressed by that update, the following page could help:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is helpful.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by music91 on Nov 18, 16 3:55 PM
Hi, I am using Windows 10.

I am in the black swan's room and the next step is to select the desk but it doesn't let me and there are no other activities left to do. I cannot get the shutter handle without opening the desk so cannot continue in the game.

Any help would be great!

Go to: