Welcome to The Tarot's Misfortune forum

[Post New]by anonmous on Feb 20, 10 11:52 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to The Tarot's Misfortune forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Tarot's Misfortune players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.
what is the combo 2 unlock the jail door

maigheu
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Tarot's Misfortune forum

[Post New]by maigheu on Feb 20, 10 5:15 PM
Hope someone can help. Have completed almost all levels, but now stuck in Fort Ruins, South of town. Completed all levels here and have a cellar key and toolbox key. In the Fort Ruins, under the tree roots, the spinning gears show up which means I need to use something. Tried both keys, clicking everywhere, but nothing happens. No clue what to try now. Anyone been there, done that? Thanks.

[Post New]by canajungirl1 on Feb 20, 10 6:09 PM
I can't download this game at all. I'm running XP and it won't run at all, any advice I've disabled firewall and still no go. Help would be greatly appreciated.

[Post New]by RJArgao on Feb 20, 10 8:17 PM
I certainly enjoyed the game, especially the way it panned from left to right and exposed items. Good Job, I look forward to more games like this one.

[Post New]by volvomelike on Feb 21, 10 4:37 AM
Why isn´t there ANY walkthrough to this game?!?! I´m past the room with the padlock combination, I´m outside and i´m finished with the stable.. but then?! i have a lantern. but where do i put it.

[Post New]by lgfish on Feb 21, 10 7:15 AM
maigheu wrote:Hope someone can help. Have completed almost all levels, but now stuck in Fort Ruins, South of town. Completed all levels here and have a cellar key and toolbox key. In the Fort Ruins, under the tree roots, the spinning gears show up which means I need to use something. Tried both keys, clicking everywhere, but nothing happens. No clue what to try now. Anyone been there, done that? Thanks.

I am at the same stop..been everywere that is not locked... Help

[Post New]by lgfish on Feb 21, 10 7:19 AM
volvomelike wrote:Why isn´t there ANY walkthrough to this game?!?! I´m past the room with the padlock combination, I´m outside and i´m finished with the stable.. but then?! i have a lantern. but where do i put it.

the lantern you will need to get to the dock....go to the town center and pan to the left..If that is your next lever?

besito
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:how do you get the cellar open on the tree trunk been trying for 2 days i have tool box key and

[Post New]by besito on Feb 21, 10 7:26 AM
patnsky wrote:
puzzledone wrote:On the fence now. I did find that using some parts are sluggish, didn't switch off custom cursor though. Several places I had to click several times to get inventory items to interact with the right things for action. I must have clicked Menu 5 times before I could get back to options or Exit. I'm on vista laptop with 15.5 widescreen and it says wrong res to use windows mode. Maybe a bit grainy or blurry or I just can't see some items even with hints. So that's a minus for me. Other items are right out there.

I want to like this game but don't like using up playtime searching walkthrus either. I'll see if it is clearer on my desktop with XP, colors are usually better on that monitor.

Hope to hear more of your comments, and thanks for getting me out of jail, got my code then opened the door then timed out

Hi Puzzledone

I also am using a 15" laptop with Vista and having no problems. I always turn off game cursers from the get-go if possible. Find it makes games play much more smoothly.

besito
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by besito on Feb 21, 10 7:33 AM
maigheu wrote:Hope someone can help. Have completed almost all levels, but now stuck in Fort Ruins, South of town. Completed all levels here and have a cellar key and toolbox key. In the Fort Ruins, under the tree roots, the spinning gears show up which means I need to use something. Tried both keys, clicking everywhere, but nothing happens. No clue what to try now. Anyone been there, done that? Thanks.

[Post New]by cherlot2 on Feb 21, 10 7:41 AM
puzzledone wrote:I've just 24 min left on demo and I am still stuck in the jail. I have the key but on the padlock it just opens a row of 5 numbers and not a clue for a combination. For a hint it tells me to boil water. Huh?? Guess I'll have to wait for a walkthrough or sit the rest of the hour clicking random numbers in 5's.

Looks like a decent length game from the map and many locations. But I have to break out of jail first and no skip on that puzzle. Any ideas?

Loaded fine on vista laptop, no errors. May try it on my pc with xp and see if the key will work. I love Tarot so looking forward to playing as the graphics so far do look like real Tarot cards, not those fake symbols on that other Tarot mystery dud.

[Post New]by cherlot2 on Feb 21, 10 7:46 AM
puzzledone;

If you have the key, you should be able to go to the jail office by scrolling left on the screen. Use the key on the desk in the office. find all the items. use the matchbox to light a fire in the stove in the office. place the kettle on the stove. the steam reveals the code 27531. use this code on the lock.

[Post New]by cherlot2 on Feb 21, 10 7:47 AM
besito wrote:

[Post New]by cherlot2 on Feb 21, 10 7:49 AM
I have just finished the game. in reply to your query regarding the gears, if i remember correctly, you need to continue to find more gears. I am replaying the game so cannot give you the exact details yet. hope this helps.

jray4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jray4 on Feb 21, 10 8:17 AM
cherlot2 wrote:
besito wrote:

[Post New]by kathyf713 on Feb 21, 10 9:55 AM
i am stuck in the center of town with the tarot card still flashing which i've finished and there is a cirlce above the door to the south town flashing and don't know what to do next. where do i find the pieces to put in the circle?

[Post New]by volvomelike on Feb 21, 10 10:21 AM
lgfish wrote:
volvomelike wrote:Why isn´t there ANY walkthrough to this game?!?! I´m past the room with the padlock combination, I´m outside and i´m finished with the stable.. but then?! i have a lantern. but where do i put it.

the lantern you will need to get to the dock....go to the town center and pan to the left..If that is your next lever?

oh okey. i thought i had to use it on the level i am now.. but i still dont know how to get further.:/ the stable is completed, but not the one where i have to get the drawbridge down. I have two cogwheels, but i cant find the other ones, the text is gray on them.. so i have to do something else to find them i suppose

maigheu
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by maigheu on Feb 21, 10 10:29 AM
cherlot2 wrote:I have just finished the game. in reply to your query regarding the gears, if i remember correctly, you need to continue to find more gears. I am replaying the game so cannot give you the exact details yet. hope this helps.

maigheu
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by maigheu on Feb 21, 10 10:34 AM
cherlot2 wrote:I have just finished the game. in reply to your query regarding the gears, if i remember correctly, you need to continue to find more gears. I am replaying the game so cannot give you the exact details yet. hope this helps.

Sorry, goofed and hit "Post Reply" before entering text. Thanks for the info here, but that is not where I am in the game. I did the level with all the gears. Now, I am in the Fort Ruins--after finding and getting the bear and 2 of the gems for the Oak Tree in the forest. In the Fort Ruins, the spinning gears shown always mean you need to use a tool--but, all I have are the cellar key and the toolbox key. Have an idea that the roots covering what appears to be the cellar opening have to be cleared before using a key, but have nothing to do it with and, except for the Oak Tree clearing in the forest, all other levels here are marked complete.

If you remember this level, please tell me how you got through it. Thanks again.

[Post New]by Ladydawg50 on Feb 21, 10 11:09 AM
I am stuck trying to get the key - i put the broom handle and the chicken claw together which worked but i still can't reach the key - still have those little wheels over on the door where her face is - any suggestions? - Looks like most of you have passed this part but I just got started and don't want to waste all of my trial time to figure that one out and want to play longer to see if I want to buy. Thanks Guys!!!!

[Post New]by Ladydawg50 on Feb 21, 10 11:12 AM
sorry same question posted twice

Edited on 02/21/2010 at 11:12:57 AM PST

Go to: