Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

Re:Welcome EOTD, Developer for Silverback Games!!

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Feb 21, 10 8:54 AM
Welcome EOTD! Welcome Willie - can't wait to try this new game!

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Feb 21, 10 9:47 AM
Willie, is this your first game with BFG? Let us know if there are other Silverback Games we can get here.

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Feb 21, 10 11:27 AM
Pertigal wrote:Willie, is this your first game with BFG? Let us know if there are other Silverback Games we can get here.

Other game (So far) is a funny little Time management game called Mr. Jones' Graveyard Shift. Was loved by some, not so much by others but was a great learning experience for us. Biggest lesson was that our style of studio was better with hidden object adventure at the moment.

The next few BigFish style games we do will be iHOGs

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Feb 21, 10 11:33 AM
Update: I finished the game and I loved it. The graphics, music, storyline were all A+.

shawk
Manatee
Manatee
4,143 Posts

[Post New]by shawk on Feb 21, 10 11:35 AM
YAY! I loved EOTD a definate buy for me,please jump in and let us know when the next one comes out.Thank you!

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Feb 21, 10 11:41 AM
tunaontoast wrote:Update: I finished the game and I loved it. The graphics, music, storyline were all A+.

Music to our ears.

shawk
Manatee
Manatee
4,143 Posts

[Post New]by shawk on Feb 21, 10 11:43 AM
EOTD wrote:
tunaontoast wrote:Update: I finished the game and I loved it. The graphics, music, storyline were all A+.

Music to our ears.
You make a really cute Congratulations!

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Feb 21, 10 1:01 PM
Welcome EOTD. I have downloaded the game and plan to try it Monday morning. Looks interesting and based on what I have read I can't wait to try it. congratulations of your morph to seahorse.

Edited on 02/21/2010 at 1:01:34 PM PST

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Feb 21, 10 1:04 PM

I am so happy your studio will be making more games for us to play.

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Feb 21, 10 4:28 PM
Hi Willie, you didn't tell us you are one of the voices! cool!

I just finished the game. overall, I enjoyed it very much, though I would have liked it to be a bit longer. the one thing that made me nuts was the "find the difference". Not only do I have lousy vision but my memory's not so hot....trying to find the difference AND remember it...WHOA. Would really prefer to have them side by side please, lol. Thought the puzzles were pretty clever but not impossibly frustrating. And I like that there are clues you can find to help. (that's how it should be). I know there was some kind of hint system where you run your mouse over the locations and something is supposed to happen? Didn't really get anywhere with that but still managed. The one dark scene (trojan helmets etc) was a bit hard for my eyes but the hints were sufficient to help with that. I like how quickly they recharge and that they don't totally give it to you; you still have to find it within the circle. I do prefer to do things myself. I'm looking forward to the next one!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Feb 21, 10 6:38 PM
Welcome EOTD!! Loved the Game. Purchased after the demo and will finish playing tomorrow.

1goodmom
Flounder
Flounder
2,053 Posts

[Post New]by 1goodmom on Feb 21, 10 7:07 PM
Welcome EOTD and all the other developers at Silverback Games. Demoed the game, bought it and love it. Can't wait for more, more more.

So, just exactly when will we be getting more....?

And when is Empress Of the Dark 2 coming our way

Thanks for one of the best games I have played in a while.

And again Welcome to the Pond Willie

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Feb 21, 10 8:00 PM
Hi folks,

Welcome to the developers!

Just as a heads up, I went ahead and moved this to the EOTD thread to keep Chit Chat tidy.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on Feb 21, 10 8:53 PM
I tried this game and I LOVED it.

Definitely buying as soon as the ole game credit arrives.

Really awesome game. The graphics are very pretty and the music isn't overwhelming. Also, the puzzles aren't TOO taxing. (at least the ones I managed to get to during the trial.) Anyway, great job.

Edited for boo-boo

Edited on 02/21/2010 at 8:57:51 PM PST

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Feb 21, 10 10:30 PM
Biggest lesson was that our style of studio was better with hidden object adventure at the moment.

Good, b/c this Empress of the Deep thing is definitely NOT a HOG or even an IHOG. It was an LFA w/ a few HOs scenes tossed in so it could be termed a HOG. Maybe you should just do LFAs & skip the HOG thing altogether.

[Post New]by DreamWolf_7 on Feb 22, 10 6:31 AM
Tried the free trial first and got engrossed so I went ahead and bought it. I run Vista 32 Home and had to let it play in a window as the popup that said to run it full screen meant I would have to change my resolution to the reccommended 600 X 800 which gave me really terrible fuzzy, grainy graphics. In the window with my normal settings however the graphics were beautiful, and the artwork and imagination was excellent! I would give this game a 7 out of 10 due to the graphics issue, then some of the **** puzzles, the objects were too murky to discern, and I wasn't a fan of all the (to me) mindless wandering and backtracking, also was not happy with the ending- I felt it should have been played out better , it was too abrupt after being so engrossed. Great idea on the hint then skip options for the puzzles, but I found them to be challenging and do-able without the hints, and fun without being frustrated. Nice storyline, overall very good game for a casual fun time.

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Feb 22, 10 6:46 AM
I actually enjoyed the balance of HOG to other puzzles. You didn't promote it as a straight up HOG so I think it's appropriate. Just enough to have fun, not so much that my eyes ached!

elainejay
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by elainejay on Feb 23, 10 10:10 AM
i needed help and EOTD helped me a lot! Thanks!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Feb 28, 10 1:57 PM
Welcome EOTD, to the wonderful BF pond, its so nice to have a developer join us, to get our feedback on the game, and it shows how dedicated you are, to your customers.
I purchased the game, right after playing the trial, and WOW, what an awesome game, don't usually go for the adventure type HOG's, because I usually get board wondering around, but that didn't happen with this game.
It was a very well thought out game, so it kept my interest, a great balanced mix, of things to do, between the puzzles, HOG scenes and looking for the orbs.
I am not usually one for a lot of puzzles either, but I did like the puzzles in this game, and was VERY happy to see that you could use a hint first, and if that didn't help, than you did have the option to skip, if needed.
Since I am not very good at most puzzles, I was expecting to have some problems, but I took my time and solved them, which made me feel pretty good :-)
I find that if there is a skip option, than I am more inclined to try and solve it, instead of just getting frustrated, so THANKS for having the option, that was a huge plus on deciding to purchase this game, or not.
This game had a lot going for it, loved the story, I knew right away that lighting the orbs, for my so called friend (The Empress ) wasn't a good idea, so I liked how they worked that together, with the begining and the ending.
The artwork and the enviorment, was BEAUTIFUL, my imagination had a fantastic trip through and underwater world, just waiting to see what the next place had in store for me...SO FUN !
I know a game is good, when I feel like I am right there in it, that is when the developer has done his job in making a GREAT game..thanks Willie, this game did that for me :-)
And to top that off, this game was totally UNIQUE, different from any game I have played, so that was another, added bonus, because sometimes I go through 2-3 games per day, so it was nice to have something different to play.
HUGE props to everyone, involved in the making of this game, it took a lot of hard work, and it shows in the end product...great job on a great game :-)
I am looking forward, to the next chapter in this magical, fantastic journey, so keep up the great work !!

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Mar 1, 10 5:04 PM
It continues to thrill us to hear so many people loved this game. Our entire team reads every post.

Go to: