Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Apr 19, 12 10:34 AM
I had a hankering for something different than hidden object games. I downloaded this game ages ago...

This really is a good game. The earlier reviews do it justice, and I highly recommend this game. If you're looking for something different than your normal, that is, unless your normal is large object games.

greytgal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by greytgal on May 5, 12 8:05 AM
I just finished this game and really enjoyed it. I had to use a walkthrough for a lot of the first 2 chapters, and then I did pretty well on my own. I like the HO/Adventure games but a good large-file point & click now and then is just perfect. I played this game for a week and I am sorry it is over.
All of the playing points, pro and con, have already been addressed, but I would like to add that I particularly liked the music, and I thought the ending was much better than most of the games I have played.
On to the next---thanks Big Fish for so many hours of enjoyment!

[Post New]by quizzo on May 10, 12 6:26 AM
I have entered each group and all four (Earth, Water, Fire, Air) are at the bottom of the screen in the Ogam Translator Program. How do I save this info & print the result (please be detailed)??? I really want to get past this and continue playing this game... It's great!

Thanks,
Quizzo

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on May 10, 12 11:56 PM
quizzo wrote:I have entered each group and all four (Earth, Water, Fire, Air) are at the bottom of the screen in the Ogam Translator Program. How do I save this info & print the result (please be detailed)??? I really want to get past this and continue playing this game... It's great!

Thanks,
Quizzo

Hi quizzo

I'm not sure if you've completed all the translation yet and that would explain why you've not yet got the print out. The first line of the poem (or spell) is Earth, Water, Fire, Air - but there are another 3 lines to translate before you can print out the result. You'll notice that a copy of the stone rubbing you took is placed in the top right corner of the computer screen so you can refer to it to enter the groups of symbols. There are 4 lines of symbols and all have to be entered into the program. Once you've completed all 4 lines, a button will appear within the Ogam Translator Program that you're using so you can click it and print out the result.

Rather than having to pick it up from a printer, the printed paper just appears on your screen and then goes straight into your inventory so you can right-click it to read it later.

If you save the game part way through the Ogam translation, your progress is saved and it's worth saving a few times during the translation so you don't have to do it all again if you make a mistake.

Hope that helps!
Karen

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jun 17, 12 2:12 PM
This is an excellent large file/adventure game. It takes a lot of thinking to get through this game but the story and graphics and sound make it worthwhile. There are no hidden objects in this game so if that's what you're looking for get another game or try this game for a change of pace. See how good your adventure skills are without sparkles and hints.

There are no mingames in this one but there are many puzzles to figure out.

Graphics and sound are fresh and clear. Navigation can be challenging but there is a map to help you out and save a lot of running around by transporting you to other places.

I rate this game out of 5.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 17, 12 7:40 PM
A wonderful game to play. One of my top 5 favorites. You'll need to put on your thinking caps on for this game, but it will be so satisfying figuring out the different puzzles and exploring the different areas.

[Post New]by pattirat on Jun 25, 12 6:44 PM
My first impression of this game was that it was lame! BUT!!! I ended up playing it and enjoyed it.
It's not for the player who wants to run through and get things done fast. It doesn't have hidden object scenes and the movement in the game is somewhat like a Nancy Drew game where you are able to completely see a room or area in it's entirety by clicking the arrows.
The story line is intriguing and each chapter played is mysterious.
Give it a try before you buy it. This is one of the best advantages of Big Fish!!

Your Comments and Reviews for Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches

[Post New]by shezil64 on Dec 30, 12 6:29 AM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming! [/quo

This game was fantastic, some times very difficult, at first when I down loaded it I thought my god this is to difficult but over the christmas holiday's I thought oh why not give it another go, I was hooked, that's it, i've played amd played it, not without the walk through at some points but WOW, yeah a very long game, worth it's money.

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on Jun 17, 13 9:25 AM
LOVE this game...wow wow wow!!!!
I wasn't sure at first whether to purchase it, but had a free game credit just BURNING a hole in my computer(lol) so after reading the positive comments here, I had to see for myself.
I am a big adventure game fan; the Syberias, Nancy Drew, Agatha Christie and The Lost Crown are all amongst my favourite games.
THIS game now is at the top of my fav list.
The graphics; top notch
The game mechanics; very good(glad they were not 3 d, but loved being able to "nose" about )
The music: lovely until the last bit in the church yard(not my fav bit)
The STORY : !!!! It IS all in the Story! The story is what makes the game. I was totally engrossed in the history of Pryderi and read everything..I had studied welsh legends in school and this game really ties so much of the legend together..
I love it so much that I am going to start it again...lol
Well done, Arberth studios!!
I would adore to see a sequel...don't see any further talk about, the "Coven" which was mentioned a few years ago as a sequel?

[Post New]by AudiOj on Jan 8, 14 5:18 PM
I love this game! I have had it for awhile now and I have come back to it several times.

I like how the focus is on the story and that you really have to read the books, letters, notes etc., to know what to do next.

What ever happened to the game Coven that Arbeth Studios was developing? I have enjoyed this game so much, I was looking forward to their next game.

Come on, Big Fish! I will definitely purchase another game developed by Arbeth Studios. Anything from them in the future on the horizon?

Does anyone have suggestions regarding games that are similar to this? Scratches is the only other one I've played that seemed similar.

Thanks

Edited on 01/08/2014 at 5:23:05 PM PST

Go to: