Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE here.

[Post New]by Mac_too on Aug 18, 16 1:32 PM
hannanoma wrote:I got near the end of the bonus chapter until the game crashed. I'm trying to give Alice the bottle when the game crashes. Tested multiple times, same end result. I'm playing on Mac, OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6. Everything is up-to-date and there haven't been any glitches so far. Please, do something helpful! Posting the instructions how to uninstall and reinstall is not helpful.

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE here.

[Post New]by JessF on Aug 19, 16 6:30 AM
Syndalee wrote:Stained Glass -- The paints will not appear. Glass becomes darker, but no colors. Game won't advance.

MAC 10.11.6

I am on Windows 10 but had a similar issue.

I misunderstood the instructions for this mini game and the first time I tried it I turned the whole thing green!
I clicked on reset and the game closed down. Not frozen, no nasty messages, just thrown out to the game manager.
When I went back in to try again no matter what I did I could not get the colors to appear after clicking on the appropriate spaces.
So I skipped the puzzle and got the prize.

I'm glad I came to report this since I read about the issues with the feather and sewing machine - so I am all prepared there.

BTW I downloaded after the fix was released.

ZazuGirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by ZazuGirl on Oct 29, 16 3:21 PM
Just updated my MAC to 10.12 and cannot play this game anymore(and many others) I just bought this game a short time ago. Will not even open. I think I only played it once.

It is so frustrating to be able to play some and not others, and whenever a new game in a series comes out I like to go back and redo them all, and now there are so many I cannot play.

[Post New]by Poopybox on Nov 10, 16 3:16 PM
Has this Game been test with Latest Mac OS x Version Sierra 10.12.1? Game will not open launch just cause an unexpected quit message.

Was working before latest Mac OS/X releases....

Please advise...is anybody else having this problem ?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled from game manager and same exact problem...

Bought shot time ago, and have not finished game and now totally useless... Please fix...

Edited on 11/10/2016 at 3:18:16 PM PST

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Nov 12, 16 7:51 PM
Poopybox wrote:Has this Game been test with Latest Mac OS x Version Sierra 10.12.1? Game will not open launch just cause an unexpected quit message.

Was working before latest Mac OS/X releases....

Please advise...is anybody else having this problem ?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled from game manager and same exact problem...

Bought shot time ago, and have not finished game and now totally useless... Please fix...

I'm having the exact same problem. Well, almost. I haven't bought the game but was trying to play the demo. I keep getting error 809 which means another game is running, but there isn't one. Tried installing and reinstalling. Hate to think I'd have to somehow go back to El Capitan just for this (if that's even possible). My other BF games are playing fine.

suzmcmike
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by suzmcmike on Nov 14, 16 10:53 PM
I'm unable to play this game since updating to Mac OS Sierra. I was about halfway through the game before I upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra, and now the game won't open.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Nov 16, 16 10:08 AM
suzmcmike wrote:I'm unable to play this game since updating to Mac OS Sierra. I was about halfway through the game before I upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra, and now the game won't open.

I sent in a ticket and asked if BF would look at this forum and see all the problems Mac users with Sierra are having with this game. Haven't heard anything back, but will update when I hear anything. This really stinks!

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Nov 23, 16 10:06 AM
Well, I sent in a ticket and got a coupon to get another game, however I REALLY want to play this game. Anyone have any luck with OS Sierra? Hopefully they'll have some sort of update. Maybe if we notify the developer?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by seaside2 on Jan 19, 17 5:49 AM
This game just will not open. Running on iMac iOS Sierra 10.12.2 I've installed, deleted and reinstalled. Reviews made it sound really good.

dannsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by dannsh on Feb 17, 17 4:51 PM
seaside2 wrote:This game just will not open. Running on iMac iOS Sierra 10.12.2 I've installed, deleted and reinstalled. Reviews made it sound really good.

Yep! game will not run on Sierra.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Apr 29, 17 3:21 PM
Hey, BF, any update on this? It's been months and it seems the developer should have had plenty of time to fix the Sierra issue. You're losing lots of potential buyers for the game.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Jun 4, 17 10:41 AM
Same problem since updating to Sierra on Mac. Cannot open the game.
Big Fish moderators: How about some sort of response?

Go to: