Re:Eden's Quest technical issues

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on Mar 7, 10 6:45 AM
earthfairies wrote:I downloaded the game and it is awesome!! Plays well and I am almost at the end of the game I think. I am in the hidden area of the tree the secret area. However, I saw a notation when I went to play the game today and it said there was an update available. A HUGE MISTAKE on my part!!. I stupidly downloaded the update and now have an error message after doing 3 of the puzzles totems out of 7. When I get to the 4th totem I freeze and an error comes up in FRENCH!! and have to bring up task Manager to get out of the screen and delete the game.

Here is the error msg it is giving me:

TEXTURE:
erreur de chargement image:
data\Spr2\.ENIGME\ENG_315_QUELQUE_CHOSE_QUI_CLOCHE\ENG_315_QUELQUE_CHOSE_QUI_CLOCHE.jpg

Why this is in french is beyond me! I am not french.

I am to say the least a little upset by this as I was almost finished!! Not sure what to do now.

Send this to your Tech guys.

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on Mar 7, 10 6:46 AM
I have had this error several times also. So far I've just hit enter once or twice and then it takes me to the mini-game. I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't get worse.

zoey13
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by zoey13 on Mar 7, 10 7:15 AM
Same here played twice w/o problem. Downloaded update hit enter on error message can't see part of puzzle. { ex the x's where rocks and crabs would go in puzzle or family totem in which you pick name of the 6th child } Wish I didn't update. Game work fine w/o update.

BTW Thanks for adding a game other than HOG nice change.

[Post New]by madmom1958 on Mar 7, 10 7:24 AM
divegal wrote:I'm having sound problems -- a bad echo, and lots of crackling. All drivers are definitely up-to-date and have no sound problem with any other program. Will contact CS but wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? Thanks..

Hey divegal,

I have no sound with my game. Did CS help at all? I did a post about no sound, lots are looking, but only 1 response to contact CS. They sometimes take forever to respond.

Any luck?

[Post New]by ronlin1944 on Mar 7, 10 10:00 AM
I have Windows XP and I was able to play the game fine until I came to puzzle 46, I believe it was with the Crabs and the Rocks -- I got an error message. Clicked OK and it continued to let me into the puzzle and found it real challenging until I found out you had to line up the rocks in the correct order about an inch from the bottom of the box and position the crabs about one-half inch below the rocks. I had already did puzzle 47, but I cannot find the Totem for puzzle 48 which is supposed to be at the beach. I have found 12/24 totems i Chapter 3 and cannot find anymore. I have used the map and all locations show 0 totems. Does anyone have any answers on how to go on from here.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Mar 7, 10 1:03 PM
madmom1958 wrote:
divegal wrote:I'm having sound problems -- a bad echo, and lots of crackling. All drivers are definitely up-to-date and have no sound problem with any other program. Will contact CS but wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? Thanks..

Hey divegal,

I have no sound with my game. Did CS help at all? I did a post about no sound, lots are looking, but only 1 response to contact CS. They sometimes take forever to respond.

Any luck?

madmom, I just reported yesterday so I guess I have to wait the 24-72....will definitely post again when I get a response.

CS taking forever? This is a new thing...but then there's been quite a run of glitchy games too. I hope it's all just a coincidence because it didn't used to be like this and I loved the way it was when glitches and rebuilds were rare and responses so quick, someone please tell me it will be that way again

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Mar 7, 10 3:12 PM
earthfairies wrote:I downloaded the game and it is awesome!! Plays well and I am almost at the end of the game I think. I am in the hidden area of the tree the secret area. However, I saw a notation when I went to play the game today and it said there was an update available. A HUGE MISTAKE on my part!!. I stupidly downloaded the update and now have an error message after doing 3 of the puzzles totems out of 7. When I get to the 4th totem I freeze and an error comes up in FRENCH!! and have to bring up task Manager to get out of the screen and delete the game.

TEXTURE:
data\Spr2\.ENIGME\ENG_315_QUELQUE_CHOSE_QUI_CLOCHE\ENG_315_QUELQUE_CHOSE_QUI_CLOCHE.jpg

I am to say the least a little upset by this as I was almost finished!! Not sure what to do now.

DITTO! I couldn't have said it better. I thought the message was in german or??? Hope they fix this one. I sent a message with a Dr. Felix to tech. I'll let everyone know if I get a fix, and please you do the same.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 7, 10 10:22 PM
notice this morning that there is a game update available.

Good luck, the problems I posted earlier in this thread took place AFTER the rebuild d/l. It's not worth the effort to bang my head & try to force a dev to do it right, I'll pass.

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Mar 7, 10 11:17 PM
aowyn wrote:

TEXTURE:

DITTO! I couldn't have said it better. I thought the message was in german or??? Hope they fix this one. I sent a message with a Dr. Felix to tech. I'll let everyone know if I get a fix, and please you do the same.

Ok so I thought I'd try again and whenever the TEXTURE message came up, which it did several times, I just hit enter and was finally able to finish the game! Enjoyed it but am glad it's over since all of the problems...oh well. . on to the next BFG!!!

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Mar 8, 10 12:00 AM
lineck wrote:Hi everyone from Aussie too
Mine crashed around Totem 10 on the first chapter it just hung could not cnt del so had to close down and restart. Then it ran okay until the end of Chapter 1 I got an access violation. I have XP a decent computer but the processor is running around 90% (need to upgrade soon) but plenty of memory. I love this game so hope it is fixed soon. I will be contacting Cuistomer Support. Hope everyone else does also, so they know there is a problem with the game and not the individual. Seems like too many problems lately, shame.

Cheers
lineck

Hi I'm an Aussie too & my game was great until I did their so called up-grade now unplayable & because of time difference have to wait 3 days without being able to play & yeah it is a really great game,I had played it once through with no probs before the fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 03/08/2010 at 12:04:06 AM PST

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Mar 8, 10 1:06 AM
Well, I didn`t do the upgrade. My game installed and played all the way through with no problems, so I thought what isn`t broke, no need to fix. Glad I didn`t now. Sorry for all those who are still having problems

[Post New]by sbback on Mar 8, 10 6:04 AM
While the technical staff can not comment, my suggestion is to create a new character and go through all steps of the game dictated by the characters (Maeda et all) without diverting the path at any time. In the last 2 or 3 tangrans I gave skip, because when I tried to do the tangram, the windows closed the game. With this problem you can´t finish the game without the walkthrough. Good luck!

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Mar 8, 10 6:36 AM
Hey Fishies!

Not to worry, we're currently looking in to the issues with the crab totem, the mill, and zone 1. We will keep the forums updated when we find out what's going on!

In the mean time try starting the game over with a new player profile to see if this helps resolve the issue.

Hang in there!

-bfgOkeechobee

gudrun_se
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gudrun_se on Mar 8, 10 9:23 AM
You just hace to puch enter when you have a french message or the black screen, it works for me !

[Post New]by tektek666 on Mar 8, 10 12:10 PM
I downloaded the game yesterday, and despite of this bugs, I finished the game (i did what gudrun_re said).
But it agree it's not perfect, this update is really strange, don't understand what it fixed.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Mar 8, 10 6:18 PM
After back-and-forth with CS, updating my drivers etc. (which were current) it just won't run on my computer without unbearably scratchy sound. I don't have this problem with any other program. I know that not every program will work on every computer but lately there's been a run of games with SO many problems and rebuilds. What's going on?

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 10, 10 10:58 AM
Dang it all! I want to play this game, but nothing works. I'm tired of reporting to CS and getting all the canned emails about updating drivers, etc. DONE THAT ALREADY!!! Seems like all the games I want to play are the ones with the tech issues that won't go away.

And the error messages are in French because Ouat is a French developer. And I have played other Ouat games, like Miss Teri Tales, without any problems.

Are we sure this is not a DRM issue from BFG or Frogware???

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 10, 10 1:18 PM
Hi fishies,

There was a new build released yesterday that corrected the issue with the French error message. There should be an 'Update' in your Game Manager that will install the new build. If there isn't an 'Update' button, you can uninstall and reinstall your game, which should correct the issue.

You may also need to create a new player profile once you reinstall.

Thanks,

bfgTigris

Re:Post any Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua technical issues here only

[Post New]by blaurita1 on Mar 11, 10 1:54 AM
Follow the direction on removing and redownloading the last update still same problem in chapter three you need 24 totem but after collecting 12 there are no other totem.

burozkok
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua technical issues here only

[Post New]by burozkok on Mar 11, 10 5:20 AM
blaurita1 wrote:Follow the direction on removing and redownloading the last update still same problem in chapter three you need 24 totem but after collecting 12 there are no other totem.

Mine is 11/24 and happened as soon as I completed "the time challenge." The sparkling hints point me to "River" but there is nothing there interact and I am told that challenge is not completed by "the lady" although it was.

Real frustrating...Nice game but terrible programming faults.

Go to: