dgbtrbgh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:New Build Available for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/24/08

[Post New]by dgbtrbgh on Nov 6, 08 6:37 AM
SO WHAT'S THE STORY? IF I DOWNLOAD THE GAME AND BUY IT NOW AM I GETTING THE GAME WITH THE NEW BUILD IN IT?

Re:New Build Available for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/24/08

[Post New]by puzzlefiend on Nov 6, 08 11:39 AM
LadyPhoenix wrote:GOOD NEWS!!!! I downloaded a new version of the big fish sub...The thing that the games download to and such. After I downloaded it I got the best surprise. The game was playable again. No corruption error and I was able to play from where I left off. For those of you that have had the same problem I highly recomend the new download of the game doc. I don't know what to call it. For now I will keep my fingers crossed that the error doesn't come back.

I too got the message from the brillian BFG support staff to download the stub to the desktop to see if I could then play Samantha Swift, but to no avail. I was still faced with the message about the corrupted sfs header.

I do hope BFG are working on a solution for everyone regarding this issue. It's great that this works for some gamers, but I'm still wanting desperately to play the game.

Here's hoping xx

Edited on 11/06/2008 at 11:42:12 AM PST

[Post New]by LadyPhoenix on Nov 7, 08 3:37 AM
are you talking about the game or the update for the for the bf client that shows all the games you have purchased and downloaded to play? That is what i updated when I downloaded a game trial...did it automaticly for me.

[Post New]by LadyPhoenix on Nov 7, 08 6:49 PM
puzzlefiend wrote:
LadyPhoenix wrote:are you talking about the game or the update for the for the bf client that shows all the games you have purchased and downloaded to play? That is what i updated when I downloaded a game trial...did it automaticly for me.

No, this was specific instructions from the BFG support team to save to the desktop, then to right click on the game stub, then to 'unblock' then to run as administrator, all of which I carried out, but to no avail. The game still wouldn't work for me, but maybe they are still working on this problem. BFG are the best after all.

I was told that too and I did all that with the same issue. Try updating the client that shows all your games. There is a buttom down in the left hand corner that shows what version you have. if you click on it, it will check and see if you have the most up to date version of the client.

The most up to date vesion I have is 1.2.5.17. If you are still confused a can do up some screenshots for you.

[Post New]by puzzlefiend on Nov 8, 08 12:54 AM
LadyPhoenix wrote:
puzzlefiend wrote:
LadyPhoenix wrote:are you talking about the game or the update for the for the bf client that shows all the games you have purchased and downloaded to play? That is what i updated when I downloaded a game trial...did it automaticly for me.

No, this was specific instructions from the BFG support team to save to the desktop, then to right click on the game stub, then to 'unblock' then to run as administrator, all of which I carried out, but to no avail. The game still wouldn't work for me, but maybe they are still working on this problem. BFG are the best after all.

I was told that too and I did all that with the same issue. Try updating the client that shows all your games. There is a buttom down in the left hand corner that shows what version you have. if you click on it, it will check and see if you have the most up to date version of the client.

The most up to date vesion I have is 1.2.5.17. If you are still confused a can do up some screenshots for you.

Hello again Lady Phoenix - thank you for your very kind offer.
I've checked the client number just as you suggested and they are the same numbers as you have. I think I'm going to have to sit this one out, until BFG maybe comes up with a new new new build!

I don't have a problem of this nature with any other games I've bought from BFG or anywhere else, so it's obviously specifically to do with this game.

Ah, well - c'est la vie!

[Post New]by dragfly on Nov 8, 08 5:06 PM
I too had the same problem with the error message(sfs,etc.), after buying the game. I tried to reinstall it by the instructions BFG's gave me but to no avail. Now I have a crazy question. What is a "game stub"?

Thanks for your help!

[Post New]by LadyPhoenix on Nov 9, 08 4:04 PM
dragfly wrote:I too had the same problem with the error message(sfs,etc.), after buying the game. I tried to reinstall it by the instructions BFG's gave me but to no avail. Now I have a crazy question. What is a "game stub"?

Thanks for your help!

The game stub that was menioned was the game icon that was saved to the desktop before the game is installed.

grammyd02
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by grammyd02 on Nov 13, 08 11:50 AM
Hi I got the game in October but just got to the doors now and also have trouble, but noticed there is a new build which you posted a message for in October,so I was wondering if it is available yet?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 17, 08 8:46 PM
lind0808 wrote:Help. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game. When I began the game again it went straight to the doors. And its still the same. I can't do anything. Please help. Thanks.
You have to start the game over as another player.

[Post New]by chipnsas on Nov 19, 08 12:17 PM
I would like to have a new build. I get stuck at the Market and there are no tools to use to find the blue items.

[Post New]by worthwhile on Nov 22, 08 8:35 PM
I had no problems once I got turned around in the market thanks for the answer from one of you here. Is there going to be a sequel?

[Post New]by worthwhile on Nov 22, 08 8:36 PM
chipnsas wrote:I would like to have a new build. I get stuck at the Market and there are no tools to use to find the blue items.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 22, 08 8:44 PM
chipnsas wrote:I would like to have a new build. I get stuck at the Market and there are no tools to use to find the blue items.
To get back to the first market is at the bottom of the screen. Put your cursor around the wooden sign in the middle of the bottom of the screen and you will see the way back. Good luck!

primehen7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by primehen7 on Nov 28, 08 2:45 PM
[sCould you tell me if the new build is ready to download yet < Please. ize=14][/size]

[Post New]by billybobgames on Nov 28, 08 7:50 PM

Got through the doors and put all of the roses where they belong and the lasers DO NOT go away. There is no way to place that last item where it belongs.

Is this going to be taken care of in the new fix?

I think this is at the very end of the game and really do not like the idea of having to do it over again when I feel (based on the story line) was just about at the end.

Margie

[Post New]by mimimimi123 on Dec 29, 08 12:36 PM
Please i am stuck i can not find where to ask a question so may you please try to push me in the general direction. I have had this game for ages i can see now why i havent played it lately, i can not get any further than a black screen looking for Dr. Butler, i have used up all my 12 hints trying to find him. I have in my tools, Roses, red gold blue mauve green, a shield and a scarf. I can see i have more play so help please xx Miriam

Re:New Build for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - COMING SOON

[Post New]by Needletime2 on May 17, 09 1:53 PM
070650 wrote:I am glad there will be a build for all the rest of the players.I just now finished the game after doing it over once.,when there isn't a glitch,the panel doors go really well,but when you don't know why it isn't ,it can drive you crazy.,but I really loved the game,and hope there is another exactly like it not far in the future.It came almost addictive,couldn't wait to get back to it every chance I had.
But the rest with the build ,enjoy! I am looking for a sequel too.

How did you get the panel doors to work??? Love this game and if you can tell me, wont have to wait for the build.........maybe.
Thanks

focusgame
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by focusgame on Jun 1, 09 9:22 PM
hi guys this a great game and i m having trouble with the market when i use the tools it tells me to use onother tool
but i dont have any other tool i used all of them and none of them works can any one help please

focusgame
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by focusgame on Jun 1, 09 9:57 PM
thank you i read the instractions for the market now im stuck on the next level again the same thing the tools dont work , can any one help please

focusgame
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by focusgame on Jun 1, 09 10:02 PM
worthwhile wrote:you need to go back and forth to find the tools and to do some trading with the boy and buy from the lady selling things

thank you for your tips it was really helpful i passed the market thanks to your tip now im stuck on the next level no tools work again

Go to: