Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Masanders on Mar 12, 10 11:02 PM
It downloaded fine. No problems there.
I had to play it in a small window. . . . . . . annoying.
Every time I moved forward or in any direction in the game that brought up a new screen, the monitor would blink (go black for a second and then show the new screen). When trying to travel through several screens to get to a specific place, the blinking gave me a headache.

The game looks fun and if it didn't have the problems I mentioned I might consider buying it.

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gma5 on Mar 12, 10 11:36 PM
Still, the game will not open. My husband talked me making some changes & using "game booster", After this, the 3rd time I've downloaded it, re-starting my computer 4/5 tmes and still it downloads but WILL NOT OPEN. I'm running windows xp, bfg please help, those who have been able to play are making me drool!

[Post New]by cantwaltz on Mar 13, 10 6:00 AM
Hi, here's an issue I haven't seen mentioned. Once I click on the key in the gravestone and try to move it, it freezes and maxes out my CPU. I'm running IE 8 and Vista. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

[Post New]by oversoon2001 on Mar 15, 10 11:14 AM
I love this game. Made it to chaper 12 but have hit a snag. I've been placing the discs on the white rose altar as I found them. After placing 4 discs the remaining 4 (which I found later) won't go on the altar. There is no way to remove already placed discs. Looks like I should have saved them all and placed them all at once. See no other solution other than to start over (#**!!##) Any Help? Ooops, finally figured it out. There are nine discs. Once I finally found the "boot" disc, all was OK.

Edited on 03/15/2010 at 12:53:08 PM PST

[Post New]by beccasmummy on Mar 17, 10 7:53 AM
Loving this game and downloaded with no probls...

BUT....about half hour into the game...the cursor freezes and cant continue the game
have to cont/alt/del to get out of it...

Any suggestions????

[Post New]by rumitilda on Mar 20, 10 10:44 PM
I downloaded the game, but it stuck in "saving file" mode indefinitely. Eventually just had to delete it. I also have had no problems downloading games except for the Tradewinds games last year or more.

[Post New]by dartmiss on Mar 22, 10 4:46 AM
I downloaded and played the trial version liked it so I bought it and now I can't get it to come up when I click on it. Don't know what is wrong.

[Post New]by Gothicrose100 on Mar 22, 10 5:52 AM
I didnt have any trouble downloading or playing the main game, but when I got into the additional game of the Frog Prince, it refused to drop the I-wallpaper disc...
I couldnt finish it

[Post New]by paurae on Mar 22, 10 8:38 PM
I am having the "half screen" problem, as are many others. The first mention of this (that I saw) in this forum is dated Mar. 11th -- but I see no response, or even acknowledgement of the problem, from BFG. Did I miss it?

[Post New]by englishtee on Mar 23, 10 10:42 AM
I had no problems downloading the game, but it takes several times to place some of the earned things in their places, and the response can also be slow. Then I got to chapter 8 when you put the owl together in the tree and then place another key like obstacle on top of the owl. I was supposed to get something, but never did. I keep going back to the whole in the tree, but the owl has gone. Now I cannot continue on!!!! I tried saving the game and going back, but all is lost. Any suggestions? I hope that BFG is going to make it right with all these problems. I really was enjoying the game until this happened. I wish I had read all of these problems, and I probably would not have spent the $20 for this game!!!!

Terri

[Post New]by englishtee on Mar 23, 10 12:08 PM
Well I tried a different player. Started from the beginning again, got to the owl and the same thing happened. So there is a problem with the game.

Terri

[Post New]by kaurus on Mar 23, 10 6:51 PM
I've just placed the black and white roses at the gate but it won't open. According to the Guide, it's supposed to open once the roses are in place. Is this a malfunction, or have I missed something, or is Guide wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Mar 27, 10 8:44 AM
Downloaded the Collectors Edition and it was fine. This morning I saw the regular version was available and I downloaded it in order to compare it to the CE. Well I decided to buy the regular version with the 30% off...............so I went to the game manager to uninstall the CE (which of course had ended when the 60minutes trial was up!!!!!) . Clicked UNINSTALL and it starts the process and then I get a notice that it can't uninstall since the game is still running. Went to the control panel and tried to uninstall and it would not work either, I can hear the occasional thunder from the game as I am writing this. The CE is still on my program list and can't remove it from there.

My next try was to uninstall the regular trial version to see if that would do the trick but still hear game in the background and haven't a clue as to how to remove it.

I do want to buy the regular version this weekend if possible but don't want to until this problem is resolved.................Hope you can help.

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Mar 27, 10 9:17 AM
Shut down and restarted my computer...................that seems to have fixed the problem..........game does not show up in the Game Manager but I checked the control panel and game was still there but it did uninstall.

I f you did something "Thank You" if you didn't "thank you" for anyway...............have a great weekend.

My first e-mail to you morphed me to a Seahorse, so it was worth it. I'm happy!!!

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Mar 27, 10 4:31 PM
Amazing, this is the first game in months I have NOT had a problem with except for the gears in the horse puzzle which will not stay where they are supposed to. I finally had to take the 5 minute penalty and skip the puzzle.

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Mar 27, 10 5:18 PM
Hi bfgFlounder, If you read my 2 tech.problem e-mails earlier I would like you to know that I almost sent another one regarding Dark Parables--still running in the background but I hesitated because I could not find any evidence of the game still running....................well being the computer savvy person I am NOT I finally found out what was going on (the initial uninstall problem did occur), this morning I downloaded to my desktop the Weather Channels site and where I live we have been having rain and some thunder........It seems that part of the Weather Channels daily weather it also has thunderclaps in the background which surprised the heck out of me..................I can't figure out what sounds they will have for a sunny day or snow.

Thanks for listening and hope you have a good rest of the weekend.

[Post New]by reorgqueen on Mar 28, 10 7:10 PM
Yeah I had no problem downloading the game and I was able to play the demo with no issue. Now that I bought the game it started crashing. I restarted my computer time.

redw00d
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by redw00d on Mar 28, 10 11:08 PM
Terri218 wrote: I have NOT had a problem with except for the gears in the horse puzzle which will not stay where they are supposed to. I finally had to take the 5 minute penalty and skip the puzzle.

Me too. Now I can't get past it in Hard Mode.

[Post New]by tinheart on Apr 9, 10 9:20 PM
I am trying to trial verison.. cursor keeps freezing. Uninstalled and loaded again with same results.

[Post New]by 7rjohnson on Apr 12, 10 6:32 PM
I haven't had a problem downloading the game, I have a problem with it just crashing in a short amount of playing time. It's annoying. I'm going to try deleting the whole game and download it again.

Go to: