Re:Welcome to Around the World in 80 Days forum

[Post New]by angelom1224 on May 6, 13 6:12 PM
I am stuck on day 29! I have tried everything I know how and cannot figure out how to get the tiles in the far left column to break free. Can someone please tell me what it takes to pass this level before I give up and delete it? I play it on a kindle fire if that helps at all. THANKS!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 6, 13 8:42 PM
Welcome to the pond, angelom1224

I can't remember if 29 is the one with the cat pieces or the one that has a row of holes going up one column near the left side. If it is the cat pieces one, keep breaking out the tiles at the bottom two corners over and over until the pieces up top fall all the way through the background and out. If it is the one with the column of holes, it helps to break the ice close to the holes first (match the tiles encased in the ice until the ice goes away; this is easiest done with horizontals). Then make some moves around the bottom left and bottom center, around the holes so that the tiles are getting shuffled around here and there. This will drop the left side piece down gradually. Use the hammer or Tesla hammer to clear out a few more tiles as needed to move the left side piece all the way down. Hope that helps!

sharalea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sharalea on May 7, 13 12:29 PM
Well, I just finished Journey #153 with a score of 73 million 900 some thousand with 768 lives. Now I can't open the game so I must have burned it out. I was so hooked on playing that is what I found myself doing most of the day and night. Now will be able to get my regular duties done.

[Post New]by angelom1224 on May 10, 13 4:48 AM
Hello! thanks so much for your response! the one I cant get past is the cobra vulture level...the last one of day 29. All the tiles are in a separate column on the left and is not connected to the game board. I noticed the puzzle pieces move when you slide them but wont go anywhere. I cant get the bottom locked pieces of the column to disappear after blasting so I can get to the puzzle pieces. Do you recognize that scenario? It is completely different than any level I have played so far. thanks for any help you can give!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 10, 13 6:38 PM
angelom1224 wrote:Hello! thanks so much for your response! the one I cant get past is the cobra vulture level...the last one of day 29. All the tiles are in a separate column on the left and is not connected to the game board. I noticed the puzzle pieces move when you slide them but wont go anywhere. I cant get the bottom locked pieces of the column to disappear after blasting so I can get to the puzzle pieces. Do you recognize that scenario? It is completely different than any level I have played so far. thanks for any help you can give!

Hi again, I have the PC version and there is one column on the far left and the column next to it has an alternating tiles and holes pattern. Then there is a large section of the board to the right of that, and there are some ice blocks holding up tiles here and there in the large section. I just focus on breaking out the ice closest to the left by making horizontals and eventally enough of the area is freed up so that matches around the holes are possible. This will move the piece up in the top left corner down gradually. Then just use the powerups to help move it all the way down. If the Kindle version has column(s) completely off by themselves that sounds like a glitch in the game. Hope that helps.

[Post New]by chris196078 on May 28, 13 3:44 PM
char73 wrote:I am on my second go around but I am stuck on day 55 in Japan. Cant seem to get past it. How do I get rid of the stones. Please help.
Thank You
Char

[Post New]by chris196078 on May 28, 13 3:46 PM
char73 wrote:I am on my second go around but I am stuck on day 55 in Japan. Cant seem to get past it. How do I get rid of the stones. Please help.
Thank You
Char

[Post New]by chris196078 on May 28, 13 4:01 PM
stuck in 55 pleaseomeone help me

[Post New]by chris196078 on May 28, 13 4:04 PM
chris196078 wrote:stuck in 55 pleaseomeone help me

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 28, 13 5:45 PM
Welcome to the pond, chris196078

I can't remember what this board looks like off the top of my head, but if there are pieces in corners with walls all around them, you'll have to keep clearing out the tiles at the very bottom of the screen until the pieces fall through the background and drop all the way through. If there are brick walls in the way, you have to either vertically or horizontally flip the pieces over one or more columns until they have a clear pathway to fall through. I posted various types of vertical/horizontal flips in this thread (the thread is for Day 60, but this strategy works for any board that has brick walls). Hope that helps.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/31447.page

[Post New]by brendis59 on Jul 13, 13 7:15 PM
Hi, please hep in level 58 japon, i am lost i n ye game. Thanks

[Post New]by christysdaz on Oct 31, 13 7:20 AM
I'm stuck on day 53 in China...I can't figure out how to blow up that wall on the bottom right. Any suggestions?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 31, 13 4:50 PM
Welcome to the pond, christysdaz

If 53 is the one that has a large triangular block of brick walls at the bottom right, you don't do anything with that part of the board at all. The trick to winning it is not to move any of the pieces in the top section over to the right side where the bricks are. I think you may have to shift the piece on the farthest right over one column maybe, or it may already have a clear path to fall just as long as it doesn't get moved over to the right.

If it is a different board than the one I'm thinking of, any pieces that are held up by the brick walls need to be shifted over to a column that doesn't have a brick wall in it so that they will have a pathway to drop through. This can be done with vertical or horizontal flips (get three of the same color around a piece and match them to shift the piece).

How to keep alive without going back to the start of a country!!!

[Post New]by bluehole on Dec 18, 13 10:51 AM
How to keep alive without going back to the start of a country!!! I discovered by accident that if you are using Win7, you can exit the game without losing a life at the end of a failed level. Here's how....

When you get the message that you have lost a life, the game will not let you leave without restarting the level, so you are stuck playing until you lose all your lives or succeed in the level.

BUT, if you simply put Windows into "sleep" mode, the game will crash, and when you return to the desktop from sleep, you can simply restart the game as though you hadn't played. You keep all of your lives and can start fresh from the level that failed!

[Post New]by revkev45 on Jan 31, 14 7:21 PM
i have been playing around the world for some time. my question is how many levels are there?
i am currently on level 79 with a score of 42195670 and 237 lives.
can any one answer my question.
Rev Kev

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 31, 14 9:01 PM
Welcome to the pond, revkev45

The game has 81 levels, but it never "ends" because after you complete day 81 it just starts over on another journey.

[Post New]by krn847 on Mar 20, 14 12:12 PM
You CAN finish Around th World in 80 Days. Day 78 is 3 firebombs. Everyone has trouble with that. All I can say is you have to be patient with each level and be willing to try them over and over if necessary. Day 81 is hard if you aren't sure what to do. You have to slide the little piece of the wedding ring to the far outside square or slide it one in from the side. Try to do this before you drop them down a row, starting with the top pieces. That may not be possible but it simplifies things. Some games are a lost cause and I often restart a level, if it goes nonwhere too long.

[Post New]by laliweeta on Apr 1, 14 10:12 AM
Had this game for long time, I uninstalled but it's still there so I get re-tempted but it's now fun anymore the "stone barriers" are just to hard to get passed. can the "game guru" at BFG create different version maybe with skip tab, or not have all the pieces in one row. This time I am stuck on day 49. Ready to give up AGAIN!.

[Post New]by bighibby70 on Sep 22, 14 12:04 PM
Have now scored over 15 and a half million points and now have 128 lives. Have been round the circuit numerous times. Can anyone beat this

Debbi190
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Debbi190 on Dec 10, 14 8:46 PM
I am also stuck on day 78, All I get is single hammers. Is there a way to get different tools when you need them or do you just have to hope that the right tool comes along at the right time.

Go to: