Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:Post any Vampireville technical issues here only

[Post New]by Helmaron on Mar 28, 10 2:30 AM
PVMaine wrote:A new name doesn't work. They had me down load and use a DrFelixResults that still didn't fix it. I wrote them and they said that they would fix it but nothing so far. I am getting tired of waiting for them to fix it.

I also ran a Dr Felix and was advised to update my SiS video card. I tried to do this, but was unable to to this as my Driver was not suitable. I have e-mailed SiS over a week ago, but have still not received a reply from them.

I was also advised to update my Microsoft Direct X, Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Shockwave. I did this and I still couldn't get the Umbrella and Reel of Film out of the box (Chapter 15.)

I have since replied to the original BF email and advised them that I was trying to get in touch with SiS and BF replied that I had done the right thing and then suggested that the game had stopped working because my current driver has only 32 MB where as the game was, (I think,) 128 Mb. It was also suggested that in future I play the trial BEFORE I buy a game. I DID and I got to chapter 6 with NO PROBLEM.

I have also downloaded other games which, when I checked had more that 32 Mbs, usually over 100 and they have NOT caused me any problems.

I am going to try one more time to find a bigger driver. I have been sent a voucher to buy a replacement game, but I haven't used it. I want to finish THIS game.

niagru
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by niagru on Mar 28, 10 2:19 PM
Got all the way to chapter23 and left . When I came back it came up as brand new game. I had just lost 22 chapters of hard work. AAAAAAAGH!
I want to know how it ends but I am going to delete it and come back to it again, right now I am to disgusted.

[Post New]by tfrog29 on Mar 31, 10 10:17 AM
I haven't had any problems with the game so far, but I'm at 16-2 and the golf game isn't working. I got the ball in the hole, but it just keeps rolling back and forth (inside the hole!) and it seems like since it doesn't actually stop, the game doesn't consider it "done". Otherwise, it's been great so far.

any ideas?

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Apr 1, 10 2:41 PM
Is anyone else having trouble picking up knife from behind mirror in storeroom. I can move the mirror but when I click behind it (a million times) nothing !! I have checked out walkthrough and am clicking in the right place - help !!

Had to skip last part of chapter 15 due to not being able to pickup reel of film and umbrella - does anyone know if these issues have been sorted as yet.

I just want to get one with the game and don't really want to skip parts !!

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Apr 1, 10 2:53 PM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies,

Thanks for your posts. We are currently looking into the issue with emptying the box in Chapter 15.

The best way to get these types of issues resolved is by contacting our Customer Support team. They will gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem. If you would like to continue to assist us with this issue, we ask that you please send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support.

Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

<a href= http://games.bigfishgames.com/RightNowImages/TechTools/Dr.FelixBigFishGames.exe>Click here to start Dr. Felix</a>

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.

2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.

3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.

4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the ‘Next’ button.

5. A .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.

6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/160/kw/attach%20a%20file/r_id/109674">here</a> for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

I want to reiterate that if you're uncomfortable with any of the above steps, just shoot an email to <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Customer Support</a> or hop in to <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/192/>Live Chat</a> if you're a Game Club Member, and a CS Representative will be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks,

bfgTigris

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Apr 1, 10 2:55 PM
Hi there, I ran Dr Felix and carried out all the updates as suggested and I still cannot get the reel of film and umbrella out of the box - so skipped the last part of the chapter. I am now stuck on getting the knife from behind the mirror in the storeroom. The mirror moves aside and click in the space (have check out walkthrough) about a million times and still no knife. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Apr 2, 10 6:18 AM
goddess280653 wrote:Hi there, I ran Dr Felix and carried out all the updates as suggested and I still cannot get the reel of film and umbrella out of the box - so skipped the last part of the chapter. I am now stuck on getting the knife from behind the mirror in the storeroom. The mirror moves aside and click in the space (have check out walkthrough) about a million times and still no knife. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

How did you skip the end of the chapter. I don't recall seeing a skip button?

EDIT

Just noticed the date on your post. It was an April Fool's joke, wasn't it? If It was I am VERY ticked off. :'¬(((((((((((((((((((

Edited on 04/02/2010 at 10:44:53 AM PST

[Post New]by sweeswee2003 on Apr 3, 10 9:08 AM
Yet again, I can't progress past the film reel and umbrella. If there's no fix in the next couple of days, I want a refund, thanks.

[Post New]by aleegin on Apr 4, 10 10:11 PM
I am also having trouble in Chapter 15 with the umbrella and reel. I tried click on the following web-site

<a href= http://games.bigfishgames.com/RightNowImages/TechTools/Dr.FelixBigFishGames.exe>Click here to start Dr. Felix</a>

and nothing happened.

[Post New]by juanitaallen on Apr 10, 10 12:25 PM
I am having the same problems with level 15. Has it been resolved? I have tried the suggestions that were posted. Really like the game and would like to finish.

JANE2561 wrote:Chapter 15....... Still can't get the umbrella or the film reel out of the box.... I've tried everything and I've given up.... Fix it or issue me a credit.... Thanks

[Post New]by jesjes44 on Apr 11, 10 4:24 PM
i have tried to remove umbrella and reel of film but it wont let me. everything under umbrella came fine how do i get the umbrella to come out of the box. i have tried everything i can think of. Can someone please help

[Post New]by mamabear1211 on Apr 12, 10 10:19 PM
I downloaded the game and got past the "conversational introduction" to the 1st chapter. I found the scissors, tape, & glue. But no amount of clicking on anything on the screen would let me tape the paper together, which meant I couldn't go any further. If Big Fish wants to sell me this game, they need to tell me how it works.

hmetzger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by hmetzger on Apr 17, 10 6:46 AM
Has anyone managed to fix the umbrella/reel of film issue in chapter 15?? I would really like to finish the game... :-( been checking back every few days... is there a patch yet that I can download?? clue??

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Apr 17, 10 9:42 AM
hmetzger wrote:Has anyone managed to fix the umbrella/reel of film issue in chapter 15?? I would really like to finish the game... :-( been checking back every few days... is there a patch yet that I can download?? clue??

Not at the moment. I hope they will soon. I LIKE this game and am desperate to finish it.

I am having to practice patience and I'm not very good at that.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 17, 10 10:03 AM
Hi fishies,

We are still working on the issue with Chapter 15. We apologize for the trouble and are doing our best to find a fix. For those that are trying to run the Dr. Felix. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. It's function is like taking inventory of the files in your computer, so it doesn't actually fix anything itself, but it allows our team to see things they wouldn't be able to normally see. This is why it's important to send this in with your email to customer support. It's a big help.

Here is a link to my earlier post that explains how to run the Dr. Felix and how to attach it to your email. Click here

Hope this helps, and again, thank you for your patience.
bfgTigris

[Post New]by beav_becky on Apr 24, 10 8:29 AM
deijiara wrote:Well I made it to Chapter 19 without a glitch. Then I hit the literal brick wall. As soon as I get past the first step of sorting the family tree, I get kicked back to my desktop. I have literally no other issues with the game. But, I either want a solution or my credit back. I have windows Vista, nice and updated, no other glitches or errors and trust me, I'd notice those because I downloaded 3 other games at the same I downloaded this one.

The same thing happened to me. I have had not any issues at all until this happened. It kicks me back to my desktop as soon as I complete the family tree. I am running Windows XP, so it's not an issue with your Vista.

kissthis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kissthis on Apr 28, 10 2:28 PM
Has game been fixed yet? Stuck at 15-3 like most others.

hmetzger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by hmetzger on May 2, 10 9:02 AM

We are still working on the issue with Chapter 15. We apologize for the trouble and are doing our best to find a fix. For those that are trying to run the Dr. Felix. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. It's function is like taking inventory of the files in your computer, so it doesn't actually fix anything itself, but it allows our team to see things they wouldn't be able to normally see. This is why it's important to send this in with your email to customer support. It's a big help.

Here is a link to my earlier post that explains how to run the Dr. Felix and how to attach it to your email. <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/40/85505.page#1585532">Click here</a>

bfgTigris

Thank you! The update gives me hope! :-) I really enjoyed this game until this point and really do want to finish it... question - when the patch comes out, does it automatically download if I'm logged in to BF?? Never downloaded a patch from you guys in 2 years of membership, so am unsure how that works... THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on May 3, 10 10:42 AM
hmetzger wrote:

Here is a link to my earlier post that explains how to run the Dr. Felix and how to attach it to your email. <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/40/85505.page#1585532">Click here</a>

bfgTigris

Thank you! The update gives me hope! :-) I really enjoyed this game until this point and really do want to finish it... question - when the patch comes out, does it automatically download if I'm logged in to BF?? Never downloaded a patch from you guys in 2 years of membership, so am unsure how that works... THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!

If there is a patch or update it will appear on your game manager. They are usually, I think, a cream "button" on the top of the frame of your game manager where it shows your green list of games.

Hope that makes sense.
Helen

[Post New]by barbarame on May 5, 10 9:25 PM
Helmaron wrote:Chapter 15 problem.

Umbrella and reel of film will not come out of the box.

Tried hint and it just highlighted the umbrella. when I clicked on the dratted thing it wouldn't move.

Things which were totally covered by the umbrella were removed from the box when I clicked the umbrella. These items were the doll and the knife.

I also had the white box when I tried to dry the medical file, but I could also work round it.

Could someone PLEASE help me fix it as I really want to find out if the heir is who I think it is!

My computer has Windows XP

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem I also have XP I hope they find a fix for us.

Edited on 05/05/2010 at 9:26:29 PM PST

Go to: