oct2447
Stingray
Stingray
5,937 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Alice in Wonderland

[Post New]by oct2447 on Mar 21, 10 1:17 AM
Stiff, uninteresting, bad music...............am SO disappointed! I was looking for a new exciting game........this isn't it!

msdrake
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by msdrake on Mar 21, 10 6:09 AM
I didn't like this game at all, didn't even finish the demo which I almost always do.

This is a DO NOT BUY for me!!!

[Post New]by Blivitz777 on Mar 21, 10 7:18 AM
WoW, This was truly a TRIP TO NEVERLAND, not Wonderland. I want my game club credit back.

mariets
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mariets on Mar 21, 10 8:28 AM
justnorma wrote:What a complete waste of time and talent! This game looked as though it had so much potential! But the constant rhythmic lightning and thunder had me with a headache as well. This can't be a coincedence, as so many others have had the same experience.

After a bit the lightning and thunder stopped and I was so hopeful, but then it started again! Just impossible!

SO disappointed!!!

Same here, I was starting to feel sick after less than 10 mins of the free hour so I exited the game.

Kimbrum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Kimbrum on Mar 21, 10 10:55 AM
andyjen wrote:I went to play the game, and straight off I couldnt get the key to open the front door. Because at the bottom of the screen where the key was, the menu and the hint button took up about 2 inches of the screen. It covered the steps ,only step showing was the top one, Anybody else have the samr problem. Any solutions available please.

The key is in the HANGING BASKET at the right of the screen, However, there are problems getting key to open door! Cursor does not always change!

Hope this helps.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 21, 10 12:32 PM
Well, I'm clearing thru my backlog of demos rather quickly, since it seems they're all so bad I don't have to play them for an hr to realize it!

I quit at the 1st spot the difference. I needed 2 more, clicked on everything in sight, couldn't find anything. Hint head opened up to show me gears but unless the hint is as fast as the lightning flashes it doesn't appear to be usable in an STD scene. I'm not wasting a whole demo stuck on a stupid STD! And yes, the lightning & thunder was annoying & way too frequent. Made it hard to see things. This IS billed as a HOG, right? Apparently made by devs who don't understand the concept of how they're played b/c it's impossible to scan a scene that keeps flaring at you. I don't care if it goes away eventually. It should've left as soon as I got thru the door. Graphix didn't seem to know if they wanted to be nice or blurry. Music repetitious & grating.

I thought this was going to be something quirky & fun....like Alice in Wonderland was, maybe? Lewis Carroll must be spinning in his grave atm to see what's been done to his work.

[Post New]by saskitten on Mar 21, 10 2:58 PM
this game was really disappointing. I only bothered finishing it because I had purchased it. Very repetitive puzzles and quite tedious hidden object game. Expected a lot more. Note to myself - check the forums before you buy in future!
Would be ok as a free online game but there are MANY better games to spend money on that dont repeat the same puzzles again and again.

polexia
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by polexia on Mar 21, 10 3:35 PM
Hated the music, the lightning was super annoying, the graphics are pretty but not weird enough, and I often ended up trying to figure out what they wanted me to do next. Didn't seem to come together all that well. Didn't bother finishing the demo.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 22, 10 1:28 AM
I'm on the fence with this game. I love the graphics and the story, the characters and the IHOG. The music is haunting and beautiful but soon turns to monotonous. It's the mini games that make me hesitate. I love the mini games in IHOGS the best. These mini games are repetitive with the gears and I'm not overly fond of that. There's also sliders which I love and any kind of jigsaw puzzle is great. But I don't know. I got through half the game in the demo.

If I need an extra game to fill a card then I might get this one, but for now it's a no buy for me.

sbyrd
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by sbyrd on Mar 22, 10 9:09 AM
So far, I'm enjoying the game very much

[Post New]by CLUELESS35861 on Mar 22, 10 12:00 PM
If you are on windows 7, you will need to "personalize" from "aero" to "basic" or, "classic", and I believe most of your crowbar and oil issues will go away. Like so many of these games, it will not run with pre-set windows 3-d like "aero".

[Post New]by grungeandglitter on Mar 22, 10 12:10 PM

Waste of money! Took me only a couple of hours total to finish it (not all at one time) and it wasn't as interesting as the others I have played. Was way too short and easy!

tntbledsoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tntbledsoe on Mar 22, 10 7:09 PM
DO NOT waste your money on this one. I almost quit playing it after the first five minutes, but continued thinking it would get better. Wasted a whole hour on a really bad game. Music was giving me a migraine. Lightning was driving me crazy. For as few areas as there are to explore it was confusing to know which way to go and what to get. I just couldn't commit to this one. Oh, and I really didn't like the story either. I really wanted it to be the Alice in Wonderland story, but it was so far fetched and goofy. Sorry Big Fish, I'm usually a great supporter.

[Post New]by reeree444 on Mar 22, 10 8:16 PM
How do I get my money back, I can't get in the first door?

[Post New]by TexasTornado_ on Mar 23, 10 1:05 AM
I was hoping that this would be a good game. I was wrong!!

1. the incessant lighting flashing not only left my head pounding but my nerves frayed.
2. I pressed hint, clicked where told to and nothing happened.

I was very disappointed in this game and didn't even get to play to form this opinion either.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Mar 23, 10 1:58 AM
I actually liked the game very much. First of all I usually play with the music turned off (so one major thing people hate about the game didn't faze me at all). The graphics were great, especially once I reached wonderland. The lightning only is there during the first couple of scenes (while you're still in the house) and I didn't find it all that bad. The mini-games are a tad repetitive and I'm not much of a fan of those cogwheel games, but the skip button fills up quickly.

I liked the story with the little twist a lot (it reminded me a bit of "American McGee's Alice") and found the characters a bit strange, but still fitting with the setting.

As I'm still running Windows XP, I had no technical issues at all. The custom cursor worked fine, the graphics were clear and I could find everything.

KeysPirate
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by KeysPirate on Mar 23, 10 8:45 AM
I played the demo for about a half hour, then read forum reviews, then went back to play until my time ran out. Despite all of the bad reviews, I may still buy the game.

The artwork is so beautiful that I'm less annoyed than usual by some of the hard-to-spot dark objects, and often I have found things in the course of enjoying the scene. For me, the colors, animations and the music (which is indeed repetitive if you listen, but it's fine with me as soft background) add to the atmosphere of the game. The lightning flashes did bother my eyes but I didn't last long enough to give me a headache.

The sad thing is... it could have been so much more.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 23, 10 11:08 AM
I have betatested this game and wrote about the hard-to-find-clues. This game has so much wasted potential. Sorry, not a game for me

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Mar 23, 10 1:34 PM
I also beta'd the game and remarked about the lightening flashes.

Thought I'd it again and it's a no brainer--not a game for me. Just an annoying game thru and thru.

star82601
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by star82601 on Mar 23, 10 2:10 PM
i bought this game and like most it wasn't one of the best games i have ever played but with the games that bfg has been putting out lately -i really wanted a game to play soooooooooo bought it.i have bought 100's of games on this site,but i am really getting disappointed it the choices that they are giving us.i really don't think they even play these games,cause if they did don't think we would see alot of them here.hope for better games in the future!!!!

Go to: