LinaJules
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Alice in Wonderland technical issues here only

[Post New]by LinaJules on Mar 26, 10 12:10 PM
Well, I did everything and I am still stuck on the cellar. I did find out that my Direct X did need to be updated as the last update was developed just in Feb 2010, I updated graphics card, adobe and whatever else that needed to be updated. It still is not working for me. I am wondering though...could it be Safari or Firefox that is not compatible for this game?? I run Safari. I quit using IE due to all the problems with that one. Just a thought though.....

[Post New]by amberkitty1 on Mar 26, 10 7:13 PM
I am trying to put the net together, I collected the basket thing when I was trying to make the boat. I looked at the walkthrough but the basket is not where it says now.Did I loose it? I have the other parts highlighted. and its not in the inventory anymore.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Mar 27, 10 7:17 AM
Im stuck at the sundial..I have all the pieces , but they wont merge...and hint just sends me in & out of the door in the sky........so close to the end of the game , dont really want to start all over..

micidawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by micidawn on Mar 27, 10 1:10 PM
I too am having trouble with the cellar scene. I know it's dark and the wall needs broken down, but the game won't let me pick up the crowbar and the lantern and matches. When you hit hint, it only shows me the wall in the cellar. Very much stuck, and only 45 minutes left of my trial. Please help me fix it so I can really try it out and see whether I want to buy it or not.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Mar 27, 10 3:49 PM
nanaseaweed wrote:
nanaseaweed wrote:Hi
I'm not sure this is a big problem but I thought I would mention it. When it loaded, It went to the left side of my screen and it wouldn't center itself. Some of the scenes were not completely visible especially around the edges. Like I couldn't read all the instructions. I am running a Sony Vaio laptop with windows 7 , aero card turned off. My compatability assistant questioned whether the program loaded correctly also.

Is there a fix for this?

Hi, I found by turning down my resolution on my screen from 1600x900 to 1024x760 It cleared up. It centers itself in full screen and I can see the whole picture. However It is not as big as it was. Another trade off was clicking off full screen and just stay in window version. Then you can center it yourself again though it is a small picture.
It's a challenging game to find items also. They are not easy large or small.
Nana

Edited on 03/27/2010 at 3:50:10 PM PST

brook11
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by brook11 on Mar 28, 10 10:19 AM
I played the game at several times yesterday with no problems until last night, the game stopped loading. At the first screen, with the buttons for play, options etc, I click on play and the load screen is there but the music goes into a loop of about 5 seconds and then nothing. I let it sit like that for 1/2 hour and it didn't leave the loop. When I hit esc the game went away. I tried to re-install but it didn't help. Do I need to delete the game first, then I lose my place in the game?

olgamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by olgamc on Mar 28, 10 1:25 PM
I've started over twice. Stuck in 2 different places. updated direct x . Nothing does any good. Can't get the cake ingredients to go together to give to the cook. In the firt time I painted the roses and got rid of the mushrooms. Gave him the rake. The roses are all painted but the paint brush won't go away & the guy won't talk to me.
I suppose I won't finish this, I'm too disgusted at this point.

Patsy

olgamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by olgamc on Mar 28, 10 2:57 PM
Tired of trying. I finally uninstalled this mess.

Olgamc

[Post New]by normshipley on Mar 28, 10 6:01 PM
Has anyone gotten any answers from customer service yet??????

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Mar 29, 10 3:42 PM
I finished the game. Wow it is beautiful! BUT the tech issues need to be cleared up. I had the left loading screen issue and too big to see the bottom of the scene to see all the HOG objects. So I went off full screen. Still beautiful and clear BUT most of the items were just random clicking to find!! Especially the last scene...I have played other games not here, on other sites and came across this issue with the beautiful graphics ones.
Mortimer Beckett was one. However it was fixed by the developers and was great to look at and play. I hope the kinks get worked out because it really could be a lot of fun!
Nana

[Post New]by hcoble_acc on Mar 29, 10 4:53 PM
normshipley wrote:Has anyone gotten any answers from customer service yet??????

a week ago they sent me a email wanting me to do dr. felix, i did that and answered questions about what can i see and do ect. i replied and still have not gotten an answer back, and i am a member and i bought this game, and i am one of many stuck in the cellar

nANCY362
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by nANCY362 on Mar 29, 10 7:19 PM
I got the cooks clothes but can't seem to do anything with them. The footprints just keep me going in circles. How can I get the cook to take her clothes?

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Mar 29, 10 8:33 PM
Chapter 8: the net. I found the pole, the log in the chest/desk but cannot find the other 2 items. In the walkthrough (where I've been 4 times in the last hour) it shows the metal looking harness thing in the lower left screen area (stuck inside a gear) and the net up near the blue light opening. I can see what looks to be the metal harness but nothing happens when I click on it. Same for the net in the other area. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game thinking it might need a boost or something but I'm having the same problem. I am so frustrated with this game. Up to this point, I have had no problems with it so this is disappointing. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do, please private message me or reply here. Thank you.

[Post New]by miamaciethan on Mar 29, 10 9:13 PM
sAME PROBLEM AS WITH MANY OTHERS--CAN'T GET THE CELLAR FLOOR TO TRIGGER A PUZZLE. CONTACTED BIG FISH AND THEY APOLOGIZED, GAVE ME A CODE FOR A FREE DOWNLOAD. SHOULD HAVE PICKED SOMETHING OTHER THAN ALICE, BECAUSE EVEN WITH A NEW DOWNLOAD OF THE GAME, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

sheridan5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Problems with the cellar, stuck

[Post New]by sheridan5 on Mar 30, 10 12:31 PM
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't help. Stuck at the cellar and unable to gather the items necessary.

Is there a fix?

[Post New]by miamaciethan on Mar 31, 10 5:21 PM
normshipley wrote:Has anyone gotten any answers from customer service yet??????

Customer service had replied both times I have sent messages. First time they gave a code to load any game for free. I used it to load the full version of Alice in Wonderland. Should have saved it for something else. Same problem--can't get out of the cellar. Wrote again and they offered me a credit, and suggested I try the walkthrough or the forums. Did both, no luck

[Post New]by Evesparadox on Mar 31, 10 11:34 PM
cll1950 wrote:Won't load tabs for cellar to look for crowbar and lantern. Won't let me pick up either. Hope they fix it but my demo's almost up. Have latest drivers and direct x.

I cannot trigger whatever I need to in the cellar. I have used my hints to find the general area on the floor, and I believe with absolute certainty, that I missed not a single pixel. I have yet to get past the cellar door as such I can not pick up the crowbar or the oil lamp. My trial too, is almost up and I am only like 2 minutes into it. I have even changed profiles and started anew, with no new results.

Ideas? Thoughts?

[Post New]by marvelina55 on Mar 31, 10 11:50 PM
Why is it that so many of us dealt with the player name of Rachael? Aslo the abbreviated screen, the distorted pixels in the "find the differences" page. I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole.

kahlida1
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by kahlida1 on Apr 1, 10 12:44 AM
I can't get to talk to the cook! I click and nothing happens...then when I click on the hint cat, I get an error message, and the game closes down. Very sorry I paid for this!!!! could have been a great game!

[Post New]by starrbug on Apr 1, 10 3:30 AM
im at the part where your finding recipet for cook. im on last item and the hint keeps telling me to go in and out of a door...but no item,

Go to: