bjdonn
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse

[Post New]by bjdonn on Mar 24, 10 3:18 PM
I normally just read, not post, but this time I had to make an exception. I read the reviews before making my decision regarding purchasing a game. There didn't seem to be very many on the fence here, everyone either loved it or hated it, can't wait to play it. Differences make the world go round. lol

[Post New]by patrickcono on Mar 24, 10 4:06 PM
It may be my computer, but the game crashes when I start the printer, or use the keys on the safe....

[Post New]by patrickcono on Mar 24, 10 4:06 PM
It may be my computer, but the game crashes when I start the printer, or use the keys on the safe....

pkrh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pkrh on Mar 24, 10 7:31 PM
The graphics were good enough for me and the varied puzzles are good. I was interested in the storyline.
The only thing I wasn't too keen on is that finding the objects was too easy. I bought the game after the trial hour and I am not disappointed.

[Post New]by wussman on Mar 24, 10 8:23 PM
I really really enjoyed the game, some of the puzzles were a little hard with vague instructions. The graphics, I thought were excellent, as some games the graphics are not crystal clear and harder to find the hidden objects. This is definitely a CONTINUE GAME!!!!!

Ron

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Mar 25, 10 10:32 AM
Yes the graphics are somewhat old school, and the some items could have been hidden better, but that aside i really enjoyed this game, fun and with a decent storyline and the basic run of the game kind of added to its charm,something a little different, worth the money i'd say

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 25, 10 3:11 PM
loudlife wrote:Okay, did I accidentally skip something? I can't figure out when she picked up the antidote? The big box thing went into the lava and the next thing you know the bad guy is there with a gun...? I don't want to replay the game so soon - can anyone help me with this detail?

i never saw her pick it up... my guess is she pulled it out of thin air -POOF- Presto! when she showed it to him, my first thought was "where the h*** did she get that?!?"

oh well... fun game anyway!

hatzic
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by hatzic on Mar 25, 10 8:19 PM
Like this one lots – rather easy puzzles, a little different, but the game play is involved and full of things to do. I like it.

Outta 5zz

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Mar 25, 10 9:51 PM
I was very surprised to like this game as much as I did. I went through the demo, but it seemed like only 30 minutes instead of an hour. I wasn't going to purchase any more games since I have already filled up one card this month, but I loved this so much I bought it immediately after the demo. I made it exactly to the middle at the end of Scofield Manor and the beginning of the Syndicate Headquarters in the one hour demo.

The graphics might not be high tech, but they are refreshing after so many games that are dark and have miniscule items to find. In trying to play through in the hour, I didn't read the whole storyline, but what I did read I found interesting. I am going to go back and play again from the beginning, taking my time, and reading the whole storyline. The characters are interesting instead of stupid as well. Yes, the items might be a tad easy to find, but there was still some thought involved in using what was found. Just an overall lovely game. Thanks BF for offering it to us!

[Post New]by emilialucinda on Mar 26, 10 7:25 PM
I was so disappointed with this game. The graphics are mediocre and the game is incredibly boring. I think someone else mentioned that the game is mainly just opening drawers. Unfortunately this is true. No thought is required in playing this game. Very disappointed.

Edited on 03/26/2010 at 7:54:53 PM PST

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Mar 28, 10 3:35 AM
I really loved everything about this game, just wanted it to keep going, can anyone recommend other games similiar to this one

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Mar 28, 10 11:40 AM
Great game, and one I'm definitely buying. I love the graphics, storyline, and game play. Lots of fun, and a great buy with Spring Fever.

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 11:42:42 AM PST

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Mar 28, 10 3:52 PM
I thought this was really a fun game. Just the break I needed after my ma passed over. Not too intense but enough to grab ya & make ya think.

[Post New]by HisChildBeth on Mar 28, 10 10:23 PM
I keep editing this reivew because it keeps putting in stars for **** - hidden object so I will have to spell it out.

This is one of the best hidden object-PUZ games I have played. Based on that fact I'd give it 4 Stars though there is definitely room for some improvement. I first played this game in casual mode, or whatever they call the low level, as I had not played a game from this company. I will play it again on advanced mode because I think that is where the major improvemnts could lie. A lot of the hidden object finds are obvious and childishlly simple from one screen to the next. I really enoyed the story which was one of the first times I've found a hidden object game with a decent script! They need to make the hide and seek part much more difficult. The one thing I liked was that the objects that you had to find were mostly needed to further the game except for finding random repetitive items for no more purpose than to give you lots of identical items to find. Finding objects to earn hints is stupid. I like to see different, not the same items, that you have to find, but still relate to the plot. I'm a stickler for the little details, and the thing that drives me nuts with these games is after you open a drawer or door or something you can't close it again. Who is going to search a room and leave it looking like it has been searched? I'm trying not to think this is a linear fixed plot, and believe the bad guy could jump out of the closet and get me any minute. Make the story a bit more realistic by having to put things back the way you found them, and if you don't then work that into the plot with "Oh, it looks like somebody beat me to this location." Also the puzzles need to be at the same level. The first puzzles were pretty simple, and then the last 3 or 4 were so much more difficult it was ridiculous. I was able to skip them without penalty, but I have some reprecussion for doing so. There was no way to get a hint in a puzzle. Why not? I love the scenes with characters conversing. What I didn't like was when Kate moved from one location to another with nothing showing how she got from place A to place B. Like Scofield's mansion to the next scene which I'm drawing a blank on right now.

This was a good game. You just need to improve a few pieces and move up the level of difficulty to make it more exciting and repeat playable.

Beth

Edited on 03/29/2010 at 1:34:35 PM PST

[Post New]by cleo1945 on Mar 29, 10 10:59 AM
Can someone please tell me how to get the blue tape on the broken pipes. I have tried everything shutting down restaring but still the tape won't join the pipes.
Love the game but want to get further

canuckfay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Great Game

[Post New]by canuckfay on Mar 29, 10 12:59 PM
I agree with one of you that said you were upset when the hour was up, I couldn't buy it fast enough and I got it on the SPRINGFEVER bonus but would have paid full price for it. Don't know how far I am into it but I am loving every minute of it. Thanks for an EXCELLENT game.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 29, 10 1:53 PM
cleo1945 wrote:Can someone please tell me how to get the blue tape on the broken pipes. I have tried everything shutting down restaring but still the tape won't join the pipes.
Love the game but want to get further

You first have to click on the machine that operates the tunnel tram (it's kind of behind one of the octopus' tentacles).

canuckfay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Best Game ever

[Post New]by canuckfay on Mar 31, 10 11:45 AM

I just finished this game and it was absolutely addictive, just loved it, I just noticed there are two more Millennium games, which one should I play next? Thanks

dorvisbunn
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by dorvisbunn on Apr 1, 10 12:16 PM
I just finished the demo. I'm considering buying it. I played on advance mode and the game still kept giving me hints and clues. Aren't there any games of this sort that allow you to figure it out on your own?

[Post New]by Farmhouse on Apr 3, 10 6:08 AM
Sorry folks but this game is too easy. Otherwise it would be quite worth buying. Have to say I am rather disappointed lately in the games coming out so much so that I might have to quit this addiction.

Go to: