Update, update ...

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Update, update ...

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 10, 16 4:09 PM
verdesa wrote:
Just provided the second installment to start de-cursing the first area of the new dive and it really does seem that we do now have the everlasting dive.

But Turalyon, your earlier question as to 'What are we going to do with all the basalt?' is a really good one. If we're diving so much more often to accumulate the necessary Amber, we're soon going to be inundated in basalt bits.

Awesome ! great that we have two players to confirm everlasting dive. Two hours and I can send my diver down again - yippee.

There is still the banners/decorations on the castle that say "coming soon". Maybe they will need basalt.

Re:Update, update ... cost me >1000 magic on my limit & now unlocking spaces cost MORE

[Post New]by SugarplumPCCLisa on Oct 10, 16 4:09 PM

I'm not at all happy about the update that caused me to lose >1000 magic on my limit & increased the cost of magic to unlock a space that I was "this close" to having my limit reach. Now my limit is only about half of cost of the space that I would have been able to get to at any moment. And the amount you gain from upgrading houses is SOOOOOOO LOOOOOWWWWWW! Pieces that used to give you at least 20 or 25 magic on your limit now only give you 10 . . . how am I EVER going to get my limit back up the >1000 I lost when I can only do it 10 at a time & I still have to have things that are in SHORT supply in order to even get the 10. I am seriously not happy and I may stop playing . . . I won't ever be able to progress at this rate, so what's the point? And now that you don't need the alluring amber to open spaces why have I wasted all of my stones to get them . . . ??????

Not happy! Not at all happy!!!!!!

Andovape
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Andovape on Oct 10, 16 4:12 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
Andovape wrote:

Need to de-curse Shade Alley (area below second part of the castle) The Left Wall is there. Shade Alley needs to be de-cursed in two parts. Have no idea what the requirements are since the update.

Thanks for the information, but everything below the second castle part says coming soon, so guess I'll have to wait for another update!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 10, 16 4:19 PM
Andovape wrote:

Thanks for the information, but everything below the second castle part says coming soon, so guess I'll have to wait for another update!

Click where the tower would go on top of the second castle and you should get the pop up that shows a circle with little feet walking. Click on the walking feet and it should shift the screen and show you with a green arrow what you need to take care of next before you can finish building the castle.

Try that and see what it does.

verdesa
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by verdesa on Oct 10, 16 4:24 PM
silver_hawk wrote:Two hours and I can send my diver down again - yippee.

There is still the banners/decorations on the castle that say "coming soon". Maybe they will need basalt.

Have fun diving! Bit of a steep magic requirement to get things going once you're down there but doable. Will be interested to see what the next areas are going to require.

I quite enjoy doing the dives, find them rather restful in a way, but diving more often is probably not going to make storage management any easier.

Re the basalt, you might be right about the 'coming soon' castle decorations. Just wish there was some idea as to when that might be.

Edited to add: Oh wow, I'm suddenly a Lobster!

Edited on 10/10/2016 at 4:26:36 PM PST

Andovape
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Andovape on Oct 10, 16 4:24 PM
silver_hawk wrote:

Click where the tower would go on top of the second castle and you should get the pop up that shows a circle with little feet walking. Click on the walking feet and it should shift the screen and show you with a green arrow what you need to take care of next before you can finish building the castle.

Cool! That works! But it still says "must complete page's tower first." I would guess that is a "coming soon" item, too. Thanks again for your help!

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Oct 10, 16 4:28 PM
The length of time that balloon orders last is longer. So waiting for an order to expire to get a new one that is easier to fill is now a lot more tedious.

Nothing new to do for those of us waiting for actual NEW content. It's less of an Update and more of a rules change mid-game to mess with the players.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Oct 10, 16 4:31 PM
Andovape wrote:
Cool! That works! But it still says "must complete page's tower first." I would guess that is a "coming soon" item, too. Thanks again for your help!

The page's tower is one of the three staggered towers that are part of the palace building on the left. The shortest one I believe. It's not a "coming soon" thing.

klm2395
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by klm2395 on Oct 10, 16 4:33 PM
I was able to leave came & come back & progress was saved without waiting 5-10 mins

Andovape
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Andovape on Oct 10, 16 4:42 PM
lady_sabelle wrote:

The page's tower is one of the three staggered towers that are part of the palace building on the left. The shortest one I believe. It's not a "coming soon" thing.

*Sigh*
Everything else around the second castle in the PC version, including the three towers, is "coming soon" item.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 10, 16 4:50 PM
Andovape wrote:
silver_hawk wrote:

No you don't have to wait. Pages Private tower is next to the Pupils tower which is next to the cartographers tower . All three are up against the left side of the second castle.

See this illustration where they are located in conjunction to the second castle. You must have all areas de-cursed to the far left stairs in order to reach these areas to start building.

You have to build the cartographers tower first then the pupils tower then the pages tower before you can build the Left wall. The tower on top of the second castle is the last thing you can build before an update is given to open the rest of the palace yard.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 10, 16 4:57 PM
Andovape wrote:
lady_sabelle wrote:

*Sigh*
Everything else around the second castle in the PC version, including the three towers, is "coming soon" item.

The PC version includes the second castle, the three towers to the left of it, the left wall, and the final tower on top of the second castle. You need to have the areas de-cursed to the left most stairs to access the three towers and you need to de-curse the area below the left most stairs to get to the Left Wall.

Keep clicking around. Make sure all your "turtles and snails" are de-cursed to return them back to islanders and you'll find what you're missing.

Andovape
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Andovape on Oct 10, 16 4:59 PM
I appreciate the help, Silverhawk, but on the PC version, the area is "coming soon" so not available. I do see the three towers on the picture when you click on the balloon floating over that area. Everything beneath the balloon is dark and marked "coming soon."

bichy
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by bichy on Oct 10, 16 5:01 PM
I don't know if there have been changes in the upgrades for the magic fountains but the some of the upgrades seem to be really unbalanced ie flower fountain lll to lV cost is 3 red, 3 teal and 3 black for only 28 magic upgrade.

Dive cost went up from 3k to 3.8k and I am down over 1k magic in the first place - wonderful.... not. Time of first area to decurse is 4h and 4.5k magic to decurse for both parts. The kick in the pants is that I have to spend 9k magic to even start decursing that first area. The next island has two cages then two more islands each with a caged dolphin.
Just how long is this dive area going to take and at what magic cost?

This update is what is commonly known as a "block" it is to slow people down because the devs want our money but don't want to give us a real update with actually opening up the areas with coming soon on them.
Whhen I first saw the new bright swirly magic symbols I thought how pretty now I am finding that they are hurting my eyes and giving me a head ache when I look at them - I really hope no one is epileptic and that the new symbols do not effect them.

Edited on 10/10/2016 at 5:20:14 PM PST

verdesa
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by verdesa on Oct 10, 16 5:18 PM
Not sure but is it possible that the problem with scrolling through markets has been fixed? I've tried it, backwards, forwards, shift left and right with multi-screen markets, all of the things that used to cause it to lock up and not work correctly.
Seems to be okay, none of the previous annoying problem. Perhaps they have fixed that one, as they've also fixed the Save on Exit problem (Yay!).
Anyone else still have the old problem scrolling through markets?

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Oct 10, 16 5:21 PM
Andovape wrote:I appreciate the help, Silverhawk, but on the PC version, the area is "coming soon" so not available. I do see the three towers on the picture when you click on the balloon floating over that area. Everything beneath the balloon is dark and marked "coming soon."

Silver Hawk and I are both on the PC. We've both finished the page's tower.

Jazzi98
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Jazzi98 on Oct 10, 16 5:21 PM
I too lost around 1000 magic, though I'm not sure why. I had completed all round 3 upgrades and some of round 4, which now gives 20 magic instead of 10.

The good: I'm pleased I don't have to keep feeding the diver magic. I had been limited to only diving on weekends, so now being time limited during the week should not matter. I like that I have the choice to use blue or green runes for Edabits now. I like the balloon changes too, where I have some idea of what runes I will get back.

The bad: The aforementioned magic limit loss. I have 4 balloons and have been fairly successful at getting them all sent out 2x a day. But now, am I really going to need all those runes now that I can't use them for house upgrades?

The ugly. I'm not seeing any change so far in the approximately 1:1 ratio of basalt to amber earned either on the dive or through the random townsfolk requests. Given that we barely needed basalt to begin with, and that the new amber requirements mean a lot more dives, what on earth are we going to do with all that excess basalt?? Suggest either a way to convert it to amber (preferred), doing away with it entirely (also works), or, as the market will be over saturated with the stuff, some way to destroy items to get them out of inventory.

Stormy9
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Stormy9 on Oct 10, 16 5:36 PM
Question: Do we have to complete the dives now? I was just going down long enough to collect amber, basalt and the depleted stone. I haven't finished my current dive, so I don't know yet, and would like to know if I should start making edaloot (sp??). Thanks!!

nildarose
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by nildarose on Oct 10, 16 5:39 PM
TMGamer99 wrote:Now I wish I hadn't updated yet.

Roof windows updates used to need 1 red stone and 1 green stone.
Now they need 10 amber and 1 alluring amber.

Door updates used to need 1 red stone and 1 blue stone.
Now they also need 10 amber and 1 alluring amber.

I hope we get more ways to get amber!

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Oct 10, 16 5:40 PM
I have a dive that started before the update. I still have a timer on the lamp and requests from the diver. I'd bet that if you let the timer run out it will still fail the dive.

Go to: