jojoqua
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for 'The Fateful Voyage - Titanic'

[Post New]by jojoqua on Apr 1, 10 9:57 PM
Ended game after 30 mins ... in total agreement with Poodlebear. I would also like to add that I found the music annoying and the subject --- YAWNcity! Isn't the voyage of the Titanic a little overplayed?

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on Apr 2, 10 4:40 AM
i must say
i agree with all the negative comments
this is def a no no for me
and i was really looking forward to it
i have all the other hidden mysteries games and love em
but not this one ..too depressing
half of it didnt even make sense
i uninstalled it even before my hour demo was up
one i wont be buying

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Apr 2, 10 12:31 PM
I played 34 minutes of the demo and bought it. So far, I haven't had any problems in figuring out what to do next. Nor have I noticed anything non appropriate in the settings. I don't care much for the husbands attitude towards his wife, but, a lot of men are like that. I did get a laugh out of the little boy when he told her to stuff it.
I think it's a good game.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Apr 2, 10 1:11 PM
I started out liking this game and thought it might be one I would purchase and play. The I encountered the eagle in Robert's? stateroom where the lipstick has to be used on the bird's leg and then I got so frustrated that I finally quit and decided not to buy. I cannot get the d---bird to take the lipstick and I am very sick of "That is not it's (sic) purpose" or something similar. The sic is because, once again and more and more frequently, people appear to have forgotten that "it's" means "it is."

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Apr 2, 10 4:31 PM
I didn't notice the "it's" but I agree that is just embarrassing.

And yeah, I think we're meant to think the husband is an ***. I hope later on in the story our protagonist will realize this.

rosieroo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosieroo on Apr 5, 10 8:45 AM
Did not enjoy my hour trial , Did not like all the dailogue and jumping from one screen to another Thought the hog games were too easy ,
Not for me much prefer the other Titanic hog .
Happy fishing

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 5, 10 7:04 PM
I have finished this game last weekend in appr. 4 hours (haven`t looked really on the clock). I what pretty good and worth my credit. I am excited for the fifth Hidden Mysteries game.

my3swps
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by my3swps on Apr 6, 10 9:21 AM
This game could easily have been done better. As a previous poster mentioned, the hidden objects were not time appropriate, and actions weren't always relevant (kind of insulting to our intelligence!) The deciding factor for me, though, was the nasty attitudes of the 2 main characters. The husband's condescension to his wife, and her perturbed SIGHING at you when you click on a wrong (or ever so slightly misplaced) item or area. Hardly my idea of FUN!
Sure glad for the demo on this one.

[Post New]by fizzgigg on Apr 7, 10 10:07 AM
I agree with many of the other posters. Too much dialog, haphazard logic, and all in all a tedious game to play. Didn't even make it though 30 mins before I tired of playing it.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Apr 7, 10 11:00 AM
Absolutely loved it! I think it was mislabelled as a HOG though as it is more of an adventure game. Things, to me, did make sense. The graphics were beautiful and it is quite a long game which was well worth a credit for me. A BIG plus was that I had no technical issues at all.
Sorry to disagree with most people but it's from me. I wish we could have more games of this calibre.

[Post New]by mooncat1950 on Apr 7, 10 5:43 PM
I don't post very often, but I have to say I really like this game. Plain vanilla HOGs just don't do it for me any more. Let's hear it for the AHOG - Adventure HOG!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Apr 7, 10 6:51 PM
awful game

[Post New]by evenfurtheraway on Apr 8, 10 5:35 AM
Wow, definitely a love it or hate it game. Personally, I loved it.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Apr 8, 10 8:24 AM
forensicMD wrote:I started out liking this game and thought it might be one I would purchase and play. The I encountered the eagle in Robert's? stateroom where the lipstick has to be used on the bird's leg and then I got so frustrated that I finally quit and decided not to buy. I cannot get the d---bird to take the lipstick and I am very sick of "That is not it's (sic) purpose" or something similar. The sic is because, once again and more and more frequently, people appear to have forgotten that "it's" means "it is."

I had the same problem. I never did understand why she wanted to put a boiled egg and a brass bird in her husband's stateroom anyway---it made no sense whatsoever. At first she said she was going to eat the egg, since she skipped lunch. Why is she doing these weird things? Is she insane?

I soldiered on past that point, however, and listened to a litany of "That's not it's intended purpose" and "That needs to be used in a different way" during the pipe puzzle. The game would have been much improved if, upon discovering the first section of pipe, you'd been told how many more sections that you needed to find in order to complete the puzzle. A lot of the problem was not with finding the objects, but with seeing the objects. I don't mind working hard to finish a game and will even use a walkthrough for every step of a game if it's a fun game and the story is interesting. This wasn't one of those games. Sorry to those of you who really like this game, but I didn't think it was fun at all.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 10, 10 8:22 AM
I enjoyed the game but the heroine's impatient and often snotty voice when I used the wrong item was really irritating. And I wish they could have saved the cat somehow.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Apr 10, 10 7:04 PM
Poodlebear wrote:Nope, not for me.

I found this game almost instantly annoying. I LOVE interactive inventory puzzles and the new adventure game, sort of a "light" version of point and click, BUT there has to be some logic to the tasks taken on. I want the characters behavior to make sense in the given situation. I can't really describe my frustrations without spoilers, but suffice it to say while I found the dockside tasks a bit far fetched I found the first tasks on board downright nonsensical. It's not that it's difficult per se, it just makes no earthly sense that anyone would do these things or have this behavior. Add to that some of the sloppiest junkpiling of unnecessary Hidden Object scenes and I just found myself rolling my eyes and wondering what happened between Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace (which I quite enjoyed) and this. I mean gve me strength, a peace sign in 1912? what's next a cell phone? Can we keep our junk piles, which in the context of a Luxury Liner make no sense anyway, in period at least?

Then there are the mini games, though only encountered a couple before bailing. There was a maze that wasn't fun, but it was easy. Then there was the card game. No instruction at all and the hint just lets you skip it. I don't want to skip it, but I'd at least like a clue how to proceed. By this time my annoyance factor was already high so that was the last straw. Where I normally enjoy fiddling around with a mini-game w/o instructions to see if I can figure it I just had no compulsion to go on.

I found the voice acting minimal at best and the story far fetched and not compelling. Graphics are clear but unappealing. Only positives I can find is custom cursor is optional and the hints recharge quickly, tho they aren't terribly helpful. I made less than 40 minutes of the demo.

Why did I not listen to you Poodlebear. What a waste of money. Terrible game. Should not have bought it.

[Post New]by militarymommy on Apr 12, 10 3:10 PM
This was only a two hour game for me and I found it rather annoying rather than enjoyable. There is a man in the hospital who is trapped and the room is on fire but I am going to go and put things right in the kitchen!? Also, the items you stop and look for are totally haphazard - no ryhme or reason to collecting them. The "Bonus" at the end was interesting as it told some of the mistakes that were made with teh Titanic. I find it a little unnerving the world is still making money off of this tragedy to this day. The graphics were very nice but overall I wish I had never wasted a credit on this game!

[Post New]by rehinstlouis on Apr 12, 10 3:28 PM
hi.. I can't even get anyone on the ship-I get as far as the boy in the car. Is there something I am not seeing????

chrelm
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by chrelm on Apr 13, 10 10:31 AM
I finally got around to playing the demo today (April 13) and I enjoyed it so much I was curious to see what some of the forum posts had been. I was shocked to see so many negative comments. I thought it was much more entertaining than the majority of games available lately and found that, with only a few minutes left to my demo play, I still have well over 2/3 of the game left to play. Usually I have less than half a game left according to the walkthrough. I am sure I will use one of my game credits to purchase this game.

rckgrl05
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by rckgrl05 on Apr 16, 10 1:11 PM
I actually really enjoyed this game. I liked that the tasks really weren't too logical because it made it less boring. I noticed a lot of people were frustrated with the card game I thought it was quite easy. It is definitely a love it or hate it game. Personally I loved it.

Go to: